Throwing Daggers

Artefact Daggers that returns to your inventory when thrown. 

Or add a "Return" upgrade option for any weapon to return to inventory when thrown at an adventurer.

It will help Jesters manage daggers easier...?

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    edited July 2015
    @Dochitha currently the only artefact weapon that returns to your inventory instantly upon being thrown is Javelins.

Could always IDEA for this to change

though it's been asked before, and shot down for balancing reasons
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

@Daeir axes are only returning for sentinels. Not for other classes. If another class throws an artefact weapon (that is not a javelin) it simply falls to the ground to return on the normal artefact reset pattern.

• edited July 2015
    I've seen it denied before, but never had the foggiest idea as to why. I can't see any balance implications unless you assume that jesters are running around with far fewer daggers than they need.

Also, it seems pretty different to being able to hit dstab cap at 16 dex with Thoth's. That gives you an actual mechanical advantage - you can hit the same speed cap while spending stat points in more useful stats (even ignoring that the speed cap for thoth's is even lower than the normal cap - unless that's changed). Returning daggers offer no advantage other than that you don't have to remember to buy and carry a bunch daggers.

It would be pretty lame if they were full-artefact-weapon price each too. Honestly, it would probably be most sensible for it to be "one artefact" that comes with three daggers as a class artefact for jesters rather than as a normal artefact weapon - and priced accordingly.

Or even play into the jester class - an artefact that lets jesters balancelessly wish for throwing daggers that disappear after being thrown.
    note that it was probably shut down because of the concept of using envenomed instant-returning daggers/axes as a magi inside retardation. Since throwing weapons ignores rebounding while still delivering the venoms.

• All the more reason to make it a class artefact!
  • If that's the only balance issue, the returning could simply not work in retardation, so the dagger would end up on the ground as usual. Then it wouldn't need to be class-specific, and I could get one (a non-returning artefact dagger is on my list of things to get when I can finally stop saving up for multiclass; assuming they'll still make artefact versions of any weapon now that artefact weapons are strictly superior to forged).

Also, if the bug with returning items remaining juggled when they return (which means you only have to juggle one dagger and aren't limited to 3 throws) hasn't been fixed yet, that would be a balance issue.
    @Sena that bug still exists with javelins, yes

• Maybe if they attached some sort of returning device to the daggers, like a rope.

Rope daggers. That's a good classlead idea.

• there are easy ways to manage daggers, though artie daggers would be nice but I can't see them making them any quicker - dagger throw from juggled is already insane.
  • Seftin said:
    there are easy ways to manage daggers, though artie daggers would be nice but I can't see them making them any quicker - dagger throw from juggled is already insane.
    Yep, should not increase the speed, just to have a kit that make those daggers return to inventory upon throwing away.