Stellaris

*Comes out of his hole after playing Stellaris, looking haggard and emaciated.*

Anyone else? Yeesh.

Comments

• Razzlo said:
    *Comes out of his hole after playing Stellaris, looking haggard and emaciated.*

Anyone else? Yeesh.
    Soul stolen.
  • Better space pirate than @Kinilan.  :o
  • Rangor said:
    Better space pirate than @Kinilan.  :o
    Listen here you dirty foxfucking, backstabbing PoS! Next game I'm shoving my boot so far up your ass your
     furry grandchildren will taste Tiyanki Leather!
  • Kinilan said:
    Rangor said:
    Listen here you dirty foxfucking, backstabbing PoS! Next game I'm shoving my boot so far up your ass your
    Ain't no match for the space foxes. Foxtopia shall rule the galaxy!
  • Rangor said:
    Kinilan said:
    Rangor said:
    Ain't no match for the space foxes. Foxtopia shall rule the galaxy!
    Foxtopia and your vassels. God damn teamer. I bet your ships were auto-targeting too!
  • synchronised rail-guns. Best weapon there is.
  • edited May 2016
    I love my venerable space spiders and my religious zealot space rams
  • My space fungus have died from 'researching artificial intelligence', then for being slave masters, then for waking up on the wrong side of the galaxy, then for growing too close to a stagnant ascendancy or whatever then for running out of energy because I made too many robots, then for purging my vassal population, after integrating which took forever, that pissed off the entire galaxy against me, in my defense they were being dicks, then for enlightening industrial civilizations who decided they would rule themselves better than I could. So far I'm terrible at this game.
  • I always seem to find myself on the border of a fallen empire... almost almost a militarist isolationist... so even just touching their border is a most egregious offence ... ... hell, having a border that's not even touching them is an egregious offence...
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Daklore said:
    I always seem to find myself on the border of a fallen empire... almost almost a militarist isolationist... so even just touching their border is a most egregious offence ... ... hell, having a border that's not even touching them is an egregious offence...
    Always, Always. ALWAYS set up an embassy with any Fallen you might be next to. They won't declare war unless their opinion of you drops below -75. And if they really like you they just might do a research treaty with you. +25% research on any tech they know, and Fallen Empires know eeeeeeverything.

Oh and up to 3 Fallen can spawn per map, even if you set the AI to 1. They don't count and are generated on map creation under their own terms.
  • I want to surround my planets with defense platforms, declare war, blow a couple of their ships to pieces and beg for peace so I can study their hulls.
  • Kinilan said:
    Daklore said:
    I always seem to find myself on the border of a fallen empire... almost almost a militarist isolationist... so even just touching their border is a most egregious offence ... ... hell, having a border that's not even touching them is an egregious offence...
    Always, Always. ALWAYS set up an embassy with any Fallen you might be next to. They won't declare war unless their opinion of you drops below -75. And if they really like you they just might do a research treaty with you. +25% research on any tech they know, and Fallen Empires know eeeeeeverything.

Oh and up to 3 Fallen can spawn per map, even if you set the AI to 1. They don't count and are generated on map creation under their own terms.
    I know that :P I'm pretty familiar with paradox titles previous to Stellaris anyway :3 But it never seems to fail, that I end up bordering a military isolationist from the very get go... or where my plans of expansion go... >.< Three games. A military isolationist on my border... in one game TWO OF THEM ON OPPOSITE SIDES. Introversion hates me ... and I'm an introvert u_u
  • Been playing a multiplayer with a group of people--all in total, there's five of us. It's been mostly a co-op game, no player vs player, which is fine with me... except it feels like i'm doing all the lifting >.>

I am the Xenoma Harmony, the green blob at the southern side of the galaxy(and I have smatterings of clay toward the eastern side of the galactic arm as well). The group of players spans almost entirely the length of the western side of the galaxy, north to south(cardinal directions in terms of the image, quit nitpicking). A small part of me--a small part--wonders if I should just leave the Federation and engage in a brutal war of attrition toward the north...

Oh, right. That angry-octopus to my south? Military isolationist... >.> There are three Fallen Empires in this galaxy, I don't think there's a fourth one, there's not much left uncovered on the map. A military isolationist, a keeper of knowledge, and a holy guardian. The holy guardian likes me... mostly because I am a spiritualist. ... Unfortunately, my "allies" already want to try and fight a fallen empire. ... Yeah, I'm not going to sacrifice my fungi-controlled badgers for your insane goals... I mean, if they want to fight the keeper of knowledge(that one is in the north, far far away from my borders, the holy guardians are closer, but still a respectable distance off)... I'll stay home and let their worlds burn... :3
  • You weren't invaded by inter-galactic roaches yet? I'm jealous you have actual allies and a federation. All I get are weak vassals and rofl stomped by those fallen empires. Good luck if you fight them although they aren't easy at all. Those shields they have are insane.
  • I don't think we've reached the late-game to hit the inter-galactic roach invasion yet :3 ... but when it happens, odds are I'll be the one fighting... everyone else will just be... kinda flailing angrily...
  • Try the Fallen. Worst case scenario is they slap you all around like the undeveloped children they see you and take some of your planets. Before you regroup, go back and finish the job. It's no fun running out the clock. Finding out if you can is way more fun than being 100% sure you're going to win.

Or steamroll them with BBs sporting particle lances.
  • When I'm pretty sure my allies won't actually be of any help, I'm not going to tackle the fallen empires :P When I have a fleet capable of at least putting up a fight(not necessarily winning), then I'll be more open to the idea of attacking a fallen empire.
  • Daklore said:
    When I'm pretty sure my allies won't actually be of any help, I'm not going to tackle the fallen empires :P When I have a fleet capable of at least putting up a fight(not necessarily winning), then I'll be more open to the idea of attacking a fallen empire.
    Fool! Use those dirty Xenos agains't themselves! Sell them on the idea of invasion saying you'll do the work with your massive fleet. But you can't declare war because you're not the Fed Pres, one of them is. So get them to declare on the closest Fallen because when you win they will get all the territory. They are closer and in charge of the Fd

Except it is all a lie. You are going to lose. Well they are, when they get slaughtered by the Fallen. When it's done and their fleets are gone, their economy is wasted you quit the Fed and stab them in the back. Vassalization war goal. Do it
  • That sounds so Mhaldorian XD

My species is not Mhaldorian, however. :P
  • Fallen have never actually taken my planets, they usually liberate them! Bastards! Although if I get trashed hard they take my homeworld :(
  • Kinilan said:
    Daklore said:
    When I'm pretty sure my allies won't actually be of any help, I'm not going to tackle the fallen empires :P When I have a fleet capable of at least putting up a fight(not necessarily winning), then I'll be more open to the idea of attacking a fallen empire.
    Fool! Use those dirty Xenos agains't themselves! Sell them on the idea of invasion saying you'll do the work with your massive fleet. But you can't declare war because you're not the Fed Pres, one of them is. So get them to declare on the closest Fallen because when you win they will get all the territory. They are closer and in charge of the Fd

Except it is all a lie. You are going to lose. Well they are, when they get slaughtered by the Fallen. When it's done and their fleets are gone, their economy is wasted you quit the Fed and stab them in the back. Vassalization war goal. Do it
    You don't use Xenos, you enslave them and purge the troublesome populations until you get the right breeding mix and make them do research.
  • Pfft, When I want slaves I'll build them!
  • This game is Fun* So far I have had my ass kicked by 4 different fallen empires. In my current game I am holding on with 3 of them  at -997 thanks to embassies keeping them above -1000.

The rest of the galaxy is starting to hate me more and more but they'll have to get in line.

* Fun is a Registered Trademark of Dwarf Fortress.

• I took out my first fallen empire. It was a brutal first war, fortunately, my ally took the brunt of the losses. It was a massive fleet engagement over the beacon of stability... but eventually, I walked away with their mostly-ruined ringworld and having obliterated a majority of their fleet.

I came back 11 years later or so after the peace was done and finished them off, taking their only remaining fully-functional ringworld and making everyone but my ally afraid of me. It's okay, I'm not afraid of their federations anyway.
  • I swear to god, I have no idea how you guys get allies. I have to force vassalize allies who then get mad because I purge most of them and make synthetics. ;-;   #FanaticCollectivistProblems
  • Vassals are the best though. They actually send you ships and even though they might get pissy about something they keep it to themselves.
  • Kinilan said:
    Vassals are the best though. They actually send you ships and even though they might get pissy about something they keep it to themselves.
    Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't integrate and purge them....
  • Integrate slooooowly or else they all revolt at once like CK2 revolts.
  • Getting allies is... easy. Don't go on a war rampage and make everyone afraid of you. Focus on people who share similiar ethos with you--or are federation builders, they get a +10 to alliance offers.