What abilities from your class do you find it hard to live without? Why?

What are the things about your class that you find yourself relying on almost daily or that you just enjoy your so much it is hard for you to imagine your achaean experience without it/them?  I ask because I am trying to pick a class and looking for ideas, but I think the discussion is also interesting.

Comments

• Worm warp, dash, phase, yank, climb tree, eavesdrop. Plus sooo many more as serpent.

One of the strongest appeals to the class is the multiple weapons we switch to during combat. Makes me enjoy a myriad of weapon customizations, sheathes types, and emotes! 
    Walking around all day with one stick (staff) would definitely feel strange to me. 

• Having switched from dual cutting to sword and shield Paladin, I find myself missing lunge. When I'm Bard, I miss Hands occasionally and the added level of safety Fitness provides against affliction classes.

• Universe tarot.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Bows (That can actually land a hit), Phase for exploring, Dash (especially in the wilderness), Wormholes, Evade. The speed, hunting!

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Angel Seek. Absolve. ;) Everything that heals and makes priests so tanky.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Through my grand tour of the other (lesser) Knight specs, nothing they had filled the void that Lunge left behind. As a Runewarden, I take Raido for granted and frequently look like a jackass trying to Raido as Dragon or what have you. Algiz is also pretty spoiling; there are plenty of times where I've been dead-to-rights, but Algiz bails me out by the skin of my teeth.

I also frequently miss Hands, Force, and Purity from Paladin.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Chaosrays for the ritual uses.
  • AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited October 2015
    I love runewarden's utility, there is SO MUCH you can do with it. My favorite abilities are defend (allows you to take hits for someone else, EXTREMELY useful when hunting in pairs/groups), weathering (+1 con), hunting runes, runicarmour, runeblades, falcon deliver (falcons in general are fairly awesome, that's just the ability I use most), and bowmanship. Plus hunting skills. I miss sword and board slice/smash combo, I've switched to two-hander which is slower and can't use SoA but still fairly fun to hunt with in lesserform. Defend is probably my single most favorite runewarden ability, though, it makes group hunting so much more fun and effective (and is one of those skills that really fits runewarden RP well).

Oh yeah and raido. I love raido but I keep forgetting to reset it when I change class :(:(:( I am one of those who frequently looks like an ass for trying to raido in dragon/jester or having forgotten to re-ink the damn thing. Mostly I love raido because mine's at Shadya and I get to come home to her.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Devo rezz.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I feel incomplete when I don't have Metamorphosis Track.

Oh, also Metamorphosis Track, and Metamorphosis Track.
  • Oh and with dragon, track, piercing the veil, veildeliver, fly (traded in my ring of flying when I got dragon). 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Man I miss seek like a fat kid misses sweets. I loved angel seek. I have no idea why apostates don't have something similar. Classleads here I come.

While I don't need it now, I used to live on the rite that stops hunger/sleepiness for like, six or seven OOC years.

Tracing people. Love it.

For Sylvan, I really loved lightning and the ... slash? ability. The one that cuts the throat. Killed soooo many people with that, since it scales with int. Yum. Also illusion. Also just loved groves wholly in general, and I do miss them.

Nowadays I love using taint (got 15 kills in a defense once with it), gravehands (and transverse <3), used to love soulspear before the nerf (rip), lifevision (oh my god how did I ever live without this), soulcage.

Looking forward to what I discover with magi. I am sure I will love having illusion again, at the least.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    @Melodie didn't you have illusion with dragon? I think we get that don't we?

Also apostate doesn't have a seek equivalent? Lame.
  • SethSeth North Carolina
    edited October 2015
    Melodie said:
    Man I miss seek like a fat kid misses sweets. I loved angel seek. I have no idea why apostates don't have something similar. Classleads here I come.

While I don't need it now, I used to live on the rite that stops hunger/sleepiness for like, six or seven OOC years.

Tracing people. Love it.

For Sylvan, I really loved lightning and the ... slash? ability. The one that cuts the throat. Killed soooo many people with that, since it scales with int. Yum. Also illusion. Also just loved groves wholly in general, and I do miss them.

Nowadays I love using taint (got 15 kills in a defense once with it), gravehands (and transverse <3), used to love soulspear before the nerf (rip), lifevision (oh my god how did I ever live without this), soulcage.

Looking forward to what I discover with magi. I am sure I will love having illusion again, at the least.
    That is Lacerate.

Grove Lightning and Grove return for me. Grove hive as well. Who doesn't like free lessons everyday and resource reset. Made getting Dragon easier.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Kasya said:

Yeah but ... it means being in dragon. Lame. Laaaame.

Also yes, having no seek-like ability as apostate is even lamer.

LAME.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AitoxAitox South Africa
    Warp warp for mobility. And you can actually choose new location to splice wormholes, so you're not tied down to per-existing routes. Then phase, for almost boundless exploration.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    mindnet as monk, track as dragon, destabilise as magi
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Melodie said:
    Kasya said:

Yeah but ... it means being in dragon. Lame. Laaaame.

Also yes, having no seek-like ability as apostate is even lamer.

LAME.
    But but... dragon is veil glance and veil deliver and gare, and track and a voice that always makes you seem cold and distant or angry, or way too fucking calm.
  • Defend. If I didn't have it, I'd go crazy (and Recovery, in Battlerage).

Deliver is nice, so is Resurrect. But the best thing by far is Bloodsworn. <3 Bloodsworn.
  • Aereidhna said:

Oh yeah and raido. I love raido but I keep forgetting to reset it when I change class :(:(:( I am one of those who frequently looks like an ass for trying to raido in dragon/jester or having forgotten to re-ink the damn thing. Mostly I love raido because mine's at Shadya and I get to come home to her.
    D: wat? I've changed class before and my raido was always there, but with multiclass, it poofs? Can we get a fix on that please, @Tecton? @Sarapis? @Makarios?
    meh

• Trilliana said:
    Aereidhna said:

D: wat? I've changed class before and my raido was always there, but with multiclass, it poofs? Can we get a fix on that please, @Tecton? @Sarapis? @Makarios?
    @Trilliana : Yeah, Trilli, a lot of people aren't happy with Runelore being affected by multiclass. Runeblades, for example, used to last 30 rl days, but now the classchange removes the Runeblade effect. As I recall, the staff said it is the intended effect, and for that reason I doubt it'll be changed. :(
  • edited October 2015
    It used to not remove the effects, just make them hide, until someone who had two Knight classes said they were unhappy about being unable to use their artie weapons in infernal/runie. Now we're all stuck with the downside. 

• Waking Echo 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Mindnet, fullsense, and splitmind
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • The Occultist class is really excellent in terms of utility, especially when it comes to travel:

• Universe (Tarot) - throw a card down, a shimmering map of Sapience appears, touch one of maybe 10 locations to move yourself and those following you there. Basically wings without clouds.
    • Pathfinder (Istria in Domination) - find somewhere you want to go back to, summon Istria, go about your business, and order pathfinder home to get back there.
    • Hermit (Tarot) - same as above, but the location you want to go back to can't have people in it when you fling it. Loses followers.
    • Chariot (Tarot) - flying steed, good for newbies/lowbies.
    • Chimera (Buul in Domination) - flying steed for higher ups (needs more lessons).
    • Xenophage (Domination) - immediate access to Chaos Plane
    • Astralform (Occultism) - equivalent of blackwind (I think?), go incorporeal, pass through walls adventurers put down (e.g. icewalls?), can't be 'phased' out with an eye sigil like serpents can.
    • Lust/Empress (Tarot) - this is more for others, but can instantly summon an adventurer to you (or you be summoned to them) which can help in getting out of tricky situations.
    Less travel-focused, but still great for various buffs:

• Astralvision (Occultism) - gives the deathsight and lifevision defences, letting you see shrouded (hidden?) people
    • Heartstone/Simulacrum (Occultist) - other than looking badass as a prop, helps absorb damage to mana/health which gives extra buff when hunting.
    • Readaura (Occultism) - I used this less often, and usually only during novice tests, but lets you see what defences someone else has, and gives a count of how many mental or physical afflictions they've been stacking.
    • Transmogrification (Occultism) - can be activated once every 3-9 hours, means that next time you die you actually mutate into a chaos lord and sport a number of beneficial (or not) mutations. Stuff like +3 int on a good day, and slower eqbal regen on a bad day.

I recently quit the class and trying to find another that offers similar/better in comparison is proving a little tricky.
  • Nothing compares to occultist for utility except the grove/meta classes, really.
  • Alchemist doesn't really have any amazing utility, there's not anything in particular I'd miss if I changed class, except maybe being able to summon and customise robes.

Things I really miss from classes I've played before are raido, vodun travel, vodun summon, and vodun listen for shaman (though they don't have raido anymore); angel seek and mindread for priest; phase, evade, and warp for serpent.
  • Druid:

Track, Harmony, Grove Return.

Dragon:

Gare, Gare, Gare, Gare, Track, Gare, Gare.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I miss evade and dash from serpent - especially around gravehands.  I never used warp much, except for a couple that I memorised.  I stopped trusting the mapper's use of wormholes after someone changed a Thera one to point to a Mhaldor guard stack.

I occasionally use etherchannel in Alchemy (but only over long distances, because it has a huge channel time), and transfuse is quite helpful.  I feel as though homunculus eyes and ears would be of more use if it weren't so painfully obvious whose homunculus it is.  I'd love to send it to spy in Mhaldor or Ashtan, but I'm not sure "a diminutive homunculus resembling Adet" would really bend in.