Class questions

Hey all just wondering what would be more Noob friendly between a sylvan/magi  in terms of hunting and pvp 

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Hunting is fairly straightforward (and with battlerage being a big part of it now, quite similar) across all classes. I wouldn't worry about it.

In terms of PvP, it's harder to say since both of the classes have fairly recently seen pretty large reworks, but my guess would be that sylvan would be easier, at least to get started with.

But all PvP in the game is relatively complex - no matter what you choose, you're going to have to put in some time to understand it (though that complexity is exactly why so many people love it!).

I would pick whichever one sounds neatest to you. All of the classes are fairly well-balanced right now. Do you want to turn into a sort of big tanky "plant golem" covered in vines, killing people with a barrage of weather magic, or would you rather be a more traditional elemental magi embedding crystals into the ground to produce passive effects and commanding a big crystalline golem companion?
  • edited June 2015
    Evarnis said:
    Hey all just wondering what would be more Noob friendly between a sylvan/magi  in terms of hunting and pvp 
    To echo something Makarios said (can't find the post now), Sylvan is intended to have some newbie friendliness in that a full kill setup can be found in a single trans skill, Propagation.  I've never been either so can't say first hand, but I think Magi is more synergy based between skills

Edit: Found the post, the whole topic might answer a few questions for you

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/3472/low-investment-starter-classes