Best Class for Bashing to Dragonhood!(without artefacts)

As the title claims, I'm wondering what the best class to reaching Dragonhood is? I'm currently part of Cyrene, and my only goal is to reach Dragonhood as fast as possible. I don't plan on purchasing any artefacts as of right now, unless I accumulate enough gold while bashing. I hear Runewarden is one of the best but I find that the class is a tad boring for my taste, so any other class will do!

Answers

• edited February 2016
    Two-handed Runewarden or Paladin.

Outside of that, they're all going to be fairly close to the same. If you wouldn't want to play a knight class, I would suggest Magi probably.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Bard was pretty nice, but admittedly I had a SoA.
  • Wouldn't suggest magi.

Sylvan up there, so's sentinel/priest because of tankiness.
  • Paladin.
  • In Cyrene? SnB runewarden. 

If you're willing to leave / start somewhere else: Sylvan all the way. Especially if you can get artifacts.

• Go with 2h or S&B runie. Without artefacts, tankiness will help you a lot so you die less, hit bigger mobs, earn xp quicker. 

Cyrene has lots of dragons. As a runie you are tank enough to join their hunts, that shoots you up very quickly too. 
  • If you don't like runewarden, I'd suggest bard. Bard needs artefacts to be really amazing, but it's still better than most classes unartied.
  • I find bashing as 2H Runie a chore simply because of the slow balance. But I am used to a 1.9 balance time as Jester. Being off balance longer makes it harder to flee it you are in trouble. Saying that, Rune on demand, runed weapons and armour, heavy hitting weapons and battlerage which can heal.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    I find bashing as 2H Runie a chore simply because of the slow balance. But I am used to a 1.9 balance time as Jester. Being off balance longer makes it harder to flee it you are in trouble. Saying that, Rune on demand, runed weapons and armour, heavy hitting weapons and battlerage which can heal.
    I actually prefer 2H to SnB because the balance may be slow but you rip threw mobs like butter.  3 second balance isn't too awful, but can get you in a jam when needing to flee.  Battlerage ability that heals?  Which one you talking about?
  • Yeah I don't suggest unartied magi at all. I had to use Dragonknight as my living defense artifact and I still went splat plenty. If you want int for damage you just won't tank well. There are better classes.

• Citrus said:
    Sobriquet said:
    I find bashing as 2H Runie a chore simply because of the slow balance. But I am used to a 1.9 balance time as Jester. Being off balance longer makes it harder to flee it you are in trouble. Saying that, Rune on demand, runed weapons and armour, heavy hitting weapons and battlerage which can heal.
    I actually prefer 2H to SnB because the balance may be slow but you rip threw mobs like butter.  3 second balance isn't too awful, but can get you in a jam when needing to flee.  Battlerage ability that heals?  Which one you talking about?

Ignore me, brain fart. I was thinking Bulwark but that gives you damage protection for a period of time, not healing.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Citrus said:
    Sobriquet said:

Ignore me, brain fart. I was thinking Bulwark but that gives you damage protection for a period of time, not healing.
    Ahh ok!  For a second there I was like "shit have I been not using an ability I have this whole time?!"
  • Right now I am a Horkval Bard, it's decent so far but I am not even level 25 yet. Only downside is that I am missing a ton - should get better with more Swashbuckling.

So the top contenders for unarti'd dragon are Runewarden(2h or SnB) >  Sylvan/Sentinel > Bard > rest of them?
  • edited February 2016
    I'd put priest above bard, at least. The other knight classes are about equal or slightly worse than runewarden, too.
  • - SnB, when the day comes that I wish to join in on Combat how difficult would it be to manage all of it's attacks? From what I've studied on the specialization, you have two afflictions, one being a venom on your sword and the other coming from your shield(though they are limited). You will also have to manage limb damage and shieldstrikes. It seems like a lot, even more so to be handled by simple combo aliases/keys.

- Sylvan, I don't think i've seen this class in-game yet so if anyone could shed some light on how they hunt/how difficult is the combat to manage? Also, would Sylvan trump Sentinel or vice versa?

• edited February 2016
    Almost every class in Achaea does two things at once, at the least. Some classes don't, like cursing shaman, but instead they're doing things really really fast which is even harder to keep up with for the average person. Having to deliver two afflictions is pretty normal.

SnB is not particularly hard, and neither is Sylvan. It'll take a bit to learn how to prep limbs, but that's about it. Both are tanky and mildly to very difficult to hinder. Sylvan has a lower skill floor, though, probably.
  • I've been bashing as a Sentinel after creating my character yesterday and I'm almost at level 60. This is con spec, with robust trait, nimble, unartied but with trans avoidance / skirmishing. I feel pretty tanky. Not sure whether that's quick or not but it definitely feels quick, so I'd definitely agree with anyone suggesting it. With artifacts I imagine it'll be amazing.
  • I highly suggest Sylvan. Not only is it a great basher, but it's also a Grove class, which means it has utility coming out of its ears. Grove rain, hive, return, gate, resurrection, to name a few.
  • edited February 2016
    I would say paladin is better than runewarden. You get the +2 strength buff from inspiration, and toughness from bliss PLUS you can still get runes for the benefit from those. Weapon runes don't actually help anymore, they give buffs to combat, but not hunting afaik. You also have a battlerage skill which does give you back health when you get damaged.

EDIT: Also, hands and rite of healing/revit.
  • Matias said:
    I would say paladin is better than runewarden. You get the +2 strength buff from inspiration, and toughness from bliss PLUS you can still get runes for the benefit from those. Weapon runes don't actually help anymore, they give buffs to combat, but not hunting afaik. You also have a battlerage skill which does give you back health when you get damaged.

EDIT: Also, hands and rite of healing/revit.
    Earthshield too.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Paladin (or infernal) with runes is better than runewarden, but people tend to greatly underestimate the impact of being able to easily have runes at all times, it makes a pretty big difference. It won't matter as much (though it's still very convenient) if you're a more casual hunter and bash for only an hour or less at a time, but I'd prefer runewarden over paladin to hunt for several hours.
  • You could always hook up and follow me about too!  :) You might die a ton but sure, I'd love to help out.
  • I managed to keep my time outside of the room at a minimum when paladin by using hands, step outside, one round of hands (1200h) sip, potash, and I was usually back up high enough to get back in and fight. Even as a dragon, when I do have to leave a room, it is usually for much longer because of the lack of hands.

Essentially, hands are amazing.

• Matias said:
    I managed to keep my time outside of the room at a minimum when paladin by using hands, step outside, one round of hands (1200h) sip, potash, and I was usually back up high enough to get back in and fight. Even as a dragon, when I do have to leave a room, it is usually for much longer because of the lack of hands.

Essentially, hands are amazing.

Worrystone. Less guaranteed, though heals for more I think(33%)