Help with SVOF?

Hey there everyone..

I've been through the ringer with SVOF and I'm just too out of touch with the community to know who or where to get the best advice. Similarly, the Mudlet Clan would probably be useful to me but I'm not certain how to join.

That being said, I'd appreciate any general or even specific advice as it relates to SVOF. I'm the kind of player whose experience is just brought up to par if their system is basically 'working'.  Right now it prefers eating all my herbs to finishing a defup sequence.....

Thank you in advance. 

Comments

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    edited April 2016
    So I use @vadimuses documentation website... (And I Google for it every time...svo documentation)

http://doc.svo.vadisystems.com/

Vshow keepup is good... And vshow I think shows you which defence you have it set to when you log in.  Maybe it's vconfig?

When you say eating all your herbs... Do you mean outr all and eating all? Did you vinstall? Hmm... Is that gmcp turned on? Do you have a weird custom prompt? Have you tn ss(turned server side on)

• edited April 2016
    Serverside is not on currently. What I mean about eating all my herbs? Well this is the last example I have on hand:

^ That I managed to fix -somehow- through uninstalling all of mudlet repeatedly. 

Now when I try to go into any defence mode it is stuck outr hawthorn|eat hawthorn/outr bayberry|eat bayberry, infinitely. I can get it to stop by switching to another mode but it will never finish deffing, even if I turn something off. It's stuck in an endless loop.

But I'm running up against a lot of this and it's just baffling. What is this about?

What?

As for the documentation, it really doesn't seem to have much to say about when the system loses basic functionality. 
    Which version do you have installed?

Wish I wad online so I could tell directly to you...

• edited April 2016
    Paladin.SVOF.v16, straight from Github which I understand is now the home of SVO(F)
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Step 1: Install Svof
    Step 2: Enable GMCP.
    Step 3: type 'vinstall', follow prompts.
    Step 4: Set everything on fire.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    Step 1: Install Svof
    Step 2: Enable GMCP.
    Step 3: type 'vinstall', follow prompts.
    Step 4: Set everything on fire.
    Everything but that last step has been done and I'm about ready to move to it now!
    Yeah weird.

Does your pipelist have multiple pipes with valerian?

• No. It didn't while it was doing that and it doesn't now (thought that particular problem is fixed).

It's more the infinite deffing that is an issue now. 
  • Here's a reproduced example. On log in I get:

and later:

Soo very weird. Try turning sever side on? Tn ss... See what happens?

• edited April 2016
    Okay....uhh....looks like the serverside took over and finished my defup? I don't understand...

EDIT: Spoke too soon, it did a bunch of them but it's still stuck. 
    Is dor on?

• No sir
    What if you switch to empty profile... And then turn off ss.. tf ss

• That applied epidermal twice. Switching back continues the mess. I wonder if I'm just SOL?
    No... Something is weird...applying epidermal is trying to cure blindness and deafness... I want to look at it... 

I run into problems sometimes but not this drastic

• I would suggest turning over most of the functions to serverside and keeping very few on SVOF, as serverside is pretty good with most things. Basic defenses, cures (other than tree, aeon, etc) done by serverside will fix the problem you're having. 

Also, try inputting your pipe numbers by hand. I had the same problem where it was assigning two pipes to valerian (might be a bug in the config option to have two sets of pipes). It fixed itself once I did the VCONFIG VALERIANPIPE (ID) manually. 

• I'll take some of this advice if it seems to work...though I'm not sure how to disable that much of SVO. I'll look into it. Still, is it really so broken that this is the best advice I can get?
  • Could this be indicating something is amiss?

• How about this?

hrm... ok save the profile... qq out... close mudlet... open..connect.... try vinstall again. see what happens?

• Try to type curing off. Server-side might be curing. Blind and deaf while svoff puts them back on.
  • The root problem started before turning server-side on...but that aside:

I rolled back to version 15 and got 2.1 Mudlet again from sourceforge as for whatever reason I can't download anymore from the website. SO far everything seems okay. Crossing my fingers.
  • Is Svo still dependent on a very specific in-game prompt format? If you've added things to the in-game prompt (i.e. you've set CONFIG PROMPT CUSTOM) then there's a high chance that Svof's trigger isn't firing or at least not correctly recognising that you have blindness and deafness.
  • It's a possibility and I've even had someone check that...but then something as simple as Battlerage doesn't show in SVO as an option for its custom prompt. I guess I need some help coding some Mudlet Gui stuff as well.

Too bad nobody wants 50 credits.... 

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4609/seeking-lovely-art-character-portrait-mudlet-gui-paid#latest
  • Svo's custom prompt allows you to implement your own prompt tags, and pulling your current Rage value out of GMCP is pretty straightforward. Something like this (might have misremembered a couple of the variable names):

function getBattlerageAmount()
        for _, stat in ipairs(gmcp.Char.Vitals.charstats) do
            if string.starts(stat, "Rage") then
                return tonumber(string.match(stat, "(%d+)"))
            end
        end
    end

function addBattleragePrompt()
        svo.adddefinition("@battlerage", "getBattlerageAmount()")
    end

registerAnonymousEventHandler("svo system loaded", "addBattleragePrompt")

• Thank you, I'll try that!
  • Szanthax said:
    So I use @vadimuses documentation website... (And I Google for it every time...svo documentation)

http://doc.svo.vadisystems.com/

If you have Mudlet open (and Svo(f) installed), the 'vhelp' alias should open the documentation in your default browser.
    Ha-some