Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Pouring shots into glasses

Aktillum
Aktillum PhilippinesMember Posts: 1,368 @@ - Legendary Achaean
I'd like to be able to pour my own shots of alcohol. Nothing wrong with buying shots from NPCs, but any social gathering in Achaea involving alcohol is generally littered with a hundred shotglasses all over the floor. It sounds pretty dangerous. What if someone fell down?

So I propose being able to POUR <alcohol> INTO <shotglass>. Then I propose unique shotglasses being sold across the world. Collect them all! Then bartenders and etc should sell more liquor by the bottle.

ExelethrilSzanthaxRohaiKresslackTaarkos

Comments

  • Sarathai
    Sarathai Member Posts: 2,139 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 2016
    Aktillum said:
    What if someone fell down?
    Presumably we would first require the dizziness affliction. Does alcohol in Achaea give that?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



  • Tahquil
    Tahquil Member Posts: 4,535 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    While this is cool, I think it's usually gets knocked back because at the moment alcohol is coded to the glass/cup/goblet you buy it in and the liquid itself is not its own item. Aka you aren't actually manipulating the contents when you drink but the glass itself.

    Maybe an idea for a shop of wonders item. Bottle of tequila/vodka/absinthe that refills with X sips a day and can be poured into shot glasses that come with it that can be passed around. 
    Raem
  • Kandra
    Kandra Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Sarathai yes
  • Aktillum
    Aktillum PhilippinesMember Posts: 1,368 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 2016
    Tahquil said:
    While this is cool, I think it's usually gets knocked back because at the moment alcohol is coded to the glass/cup/goblet you buy it in and the liquid itself is not its own item. Aka you aren't actually manipulating the contents when you drink but the glass itself.

    Maybe an idea for a shop of wonders item. Bottle of tequila/vodka/absinthe that refills with X sips a day and can be poured into shot glasses that come with it that can be passed around. 
    The bottle contents wouldn't need to be a separate item though, I think? I'm no MUD coder but it sounds reasonable that they could just trigger an empty glass to become filled with <alcohol> from the POUR command. I mean I totally get what're you're saying from the perspective of, say, swapping elixirs between vials, but it wouldn't need be that complicated.

    Though I guess a different hurdle would be the fact there are a lot of alcohols in Achaea with unique drinking descriptions (cocktails etc), so in that case, it would probably be a pain if the alcohol descriptions are indeed coded to the specific containers. But gdi I want to pour my own whisky shots.

  • Trey
    Trey Member Posts: 4,880 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aktillum said:
    Tahquil said:
    While this is cool, I think it's usually gets knocked back because at the moment alcohol is coded to the glass/cup/goblet you buy it in and the liquid itself is not its own item. Aka you aren't actually manipulating the contents when you drink but the glass itself.

    Maybe an idea for a shop of wonders item. Bottle of tequila/vodka/absinthe that refills with X sips a day and can be poured into shot glasses that come with it that can be passed around. 
    The bottle contents wouldn't need to be a separate item though, I think? I'm no MUD coder but it sounds reasonable that they could just trigger an empty glass to become filled with <alcohol> from the POUR command. I mean I totally get what're you're saying from the perspective of, say, swapping elixirs between vials, but it wouldn't need be that complicated.

    Though I guess a different hurdle would be the fact there are a lot of alcohols in Achaea with unique drinking descriptions (cocktails etc), so in that case, it would probably be a pain if the alcohol descriptions are indeed coded to the specific containers. But gdi I want to pour my own whisky shots.
    No she literally means that no matter what liquid is in a goblet you still get the original drink messages. If you fill a goblet with water or blood, you'll still get wine messages, for instance.

  • Ahmet
    Ahmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Trey said:
    Aktillum said:
    Tahquil said:
    While this is cool, I think it's usually gets knocked back because at the moment alcohol is coded to the glass/cup/goblet you buy it in and the liquid itself is not its own item. Aka you aren't actually manipulating the contents when you drink but the glass itself.

    Maybe an idea for a shop of wonders item. Bottle of tequila/vodka/absinthe that refills with X sips a day and can be poured into shot glasses that come with it that can be passed around. 
    The bottle contents wouldn't need to be a separate item though, I think? I'm no MUD coder but it sounds reasonable that they could just trigger an empty glass to become filled with <alcohol> from the POUR command. I mean I totally get what're you're saying from the perspective of, say, swapping elixirs between vials, but it wouldn't need be that complicated.

    Though I guess a different hurdle would be the fact there are a lot of alcohols in Achaea with unique drinking descriptions (cocktails etc), so in that case, it would probably be a pain if the alcohol descriptions are indeed coded to the specific containers. But gdi I want to pour my own whisky shots.
    No she literally means that no matter what liquid is in a goblet you still get the original drink messages. If you fill a goblet with water or blood, you'll still get wine messages, for instance.
    For some, it just won't give a message at all if the item doesn't contain the original liquid. Perhaps that could be changed to just give a generic message instead?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Tahquil
    Tahquil Member Posts: 4,535 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ah... Teacups full of blood that were perpetually hot and sweet.
  • Aktillum
    Aktillum PhilippinesMember Posts: 1,368 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Trey said:
    No she literally means that no matter what liquid is in a goblet you still get the original drink messages. If you fill a goblet with water or blood, you'll still get wine messages, for instance.
    Ah okay that makes more sense explained that way. I'm sure there's a solution out there, just don't know if its worth the devs time. Still, seems a pity we're stuck with buying shotglasses and then there being like 50 - 100 shotglasses on the ground at any social gathering. But I suppose thats realistic for the time period, if you look at paintings of renaissance orgies there's invariably always a bunch of goblets all over the place. Meh! Is it so wrong to want to feel classy in-game, holding a cigar, wearing a red velvet bathrobe, and pouring my own whisky shots? :(

  • Tahquil
    Tahquil Member Posts: 4,535 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 2016
    There are drinks that automatically deletes the item when fully consumed. The Brass Lantern drinks for example.

    edit - should also say there are some bars that will refill your glass if you hAnd it to the bartender instead of generating litter.
  • Ahmet
    Ahmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aktillum said:
    Trey said:
    No she literally means that no matter what liquid is in a goblet you still get the original drink messages. If you fill a goblet with water or blood, you'll still get wine messages, for instance.
    Ah okay that makes more sense explained that way. I'm sure there's a solution out there, just don't know if its worth the devs time. Still, seems a pity we're stuck with buying shotglasses and then there being like 50 - 100 shotglasses on the ground at any social gathering. But I suppose thats realistic for the time period, if you look at paintings of renaissance orgies there's invariably always a bunch of goblets all over the place. Meh! Is it so wrong to want to feel classy in-game, holding a cigar, wearing a red velvet bathrobe, and pouring my own whisky shots? :(
    Get an artie vial. Fill it with whiskey. Distribute accordingly.
    Huh. Neat.
Sign In to Comment.