Hail, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Looking for a hand with Magi combat

GaraiGarai Member Posts: 15 ✭✭ - Stalwart
edited April 2016 in Magi
Have a few questions regarding magi combat.

1.  [email protected]?!#$ Can't keep them around. I can slow prep the legs but not sure how to secure the kill from their from a frozen standpoint (fire woes to come). Seems like 2x pummel and a stormhammer usually does it, but is there a better way? (That's right @Caitlin YOU WILL SUFFER THE WRATH)
  2. Is there a way Magi can bypass parry? Seems like i have a really hard time when people start moving leg parries around (to prep both legs)
  3. how mobile should I be? Should i be sitting in the room or moving out and in? Guess it depends on who I am facing
  4. Fire. I get the idea behind it, and the general kill route, but it doesn't seem SVO keeps track of the burns very well. Is there a way to do this well? I always seem to stick dehydrate, conflag, but can't seal the deal after that (I destroy when I think I have enough stacks and the game laughs at me)

Any help would be appreciated, I really want to improve at 1v1, but Kasa aside, there's not a ton of magi in Hashan!

Comments

• AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,498 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    let me sleep. then i will attend to you when i awaken in glory
    GaraiRomHalosElly
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 1,283 @ - Epic Achaean
    Probably OP but why not give Magi an elemental check that they can use like "perceive" or "evaluate" that checks for freeze/frozen or burn status?
  • CynlaelCynlael Member Posts: 3,257 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You just answered your own question.

• GaraiGarai Member Posts: 15 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Cynlael said:
    Part of it, perhaps? I don't mean to be rude but I'm not sure where this comment was headed.

• MaraxMarax The ScriptoriumMember Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Garai said:
    Cynlael said:
    Part of it, perhaps? I don't mean to be rude but I'm not sure where this comment was headed.
    Sure that was intended for Dochitha's "might be OP but..."
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • AesiAesi Member Posts: 1,212 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited April 2016
    Marax said:
    Garai said:
    Cynlael said:
    Sure that was intended for Dochitha's "might be OP but..."
    Makes sense
  • GaraiGarai Member Posts: 15 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    edited April 2016
    I can see that now. I need more coffee before I attempt human communication in the morning. My bad.

• CynlaelCynlael Member Posts: 3,257 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yeah, it was directed at him, lol. Magi being able to see burn/freeze levels, in a way similar to evaluate/perceive would be a little silly... Stiiiil don't agree with perceive being a thing, but it is what it is :p

Garai
Sign In to Comment.