Illustrated Dala'myrr

13»

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Looks tasty... >.>

One of those Dala'myrr attacked us at the Crystal Leaf Inn while pouring over Apollonia's prophecies. Those things are FREAKY D: Artanis cracked me up once, sending a tell saying "I don't wanna be a worm!" ... those things seriously look like... worms. 

Very nice depiction, looks quite like I imagined :D
    "Sometimes... legends are true" 
  • I like the one with hands better...
  • Anyone have a description of a Dala'myrr?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • They look like Carmain minus thumbs.
  • ok, got it.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Tvistor said:
    They look like Carmain minus thumbs.
    I've been really afraid about the part of Carmain it is.
    Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last
  • While I can understand the reasons for not letting us play Dala'myrr, it makes me very sad. The idea of becoming a sandworm is so, so cool, even if it is just a mini-version. Please don't take them out completely when this is all over! There's plenty that could be done with them. For example, maybe we could have them burrow far underground and have some dwarves make excavation machines to explore underground areas where they have burrowed out vast caverns that we can use like an underground version of deepsea diving, or something! (Of course, I know you have the implications of this event well in hand and trust completely that you already know where you are going with this).

Also I kind of like the ones with forearms as well. Reminds me of the God Emperor, just with hands instead of the face (and face blinking).
  • Jurixe said:
    When I saw the above image, first thought was...

My first thought was the movie Dune, and is it just me that is really disturbed that this looks like a very very large male genitalia? and I let my kids watch this stuff? I feel like such a bad parent.
  • Aodfionn said:

As a slightly off-topic note, does anyone else think the pictures of the Dala'myrr look like the sandworms from the Dune books had a steampunk baby?

I have no idea where you're getting steampunk outta that.
  • @Delphinus Probably because of the armor plating. Not to mention that, on closer look of the image, they do kinda look machine-like.

• ew ew ew! Someone step on it!

But poor poor Pantheon and Dragons, Achaea's future is looking pretty grim right about now
  • Would love to see an illustrated Ormyrr.

• Like Carmain plus thumbs.