Help with the blademaster limb counter

So someone passed me an updated version of Dorn's limb counter. It's pretty reliable but the small table on the upper right where all the numbers are found is driving me up the wall and hissing like a disturbed cat. I can't stare at the table while maintaining any kind of defense at all. Is there any chance there's anyone with enough familiarity with the counter who can help me set up an echo similar to what SVO's limb counter shows every time a hit connects?

Comments

• You can move and adjust the limb counter window by editing the moveWindow and resizeWindow methods of LCWindow() in the Limb Counter script. I usually put mine at the bottom right so it's easier to follow.

That's an interesting idea, though. I'll take a crack at it.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I've done some pretty heavy modding of Dorn's freeware to make it suit my needs and expectations, but this should still work for you. Create a script, drop this in there, and then add @BM_prompttag to your Svo prompt. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll see what I might have changed on my end that your end wouldn't recognize.

--example prompt: vconfig customprompt ^1H:@health, ^2M:@mana, ^G@eqbal^w@defs- ^b@shin @BM_prompttag

svo.adddefinition("@BM_prompttag", "BM_prompttag()")

function hLimbDamage()
    if breakpoint-damageHead < damageOffSlash then return "<red>"..math.round(damageHead, 1)
    elseif breakpoint-damageHead < damageSlash then return "<yellow>"..math.round(damageHead, 1)
    else return "<a_darkgreen>"..math.round(damageHead, 1)
    end
    end

function tLimbDamage()
    if breakpoint-damageTorso < damageOffSlash then return "<red>"..math.round(damageTorso, 1)
    elseif breakpoint-damageTorso < damageSlash then return "<yellow>"..math.round(damageTorso, 1)
    else return "<a_darkgreen>"..math.round(damageTorso, 1)
    end
    end

function laLimbDamage()
    if breakpoint-damageLeftArm < damageOffSlash then return "<red>"..math.round(damageLeftArm, 1)
    elseif breakpoint-damageLeftArm < damageSlash then return "<yellow>"..math.round(damageLeftArm, 1)
    else return "<a_darkgreen>"..math.round(damageLeftArm, 1)
    end
    end

function raLimbDamage()
    if breakpoint-damageRightArm < damageOffSlash then return "<red>"..math.round(damageRightArm, 1)
    elseif breakpoint-damageRightArm < damageSlash then return "<yellow>"..math.round(damageRightArm, 1)
    else return "<a_darkgreen>"..math.round(damageRightArm, 1)
    end
    end

function rlLimbDamage()
    if breakpoint-damageRightLeg < damageOffSlash then return "<red>"..math.round(damageRightLeg, 1)
    elseif breakpoint-damageRightLeg < damageSlash then return "<yellow>"..math.round(damageRightLeg, 1)
    else return "<a_darkgreen>"..math.round(damageRightLeg, 1)
    end
    end

function llLimbDamage()
    if breakpoint-damageLeftLeg < damageOffSlash then return "<red>"..math.round(damageLeftLeg, 1)
    elseif breakpoint-damageLeftLeg < damageSlash then return "<yellow>"..math.round(damageLeftLeg, 1)
    else return "<a_darkgreen>"..math.round(damageLeftLeg, 1)
    end
    end

function BM_prompttag()
    return(laLimbDamage().."<LightGray>/"..raLimbDamage().."<LightGray>|"..llLimbDamage().."<LightGray>/"..rlLimbDamage().."<LightGray>|"..hLimbDamage().."<LightGray>/"..tLimbDamage().."<LightGray>|<white>"..breakpoint)
    end

-- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Ohh, cool. Thanks. I'll give it a try but it may not work for me. My prompt is already pretty crammed.
  • If you would prefer to have them echoed only a few modifications would be necessary.

1) Remove the svo.adddefinition() function call.
    2) Change BM_prompttag() (and rename it, probably) to cecho the results instead of returning them.
    3) Call the updated method in Dorn's provided triggers for slashes. The copy I had was missing entries for compassslash so I had to add those myself.

I'd recommend doing so for both successful and failed limb slashes. I don't know what other functionality SVO's limb counter has as I only play BM -- if there's something else you need please provide an example.