Looking for a hand with Magi combat

edited April 2016 in Magi
Have a few questions regarding magi combat.

1.  Serpents?!@?!#$ Can't keep them around. I can slow prep the legs but not sure how to secure the kill from their from a frozen standpoint (fire woes to come). Seems like 2x pummel and a stormhammer usually does it, but is there a better way? (That's right @Caitlin YOU WILL SUFFER THE WRATH)
  2. Is there a way Magi can bypass parry? Seems like i have a really hard time when people start moving leg parries around (to prep both legs)
  3. how mobile should I be? Should i be sitting in the room or moving out and in? Guess it depends on who I am facing
  4. Fire. I get the idea behind it, and the general kill route, but it doesn't seem SVO keeps track of the burns very well. Is there a way to do this well? I always seem to stick dehydrate, conflag, but can't seal the deal after that (I destroy when I think I have enough stacks and the game laughs at me)

Any help would be appreciated, I really want to improve at 1v1, but Kasa aside, there's not a ton of magi in Hashan!

Comments

• let me sleep. then i will attend to you when i awaken in glory
  • Probably OP but why not give Magi an elemental check that they can use like "perceive" or "evaluate" that checks for freeze/frozen or burn status?
  • You just answered your own question.

• Cynlael said:
    You just answered your own question.
    Part of it, perhaps? I don't mean to be rude but I'm not sure where this comment was headed.

• MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    Garai said:
    Cynlael said:
    Part of it, perhaps? I don't mean to be rude but I'm not sure where this comment was headed.
    Sure that was intended for Dochitha's "might be OP but..."
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • edited April 2016
    Marax said:
    Garai said:
    Cynlael said:
    Sure that was intended for Dochitha's "might be OP but..."
    Makes sense
  • edited April 2016
    I can see that now. I need more coffee before I attempt human communication in the morning. My bad.

• Yeah, it was directed at him, lol. Magi being able to see burn/freeze levels, in a way similar to evaluate/perceive would be a little silly... Stiiiil don't agree with perceive being a thing, but it is what it is :p