Blade and Soul

Blade and Soul is finally getting a North American server, and it's opening on January 19th. If you don't know the game, it's a Japanese MMO that's extremely popular in Asian counties, and has a solid NA/EU following as well. It's a PvE and PvP game, it has lots of dungeons and a ranked 1v1 arena. It will be free to play when it comes out, and has been said that the cash shop will have no mechanical benefits at max level.

If you're interested in trying the game out, a Closed Beta weekend  is opening up today, there are currently 5,000 keys available from Alienware here:

https://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/blade-soul-closed-beta-3-key-giveaway

That will likely be out within an hour or two of this post though.
Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I watched the anime. There were ladies with enormous hooters. Will I too be able to play a lady with enormous hooters on this?

• Skye said:
    I watched the anime. There were ladies with enormous hooters. Will I too be able to play a lady with enormous hooters on this?
    Asking the important questions...
  • Skye said:
    I GIS'd the game and that was the general gist of the results.
  • Skye said:
    Yes.

• I believe it's Korean, actually. The Japanese anime was a tv adaptation. 

• Tibitha said:
    Skye said:
    Yes.

Ah yes, the full body armour brazier. No sword shall touch.
  • Game looks kinda neat, I'm not personally a fan of the combat style for an MMO - it is super fun running around really fast/jumping all over the place, but any instant of lag makes things super noticeable. Also I have no idea what my skills do, the tutorial is a little lacking/doesn't exist (though that might be a cultural thing). It is far from a bad game, but probably not one I'd play.
  • Yeah, the only tutorial  bit is in some quests as you progress. You can hit 'K' to pull up a list of all your skills. Once you finish the first Act chapter 17 main story quest, you start getting skill points as you level, which let you really customize what you're going to be doing. You can see more specifics there as well, range, pre-reqs, effects, etc. Skill points are where you really start customizing, as some skills have alternate forms you can unlock through points that has totally different effects.

The combat is very fast paced, and it's very much a game where lag can really ruin you. <50ms is the general recommendation to PvP with, the pros in Korea generally have <5ms to the server.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Welp... I guess I'm not playing it then :anguished: