Is this what PvP has devolved into?

2»

Comments

• Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • 100% outplayed, git gud.  =)

• _ l2fly
  • Was indoors, pleb. Know your surroundings.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Hugalaz hurts. It took about 35% off my artied health. 

I need galvanism? and resistance rings.
  • edited January 2016
    why would you need electric resistance for cold damage?
    Do you mean Frost?

• Cynlael said:
    why would you need electric resistance for cold damage?
    Do you mean Frost?
    I didn't know, now I know it's cold.
  • edited January 2016
    You know, I've never actually paid attention to it, and noticed the 'crack of thunder' line. :p

But yeah, is cold. That second line is the damage part.

• They're also "small, acidic hailstones". Hugalaz (runeblade) was originally poison damage, I believe. Are you sure that the runeblade damage and the ground rune damage are the same type now?
  • edited January 2016
    Iirc it was never poison damage it was just misinterpreted as such commonly on forums

Edit: since everyone was eager for something that could kill horkvals
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    It wasn't poison damage when it came out, (double hugalaz would have one-shotted Horkvals) but I don't think it was cold damage either. (or it would have one-shotted Xorans) I'm pretty sure it was acid damage (so no one was strong or weak against it) until some time recently. If it's cold damage now, that's kinda new and I don't know when it happened, because I specifically remember the Wardens house being confused by the fact that Hugalaz had two different damage types depending on how you used it. (The combat savvy understood, but it was kinda unintuitive)

If somehow we've all been confused for the last 8 years and it's always been cold damage, I don't know why Someone would confuse the issue by putting "acidic" in there. Especially when the Hugalaz ground effect doesn't have that adjective, and when damage type is already obscure enough without misleading messages. If I think about it, damage type would be some nice info in the AB files of relevant abilities. It's kinda weird that we, as characters, can't seem to tell the difference between hot, cold, and blunt force trauma without extensive testing.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Runeblade hugalaz was originally blunt, same as ground hugalaz/hailstorm. They were all later changed to cold, but ground hugalaz/hailstorm were still blunt for a long time after that (I don't know if it's actually been fixed yet, it's possible they're still blunt; runeblade hugalaz was properly cold damage last time I checked).
  • That's the kinda reaction I got from this Airius guy earlier. No role play at all went straight to attacking me with insults in an ooc manner. An what truly pissed me off is he lied to his city about what happened. I don't steal often cause I find it boring and I definitely don't steal from people just starting the game basically. Not sure what I did to get so much hate
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • edited February 2016
    I haven't played in years but to me the bottle neck appeared to be in how locking works... giving 2 afflictions every 2 seconds could be 3 afflictions every 3 or even 4 afflictions every 4 without too many changes to the game, if locks worked differently.

And depending on how afflictions are generated, one line of text could theoretically indicate two (or even more) afflictions.

Since you never try to lock without a stack of some kind, back in the day, the locking afflictions could in theory be connected directly to the end of a stack, which would allow them to stop being unique afflictions, which should allow afflictions to be combined together and slowed down without changing too many things fundamentally.
    Murad exclaims, "I give you Questing Cats!"
  • This is the kinda scrote who just shouldn't be allowed other human interaction at all.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Lol the kid has balls to talk to Jarrel that way
  • Too many necromancers on forums.

• Mako said:
    Lol the kid has balls to talk to Jarrel that way
    That "kid" was destroying pk in Achaea for years Jarrel even knew how to dstab and was the hands down best pker of his era.

• Cooper said:
    Mako said:
    Lol the kid has balls to talk to Jarrel that way
    That "kid" was destroying pk in Achaea for years Jarrel even knew how to dstab and was the hands down best pker of his era.
    I think he was referring to the Dajio alt
  • Oh. I figured he was replying to the last post, not the already necro'd one. 

• edited August 2016
    Edited edit: Good God, I need to check dates before I post in the future. This thread has been dead for a while now.
    I don't like long goodbyes.
  • Dajio is gone for good
  • Aegoth said:
    Dajio is gone for good
    That's what we thought the last time too!