AA - Achaeans Australia

Comments

• I roadtripped on a budget for 2 weeks down the west coast from Perth to Adelaide during Aussie winter 2012.

If I were to try and finish the whole coast in December(summer) via living in a tent and car again, is the likelihood of me encountering death by bogan/snake/spider/dehydration/heat significantly higher?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • If I were to try and finish the whole coast in December(summer) via living in a tent and car again, is the likelihood of me encountering death by bogan/snake/spider/dehydration/heat significantly higher?
    Yes.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• So much yes.
  • Should I bring a spare helmet on my motorbike? Hmm
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    I should hopefully be around Sunday Afternoon/Evening or Monday!
  • Some stuff came up so I won't be able to attend,  have a great time though! 
  • Not a problem and thanks for the heads up!
  • Some pictures from my road trip in 2012, I really miss Australia :anguished: Living like a homeless person in a car really builds character along with getting sunburnt during the day and freezing to death during the night.

http://imgur.com/a/eoO6z

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Is the plan Tahquil posted on page 2 still current?    I don't think I can make it for the whole long weekend (should probably see family if I'm in town), but keen to see which bits I can make it for.  A.K.A:  When is the Achaean Cards Against Humanity game?
  • Hopefully surgery today, means I can fly on friday. I told them I'd rather risk appendix rupture than miss the meet because "u guiz"
  • It was a tentative schedule but I didn't get much feedback on it.

cards against humAnity can happen anytime, but most likely Saturday or Sunday night.
  • edited April 2016
    Minifie said:
    Hopefully surgery today, means I can fly on friday. I told them I'd rather risk appendix rupture than miss the meet because "u guiz"
    When I had my appendix out they wouldn't discharge me for a week and a hAlf after surgery due to the gut paralysis not wearing off. I wasn't allowed to eat/ingest anything until I could fart.

I've never been so happy to fart. That mouthful of watered down milo the nurses begrudgingly gave me tasted so good.
  • Tahquil said:
    Minifie said:
    Hopefully surgery today, means I can fly on friday. I told them I'd rather risk appendix rupture than miss the meet because "u guiz"
    When I had my appendix out they wouldn't discharge me for a week and a hAlf after surgery due to the gut paralysis not wearing off. I wasn't allowed to eat/ingest anything until I could fart.

I've never been so happy to fart. That mouthful of watered down milo the nurses begrudgingly gave me tasted so good.
    Well since they think they have it real early with no complications I could be out of here on thursday :).

I'm in trouble from the Mrs though, she was really looking forward to the trip
  • Hopefully! Granted I think the train of thought of my surgeon was 'okay, let's see... OMG!!!' -hurried slashing-

We can compare scars!
  • Tahquil said:
    Hopefully! Granted I think the train of thought of my surgeon was 'okay, let's see... OMG!!!' -hurried slashing-

We can compare scars!
    Battle scars! Can we make up stories as to how we got them too?
  • edited April 2016
    I am jealous, and will need to get a passport before another meet is organised. NZ to Aus is pretty cheap for flights.

• Yes we can.

Yes you do.
  • I was late in booking at Moorings because I wasn't sure what all was happening with work and now the Saturday is all booked out :(

Time to crash with someone else?
  • I have no idea how many couches I will have. But Juk, you could try a hotel nearby?
  • I'll be checking to the vibe around 11pm on Friday, so probably see people Saturday.

Pictures of the room show a couch that someone can borrow if they need it, though I won't know for sure until Friday night if there is actually one in the room.

• Just had a look at the Vibe. Block away from Cavill so I might book there also.
  • We need to find many, many, many blank cards against humanity cards.
  • "After a long bashing trip, Sarathai likes nothing better than to put his feet up and enjoy __________________"

• @Minifie : How are you feeling? Less sore and appendix-y?
  • Tahquil said:
    @Minifie : How are you feeling? Less sore and appendix-y?
    Funny bone is 100% operational, Appendix has been removed to allow more room for booze.

Also oh my lord my tummy hurts so much!
  • Allowed to eat yet?
  • Tahquil said:
    Allowed to eat yet?
    I've eaten too much today. Been discharged and comfortably at home. I think they got it early and I was pretty much spending yesterday doing what they asked me to do over a few days so I could be out and be able to fly up this weekend
  • ... I hate you.
  • Okay, room booked! What time on Saturday to begin shenaniganising?
  • When I drag myself out of bed. and organise stuff.