Sylvan + Tsol'aa traits

LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
Hello!

I'm just returning, so I'm a bit flummoxed on what traits to choose. This is what I had before:

Racial:   Forest Walker
Level 20: Quick-witted            
Level 30: Master harvester        
Level 40: Marksman                
Level 50: Receptive body          
Level 60: Master contemplator     
Level 70: Blissful ignorance      
Level 80: Lethal Ink              
Level 90: Meticulous Care     

I'm looking to probably remove Lethal Ink -- losing speed on shield and tree seems bad. Marksman was there because I have a ranger's bow.

Best Answer

Answers

• Are you looking at primarily combat, bashing, or a mixture of both?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Sarathai said:
    Are you looking at primarily combat, bashing, or a mixture of both?
    Good question. Could I have both possibilities? I'd like to do both (i.e. I don't want to exclude myself from either one)
  • edited August 2015
    Racial:   Forest Walker
    Level 20: Quick-witted             
    Level 30: Meticulous Care          
    Level 40: Master Harvester            
    Level 50: Brilliance               
    Level 60: Master contemplator      
    Level 70: Blissful ignorance       
    Level 80: Lucky                    
    Level 90: Marksman 

Basically what you already have.

Drop brilliance for robust if you want more health, I imagine you wouldn't need it since Sylvan gives you enough of an hp bonus + tankiness. Lethal ink's not really necessary for a Sylvan.

• LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Thanks for the input! Good to know I'm on the right track. My final question is basically the usefulness of extra health sip versus one more intelligence. It's 5% sip versus 200ish HP or ?? more damage. Basically it's just that one trait I'm not so sure of. I kind of want to keep sip because of the loss of the concoctions bonus. 

Sip is more globally useful, but if intelligence adds enough more damage, maybe it's effective to kill a thing rather than sipping more. And maybe the difference is negligible and I'm obsessing for no reason!
  • edited August 2015
    Con is pretty much always better than the sip bonus. Against denizens (and PvP attacks that don't scale with max health), +1 con will increase your health sip by more than 5% anyways. Against most PvP attacks, the sip bonus will give a slightly better sip:damage ratio (because it doesn't increase your sip as much, but doesn't increase the damage you take either), but the extra health from con usually makes up for that.

The only time the sip bonus is better is against attacks that are almost purely based on max health (like kai choke, disembowel, backstab against high max health), where +1 con hurts you, and it would actually be beneficial to have -1 con instead.
  • SethSeth North Carolina
    To be honest I would also drop Marksman unless it is more of an RP flavor. Sylvan has grove lightning which is the better LoS.