What artefacts do I buy for PvP? PvE? Other options?

Trying to decide before the sale is up what I should buy for my character, Aeacus. I'm currently a serpent.

If I spec dex, I'll have 16 dexterity and 12 constitution I think. So in the artefact sale, I'm thinking of buying.

A thoth's fang, a lupine bow, and a hunters belt (to give more health). 3000 credits total.

So let's take for a moment, my budget of 3000 credits. I want to be successful at PvP as a Serpent, but also decent at hunting. Is this the right way to go? 

Would 3000 credits go further as another class for PvP? PvE?

Thanks!

Comments

• @Antidas as my mentor, aside from "The only thing you are missing is buying 3000 more credits", what is your take?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Not -completely- certain for serpent specific, but as far as PvE goes you'd want a crit pendant, a l2 lash at least, sip ring would be nice. I dunno if SoA would be helpful for serp? PvP, Thoth's fang would make your life much easier, same goes for the bow. Not really sure about the hunter's belt, but I'd nix that. Oh, and artie tattoos.
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Jarrod is pretty accurate with his list, honestly. Lupine bow is amazing for raids, you'll find you get a fair amount of kills with it, and it doesn't take a whole lot of skill to use effectively. I strongly recommend it - just be careful that you don't fall into the trap of becoming a snipe-only serpent like so many people do!

The only thing I'd change is that I don't really feel a lupine bow is necessary or even all that helpful for 1v1. Shield of absorption probably way more helpful, especially since you don't have a lot of constitution. Also for raids, eagles wings are very useful. They're not entirely necessary since you can always find someone to deliver you/bring you up to clouds, but having the extra mobility is really nice.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    I second SoA over bow for one on one.  Serpents survivability is high,  but you still need to tank damage during your initial hypnosis prep.  
  • Agree with SoA vs. bow in 1v1. I would respectfully disagree on the eagle's wings comment from Antidas, getting up to cloudss s almost never a problem for team battles, serpents have great mobility around the continent with warps, and 800 or 850cr can go a long way towards other arties (higher level sip ring or dirk, probably).
  • Mishgul said:
    If people know you don't have a buckawns you will struggle, and get aneurysms against certain people or in group fights.
    Truth. Just ask @Atalkez or @Ethoas. They've been on the receiving end of this past few days...