If an enemy dropped gold while raiding, and it was their own fault, would you return it?

2»

Comments

• Peak said:
    The polled instance has not ever happened to me, as far as I'm aware. 

Asmodron is the only one that can say I have done it, and I would love for him to tell you how broken up he is over 95 gold.

@Peak

You fiend! How will I feed my poor starving cultists tonight???
  • Austere said:
    I just send it back, and try to avoid any ic conversation about it.  It feels like a very real breach of rp for me, and I am fine with that considering what is at stake, just don't waste my time with some sudo ic request for it if I don't notice.  A message is fine. 
    There's always 'I don't want your filthy gold, heathen. I'd throw it in the ocean but I don't want to kill the fish.'
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    If its a small amount like <50k I will most likely keep it. But I've returned larger amounts (>100k) to a few people. I mean imagine if someone dropped like a million gold, you'd have to be pretty calloused not to return it. They could've spent IRL money on credits and sold them IG for that gold, y'know?

• If I can figure out who dropped it (and I've gone to some lengths) I'll give it back. If it makes no RP sense, I'll do it anonymously.

I'm poor enough IC that I know how much dropping relatively large sums of gold can bum you out OOCly.

That being said, if someone's an ass about it... I'd probably charge a finders fee relatively to the size of your pillockery (which has never happened).
  • Always try to give it back. Commodities too. 

That's more than just an IG currency/good, it's a direct reflection of peoples time put into the game.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I recall some raiders being likened to a pinata, because they'd raid with so much wealth out.

I don't raid, but sometimes I get killed; sometimes I have stuff that drops that may be gold.

Sometimes, this gold gets back to me. I remember these things. Whichever way you treat me, I will try to treat you the same, in the context of dropped gold, herbs, etc.. What everyone /else/ may see is me scavenging whatever's dropped. But if you've ever gotten a message from me that I got your stuff, whether it was one or two stray riftables or more, then you know.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • This thread is because I dropped some large amount of gold in Ashtan isn't it.
  • Austere said:
    I just send it back, and try to avoid any ic conversation about it.  It feels like a very real breach of rp for me, and I am fine with that considering what is at stake, just don't waste my time with some pseudo ic request for it if I don't notice.  A message is fine. 
    sudo apt-get achaeaGoldFoundReturnTracker :P
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • I don't understand how people drop massive amounts of gold when raiding though! Maybe it's because I don't raid. I can understand dropping massive amounts of comms because your rift is limited - but even then wouldn't dropping it off in a safe place make more sense before you make the decision to raid? I feel like I'm carrying a loaded bomb anytime I have tons of gold/comms out and want to put it away or drop it on a ship ASAP. Obvs to some degree I get it on the side of the defense but even then...I thought at the very least putting one's gold away, perhaps even reflexively, was like newbie 101.
  • I don't think I'd notice if I dropped all my gold... I'd think I spent out while drunk or something

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    For anyone but @Xuaco. Pretty sure he's stolen enough gold from me to fund an army.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Depends on who it is.

• Ahmet said:
    For anyone but @Xuaco. Pretty sure he's stolen enough gold from me to fund an army.
    Death by a thousand cuts. Each cut unfortunately costs 5000 gold
  • edited January 2016
    Ahmet said:
    Bo's favourite son. :) You'd think he'd hit her up for his allowance more often.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    In Imperian, if you die you don't drop your gold, so it's a moot point there.  :p
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Always return it. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • For me, it's a bit like what do you do if someone steals from your organization. I know, I know - Not a perfect analogy. But they have something that doesn't belong to them and that someone else wants, so there. Some people would jump straight to murdering them until they give it back. Other people would just ruin them socially in-game. I'd probably roleplay with them because all the gold in the world doesn't make an evening in Achaea go by any faster when no one will talk to you and you're trying to avoid constant death. This is a game after all! Roleplay it out, Peak! P.s. The roleplay doesn't have to result in you giving them back a sovereign either. 
  • I would look at the average cred it price on the market, and then look up how much real life money I would be pocketing. If it was more than 10=20 dollars, I would more than likely return the gold. If it is less than that, it would depend more on my mood and how they asked Razzlo. Demanding something of me or feeling entitled to something usually does not garner favor with me as a player.

Yes I know that this is metagaming...and that might be an issue. Razzlo is not greedy by any means which would help in giving gold back RPwise, but I have had characters that are extremely greedy...but something about pocketing the equivalent to 20 dollars of someone else's money squicks me out. 

Might be an RP lapse on my part, but at some point we have to realize we are a community.
  • I may not be someone who gets involved with PVP.  However if I find someones gold, I will wait to see if they ask about it (or look through deathsight and try to figure out who dropped it, etc).

IC, and OOC, I'm not a dick.  I accidentally sold 100~ credits for 3k each on market due to fat-fingers and didn't get compensated for it by the person who bought it.  Nor do I expect to.  I will be a decent person if someone does the same thing though, because losing that much money hurt and actually made me want to quit (again).
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Taraus said:
    Curious why "It depends on who THEY are" isn't an option here, because I feel like that, more than anything else, would influence things.
    I feel the same but I can see where it fits under their attitude.