Anyone can help me make an Alias on Mudlet?

Hello! I'm trying to make an alias for my shaman for swiftcurse. So far I have 2 triggers
Trigger1
Trigger line- You weave your fingers together, calling upon the swiftcurse to aid you.
Big box- SwiftCurse = true

Trigger2
Trigger line- The swiftcurse leaves you.
Bog Box- SwiftCurse = false

Alias
Name: Swiftcurse Bleed
Pattern=?? Not sure what to put here

Big box-

If SwiftCurse = true then

send("swiftcurse &tar bleed")

else

send("curse &tar bleed")

end

the alias is getting a syntax error.   Lua syntax error:[string "function Alias266()..."]:2: '=' expected near 'SwiftCurse'

I'm not sure how to fix this. I basically want an alias that'll trigger when I use swiftcurse so I can use the same keybindings for normal Curses and Swiftcurses.

ex. "Curse &tar Bleed" and "Swiftcurse &tar Bleed" is the same keybind.

Comments

• YaeYae
    edited April 2016
    Use double == if you want it to confirm if it's true in the alias box. So you want:

if SwiftCurse == true then
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • Hm that didn't seem to fix it.
  • edited April 2016
    You seem to be using mudlet, but are using the serverside targetting variable &tar. Did you mean to, does your targetting (ie, t thing) alias, use SETTARGET? or does it just set target = thing?
    (likely disregard this, I thought the question was more involved than it is)

I also notice the 'I' in if is capitalized. If this wasn't a mistake, it needs to be lowercase. But yes, 

if SwiftCurse == true then

also, you made an alias. Did you mean to? Or did you mean to make a keybind.

Your alias needs a command to go with it. That's what pattern is for.

So, for example, your pattern could be:

^swc$
    ^ is start of line anchor, $ is end of line anchor, what's in the middle is the actual command you type.

so, whenever you type swc and hit enter, it would swiftcurse whatever you have SETTARGET on, with your logic.

If you just want a keybind (which your post might suggest, although i do see you say you want an alias.), and not an aliased command, you could just put that if statement inside of a key.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I'll just leave this here. /shamelessplug
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • @Jonathin tiny typo: it tells mudllet

but I will be handing that website out like candy, makes this easy for people to learn. Thanks!