Client suggestions?

cMUD is dead. So dead. It... yeah, it's dead. I've been forcing it to work against its will for quite a while now.

Scared. :( I had customised so much of achaea that I don't think I will recognise it the way it was intended.

Client shopping now. Suggestions welcome, though if anybody has a defibrillator that will make cMUD work in windows 10...

:cry:

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Cant you run it in compatibility mode for xp? Or is that not a thing anymore?

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I think >90% of players are using either Mudlet or Nexus.

Out of curiosity, what's preventing it from working in Windows 10?
  • I probably made more problems for myself than I had to.
    Reinstalled twice. Restarted laptop. Panicked. Decided to go client shopping. Posted here. Forgot to set compatibility (thanks) then fought with sessions until I managed to convince it not to run the real session in a hidden window (wtf) and run my settings simultaneously without deciding not to connect for no apparent reason. It was like... I could create a session and connect to achaea, but no settings. I could create a session with my settings but then not connect to achaea (no idea why). I could create a session with my settings and connect to achaea but without a command line in the visible window, then find a hidden window that did have a command line but was not dockable. I could create a session with my settings and have it connect to two docked windows simultaneously, but if I closed one then cmud crashed. This was probably progress, even if it gave me a wicked headache.

I eventually wound up loading both sessions simultaneously and c&ping the old settings into the new window, then deleting the old one. Don't ask me how I got there. I think a metaphorical hammer was involved.

Yay it works.

Holy crap, cMUD, please never break again.