Eq and Balance based classes?

Can I get a rundown of which classes are balance based and which are eq based?

Comments

• Apostate - Hunting uses EQ (decay) but combat uses Balance (pretty sure deadeyes bleed bleed is shit for bashing, idk)
    Alchemist - Hunting uses EQ (educe), combat uses balance again.
    Bard - Balance, minor abilities that use EQ, otherwise it's fully balance-based
    Blademaster - Same as bard.
    Druid - To my knowledge, balance based. Might have a few EQ things as well.
    Jester - Balance
    Knight (Runewarden/Infernal/Paladin) - Balance, with a few things EQ. Nothing major except devotion abilities (which -can- be major, but not in the grand sceme of things)
    Magi - Hunting uses EQ, combat I'm told can use both quick-witted or nimble, so doesn't matter highly on that front. Largely EQ though.
    Monk - Tekura is balance (their main stuff), the rest is EQ. A lot of which is reduced with dragon stance.. Primarily balance though.
    Occultist - EQ. Tarot uses balance, but the vast majority of your kit is EQ.
    Priest - Hunting uses balance, from recent tests (<5 months) nimble/qw doesn't matter too strongly. Both are fine.
    Sentinel - Balance.
    Serpent - Balance.
    Shaman - Balance.
    Sylvan - EQ.

• Thank you! Perfect
  • While Priest's hunting uses balance, I can't think of any reason you'd want Nimble over QW for combat. QW for pk for sure.

Monk can go either QW or nimble nowadays, depending on which setup you want to use. QW would focus on Scythe in 1v1 and Kaido/Telepathy in group pk. Nimble focuses on BBTs in 1v1 and group, though obviously in group you can still use lots of kaido/telepathy even if nimble.

• Farrah said:

While Priest's hunting uses balance, I can't think of any reason you'd want Nimble over QW for combat. QW for pk for sure.

Monk can go either QW or nimble nowadays, depending on which setup you want to use. QW would focus on Scythe in 1v1 and Kaido/Telepathy in group pk. Nimble focuses on BBTs in 1v1 and group, though obviously in group you can still use lots of kaido/telepathy even if nimble.

Would you say QW is viable without a diadem for monk, though? That's a consideration for someone that's just switching class like Drauka.
  • interesting how they got more complex with traits and builds... I do like that I can stay Grook. I still have traits and race specialization available (will save for now, resetting them is too costly). Decided to go with Monk finally. Versatile and so many cities and houses allow them... plus fits where I want to go with the whole "balance" and "neutrality" rp thing.