Magi Kill Strats

Alright. Managed to piece together how to Burn someone to death, but how can magi punish someone for curing burning but not their limbs? Also, how do I freeze people to death? And do we have any way to capitalize on our vibes without dropping retardation to do so?

Comments

• edited April 2016
    right now there's little in the way of punishing burn prios. Yea, MAYBE you can permaprone (which is very unlikely now that it takes 7 hits to break), but you can't really stack damage on them, cuz a smart opponent will tumble away. There's a firewall change for that though, so we'll see. 

freezing someone for pummel is stupid easy. prep, break and prone with airstrike, deepfreeze, waterstrike/hypothermia, then pummel away. break torso if you want to prolong hypothermia for tankier people.

vibes are a great supplemental arsenal, and are -mostly- a group combat thing. That being said, if you can stick aeon with destabilise ret, your vibes will fuck someone up hardcore. no escape. super winning mode.

if you need any other help, ask me in game. join mhaldor's cata army too. rah rah
  • edited April 2016
    @Aegoth Thank you for the help. I look forward to mastering all of these. 

As for Mhaldor's Cata Army.. Can't do it,  gotta be the force that stands against yall. Loosis needs a Cata Army of our own.  Our Patron is Goddess of the Cataclysm and until recently we only had 1 magi!

• Borran said:
     Our Patron is Goddess of the Cataclysm and until recently we only had 1 magi!
    She is welcome to join too!
  • I'm actually thinking of going Magi as class 3 and I'm sure if I do so will Austere. Loosis needs magi for sure and we both already have the Arties for it. 
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Morthif said:
    I'm actually thinking of going Magi as class 3 and I'm sure if I do so will Austere. Loosis needs magi for sure and we both already have the Arties for it. 
    Mother F....Stop tempting me.  I'm holding out that the new class with be op still.  Magi doesn't need arties beyond diadem and SoA for one on one, and you might get by with neither as nimble. More damage is useful for pummel strats, but destroy is pretty solid against those super tank people.  Walls will mess you up,  though
  • According to my sources, we're about to have a few magi in Loosis. Don't you worry your little heads. Now lets get some bards so we can get rid of all these Gravehands!

• I am also a bard
  • edited April 2016
    Borran said:
    Alright. Managed to piece together how to Burn someone to death, but how can magi punish someone for curing burning but not their limbs? Also, how do I freeze people to death? And do we have any way to capitalize on our vibes without dropping retardation to do so?
    Against such people you have to force a restoration application, and then stack up some burning stacks and destroy in the 6 seconds it takes for them to recover salve balance. With a two-limb setup you can dehydrate and prone them, then staffstrike fire/scorch on leg apply, then chase EQ to conflagrate, scorch again and destroy. If everything goes perfectly (no rebounding on the staffstrike, Inferno tick at the right time, no room hinder to tumble out of,) then this is pretty deadly. Also requires Quick Witted and a diadem.

As Aegoth said, vibes are mostly for groups. The damaging vibes are pretty nice for dueling, though. Supposedly there is a penalty for having too many with a big Golem, but I never figured out what that penalty was.
  • Bard Eq Harmonic + Magi Cata. 

• It appears I put the cart before the horse again- I will need to get some crystals before I can build a golem capable of doing this.

• @Aegoth expert of the Magi ways, can you explain what this actually means:

Using the golem as a focus, you are able to perform spells that would otherwise be impossible. Most spells performed in this way require a certain crystal to be part of the golem (these are noted in the relevant ability files). However, be warned. The larger your golem, the more its presence shall interfere with your crystalline vibrations, with potentially disastrous results. The pragmatic sorcerer shall endeavour to balance both his golem's size with the number of vibrations he or she has active at any one time.

• Means nothing right now, honestly. Having a full golem and full vibes doesn't seem to have any penalty. Not sure why it says it does. And truly, if it did have a penalty, that'd be a huge, huge deterrent to even fighting as magi
  • Weird, I actually stumbled on it when I was still tritrans magi. Past a certain vibe/golem threshold you occasionally get some kind of noise message when trying an action and your EQ recovery for that action is extended.