Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Is Hashan Floating?

NoakNoak Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
How come there's no Hashan discussion yet? 
«1

Comments

  • NoakNoak Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    That sounds like it might be floating.
  • TvistorTvistor Member Posts: 2,895 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I came here to say 'No', thinking that floating must mean something other than literally floating, and this was a great opportunity to be deliberately obtuse.

    I don't know if I'm impressed or confused or disappointed now.
    PM me if you want to playtest a MUD.
    AdaeleSilvarienAziik
  • HellenHellen Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Well, it just says that the rock is solid under Hashan, and the Sunderlands themselves go around the city in a circle. We don't appear to be able to go under the city. itself. If it is floating, either it's floating really low or the devs haven't given us a way to go under the supposedly-floating city as of yet. :?.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,099 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I thought the sunderlands was the land under the city. At least thats what made sense to my sleep-deprived mind yesterday

    And you won't understand the cause of your grief...


    ...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

    Praxides
  • HellenHellen Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    It could be! Here's the other room descriptions for the Sunderlands:

    A barren wasteland.
    An unnatural, blue-tinged fog swirls around your feet. The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. Chunks of marble in various colours, fragments of statues broken by great force, litter the surroundings. Cliffs more than a hundred feet high enclose the Sunderlands, casting it in shadow for all but the middle hours of the day. The walls are riddled with cracks and crevices, some large enough to be caves, though darkness is all that can be seen. Broken slabs of rock jut upwards from the ground like spearheads, jabbing at the sky with their jagged tips, and deep cracks split the dry earth underfoot, a cold breeze drifting up through the caliginous openings. Small rocks and clumps of earth drift aimlessly through the air, suspended by some unseen power.

    Shadowed wasteland.
    An unnatural, blue-tinged fog swirls around your feet. The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. Chunks of marble in various colours, fragments of statues broken by great force, litter the surroundings. Cliffs more than a hundred feet high enclose the Sunderlands, the walls riddled with cracks and crevices, some large enough to be caves, though darkness is all that can be seen. Broken slabs of rock jut upwards from the ground like spearheads, jabbing at the sky with their jagged tips, and deep cracks split the dry earth underfoot, a cold breeze drifting up through the caliginous openings. Great masses of earth drift slowly overhead, suspended by some unseen power, forming a shifting path that crosses from one side to the other.


    The map is something like a circle. I can't say whether or not they're floating as there's no outright "Hashan is floating" anywhere, but if not being surrounded by a spectre-infested moat is pretty cool too.


    PraxidesAereidhna
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    basically, the land surrounding hashan collapsed forming the sunderlands, leaving a pedestal-esque structure on which the city proper rests (which is shown by the crevices in the sunderlands that are affixed to the sides of the foundation)
    The only thing I noticed floating about the structure were the various stones listed in the description, and the bridge connecting Porta Aquila to the north road.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

    Aereidhna
  • TaelTael Member Posts: 1,197 @ - Epic Achaean
    Hellen said:
    Well, it just says that the rock is solid under Hashan, and the Sunderlands themselves go around the city in a circle. We don't appear to be able to go under the city. itself. If it is floating, either it's floating really low or the devs haven't given us a way to go under the supposedly-floating city as of yet. :?.
    I really hope it's floating because I want so badly to be able to go under the city now. And maybe a secret entrance to the sewers or something? That would be so neat.
    PraxidesHellenAereidhna
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tael said:
    Hellen said:
    Well, it just says that the rock is solid under Hashan, and the Sunderlands themselves go around the city in a circle. We don't appear to be able to go under the city. itself. If it is floating, either it's floating really low or the devs haven't given us a way to go under the supposedly-floating city as of yet. :?.
    I really hope it's floating because I want so badly to be able to go under the city now. And maybe a secret entrance to the sewers or something? That would be so neat.
    I'll just take this opportunity to reply for a good portion of hashani from a character perspective after having to deal with having to defend multiple entrances : no thanks
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

    VayneHellenPraxidesAereidhna
  • SarienoSarieno Spokane, WAMember Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited July 2015
    Ignore the comment I just made. Wasn't constructive.


    twitter - @spacemanreno
  • ArditiArditi Member Posts: 841
    edited July 2015
    I hate mobile.

    PraxidesEthoasAchimrstShirszae
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,507 Admin
    Same elevation as before, just the surrounding area has splintered, split, and sundered!
    AereidhnaPraxides
  • AereidhnaAereidhna DallasMember Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Coolest moat ever. I'm a little jelly.
  • TeshaTesha Member Posts: 2,886 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cool, congratulations Hashan. Don't mind people ragging on you guys for failing whatever raid you did earlier or whatever they're talking trash about, I'd love to see them lead a raid. You guys have a good opportunity here, I look forward to seeing you guys flourish. Good luck!

     i'm a rebel

    SeifurMelodieHalos
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 4,951 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Haters gonna hate.

    Best of luck Hashan, very intrigued to see where you guys go!
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

    But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    Exelethril
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,099 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited July 2015
    A single shout (that I am aware) is not 'ragging' or even 'hating on' (talking about the shout regarding the raid) but I suppose people overreact these days to everything. In any case, I really like the Court of Shadows epithet. Looking forward to what will come of it.

    And you won't understand the cause of your grief...


    ...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

    Bluef
  • ValkynValkyn Member Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Is it floating? No.

    It did just get waaaay sexier though. 

    AmranuAereidhnaShirszaeJukilian
  • RinkuRinku Member Posts: 41 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Tesha said:
    Cool, congratulations Hashan. Don't mind people ragging on you guys for failing whatever raid you did earlier or whatever they're talking trash about, I'd love to see them lead a raid. You guys have a good opportunity here, I look forward to seeing you guys flourish. Good luck!
    There are some people that have tirelessly been working hard to try to better Hashan lately. With the goals of improving the image, and making a strong contribution to the world.

    It's just kind of hard at times, working with less people, and less experienced people compared to the rest of the game.

    Still though, they are putting in some really hard work trying to accomplish this.

    Let the haters hate. It won't be long before they find their head on a pike.
  • ZukoZuko Member Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited July 2015
    When I think of where this new chasm could go, I think of how awesome it would be if it became like Riften/Thieves guild in Skyrim...

    A network of underground tunnels populated by thievs/underground market. Could be pretty awesome!

    Edit: Also very fitting for Hashan! Darkness/Thieves
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Zuko said:
    When I think of where this new chasm could go, I think of how awesome it would be if it became like Riften/Thieves guild in Skyrim...

    A network of underground tunnels populated by thievs/underground market. Could be pretty awesome!

    Edit: Also very fitting for Hashan! Darkness/Thieves
    we have had a thieves' guild in the sewers for a while now
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

    AlaricAntidas
  • OceanaOceana North SeaMember Posts: 889 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    As the cliffs in the sunderlands are over 100 feet.... looooong rope ladders!
    Aereidhna
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    you'll also find hints on what caused this in the new HELP HASHAN scroll, though for everything to really be unveiled you'll just have to sit tight and wait
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

    Aereidhna
  • GrandueGrandue Member Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Random thought while reading this. Why don't we have areas that can only be accessed by flying? Impossible to climb cliff entrances that would be easy to reach by someone with wings, shortcuts through mountains instead of winding your way through tunnels or snaking a giant loop just to gain 100 feet of altitude when you could just fly up. 

    It would definitely give a buff to Atavians but I think rings of flying sales would skyrocket. 
    Bluef
  • SarathaiSarathai Member Posts: 2,139 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tharvis said:
    you'll also find hints on what caused this in the new HELP HASHAN scroll, though for everything to really be unveiled you'll just have to sit tight and wait
    "A deeply seated curiosity is inherent to the people of Hashan, who, through relentless study and experimentation, seek to master the metaphysical forces that constitute our existence..."

    =

    "FOR SCIENCE!"
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



    Airtreia
  • OceanaOceana North SeaMember Posts: 889 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarathai said:
    Tharvis said:
    you'll also find hints on what caused this in the new HELP HASHAN scroll, though for everything to really be unveiled you'll just have to sit tight and wait
    "A deeply seated curiosity is inherent to the people of Hashan, who, through relentless study and experimentation, seek to master the metaphysical forces that constitute our existence..."

    =

    "FOR SCIENCE!"
    Or this is what happens when you don't master those metaphysical forces.... >.>
    BluefAirtreia
«1
Sign In to Comment.