2015 has been a massive year, with a huge number of developments and new features added to Achaea! Here are just some of the changes:
- TRADESKILLS split from class skills, allowing all adventurers to follow their mercantile and crafting dreams! Want to be a Bard that likes to forge masterful weapons? No problem! Nine of our classes also received entirely new skills to complement their arsenals.
- BATTLERAGE was released! Adding a new dimension to hunting, adventurers now gain rage as they attack, which can then be focused into more powerful attacks to damage and afflict their prey.
- Players can now take advantage of our new MINING system! Seek out nodes, build a mine, and stock it with denizen legions to protect it! This isn't just a static resource system, though... other adventurers can attack your mines and take them over!
- Each city in Achaea was transformed by a RENAISSANCE over the past year, bringing about new roleplay-focused houses! Intimately linked to each city, these organisations are no longer restricted in which classes they accept, bringing a new level of depth to the roleplay environment.
- MULTICLASS was implemented! Imagine yourself slaying monsters as a steadfast Paladin, then sheathing your swords and pummelling your foes with your fists moments later as a Monk! It's now possible!
- We're in the middle of a massive overhaul to SHIPS AND SEAFARING! We've improved many aspects of the system, including sailing through chops, ship weapons and ammunition, with more to come!
- -Literally- thousands of small tweaks have been made over the year, including many hundreds of player-submitted ideas! The team and I have been devoting one day per week just to work on ideas and system improvements, which will continue into 2016!
Speaking of 2016, there are some awesome new things on the cards for the new year!
- Big upheavals and the return of ancient enemies will set events into motion, leading to massive changes across the Achaean landscape.
- New conflict systems will be introduced, ranging from small, interpersonal clashes to large-scale battles, where houses and cities can wage war against one another, all with valuable resources at stake!
- The ships and seafaring overhaul will continue to be a focus, adding in more participatory activities on the high seas, as well as continuing to refine and enhance all aspects of owning and operating a ship.
- A new class is in the design stages! We're looking forward to bringing you a fresh new addition to the available player professions!
- The events in the new player introduction will be brought to a greater prominence throughout 2016, with the storyline continuing as adventurers progress through the levels and discover what drives the nefarious cultists kidnapping Achaea's young!
- Building on the introduction of Battlerage, hunting, questing, and all aspects of PvE will continue to evolve, bringing new challenges and excitement to this arena! Discover new areas, unveil nefarious plots, and send those responsible to the Halls of the Endbringer.