Your favourite client-side script features

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Sena said:
    Autotargeting. Let players set a custom list of denizens (either specific IDs or just keywords), and if one of them is in the room (they walk in, or they're in the room when you walk in) and there's not a denizen matching your current target in the room, target the denizen from the list (starting from the top of the list, so you can reorder the list to change the priority). This would be more useful than tab targeting because it's more selective and doesn't require a specific client.
    Lots of good ideas on this list, but I'll point out that ST will do this already! You can ST ORC and it'll automatically target the first orc in the room when you enter.
  • Tecton said:
    Lots of good ideas on this list, but I'll point out that ST will do this already! You can ST ORC and it'll automatically target the first orc in the room when you enter.
    I was thinking of something with more flexibility, like having "moose, buck, fawn" as your target list and targeting any of those 3, rather than just having a single target type. Ideally (if there were no performance concerns to worry about) the list wouldn't have a size limit so you could include everything in the world you might want to bash, but just a list of 10-20 to cover any single bashing area at a time would still be really useful.
  • I think the Nexus/HTML5 client already has a window for known afflictions. Prompt would be about the only option for other clients.
  • Jhui said:
    Tael said:
    Sarapis said:
    @Jarrod I gave an explanation in some previous thread (don't know where, sorry...not very helpful I know) as to why that's not feasible server-side, but what would be is a config option that outputs what's in a room in a more organized/less wordy fashion.
    I thought it was specifically that names couldn't be coloured depending on city because that would require a ton of lookups to discover city membership for colouring. It sounds like the idea here was just to colour all names (the same colour) independent of city affiliation, just so you could pick them out more easily. Is that impossible too?
    I am not sure if the other thread delved into this, but egghunts and such seem to only color names when they are either in the same room with you or perform an action that you can see (so not channels, honors, tells, etc).  I am not sure if that's an option to have, but I don't think every possibility of a name being on your screen should be colored if that's the problem with adding some of this.
    I think that was actually the idea. I don't know why you would want to colour names in channels for instance since you don't even see titles or wielded things there.
  • edited June 2015
    I just thought of a really nice feature: I can use my client to swap classes.

That should be an in-game feature! If it were available in-game, maybe you could even swap without having to change your login information!

(Related: Is multiclass the new ships yet? Can we start joking that things will happen "right after multiclass"?)
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Tael said:
    I just thought of a really nice feature: I can use my client to swap classes.

That should be an in-game feature! If it were available in-game, maybe you could even swap without having to change your login information!

(Related: Is multiclass the new ships yet? Can we start joking that things will happen "right after multiclass"?)
    You have about four and a half years to go, I think.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Rainbow criticals!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Tahquil said:
    Rainbow criticals!
    Would purchase a rainbow crit artie if it made everyone see my crits in rainbow colours.
    Huh. Neat.
  • So long as average ping isn't affected, I'm all for client side stuff @Tecton.

One of my main things is the mapper...

1.) Being able to walk to a room, and find it by its name. For example, someone tells me they died in a long hollway, I can RL LONG HALL and get a list, and walk to one. This isn't as important as other things but..

2.) The main mapper benefit on Mudlet is it doesn't matter how far I am from it, as it does with the current landmarks system.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Man everyone already kinda answered most of the cool ideas. Good job guys!
  • Scanning through my scripts I came up with some more ideas not mentioned yet that I'd like to add:

1) BUY right now has a restriction of 50 max pieces. Would be nice that be lifted to make buying comms and tarot cards easier without needing to client-side break the number you want to batches of 50 or less. This is the case for SELL already anyways.

2) queueing to take into account hinder. Easiest way to do this, I guess, would be to tweak the existing command slightly into 'queue add <bal> [hindered] <command>', where bal: bal/eq/eqbal/class. If 'hindered' is present, queue will fire on <bal> and unhindered (not prone/paralyzed/peace/webbed/etc). If not present, works as it does now by only checking <bal> (so attacks that can be done while hindered dont end up hindered from this change). 

3) balanceless mini-diag. Something like 'show affs' that will list known affs at no cost. Now that we have gmcp aff tracking this is easily done, but would be nice to have it as a simple command too for those less tech savy. It is one of the most common client side features.

4) something on curing prios. Right now are so cluttered and hard to read at a glance or quickly find something you have in mind. A simple solution/suggestion could be to expand the list from 26 to 51 (yes I know 26 are enough to set things up and I have them set up, but is uglier and less handy than svo/wunder one per ordered prio lists). Another solution could be to be able differentiate between herb/smoke/salve/sip/rest lists. Dunno how feasible, but anything to make it so it leaves a bit less of a sour taste in the mouth when dealing with swaping things around.

5) 'who here' is a nice and simple way to filter out plus avoid the LOOK output listing just names of people present. Would be nice to have a 'who here <dir>', which those that can code likely have already in a squint all script that filters player names through ndb. Outputs only the names of players in that dir you'd see normally with squint.

6) anything for tarot inscribing. From not requiring blanks in inventory and using those in deck, placing the end product directly in deck too, to allowing inscribing queue. But, umm, I guess that last one might be against automation rules.. 

7) 'wear all artefacts' self-explanatory. Maybe also for remove/give.

8) rune identifier. svo's echoes wherever a rune is found with a small desc of what it does are invaluable!

9) if anything is to get rainbow coloring, that is CHAOSRAYS!!

Also a couple already listed I'd like to repeat for support:

-pre caching
    -dir on alertness message
    -gallop/dash in WALKTO
    -elixcompact, to move fluids to longest decay vials, while consolidating them to the fewest possible
    -name highlight on LOOK (so veilglance, squint and similar also affected). No need to be city color, just player, to make easier picking up names and not be thrown from arms, named swords, pikes with heads, etc. No other places need player coloring I'd dare say. If attacks had the color too for example, it would make illusioning such things obsolete. Imagine illusioning devouring someone and them always know it's fake because no color to player name, would suck. Similar examples can be made for channels, tells, and pretty much anything. 

To be honest, I dont see me leaving mudlet behind, but the more things like these in this thread are implemented then it would make much easier to build a light mode in nexus with most relevant features to essentially lessen the gap between the two (but also make a couple stuff more easily scriptable and as such accessible).
  • Josoul said:
    -dir on alertness message
    Your enhanced senses inform you that Ajvin has entered Farmer's market at a mill, to the west.

:o 
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    the message changed, go into mudlet mapper and change the trigger to 

^Your enhanced senses inform you that (\w+) has entered (.+?)( at your location|, to the (\w+))?\.$
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    the message changed, go into mudlet mapper and change the trigger to 

^Your enhanced senses inform you that (\w+) has entered (.+?)( at your location|, to the (\w+))?\.$
    Or just...

^Your enhanced senses inform you that (\w+) has entered .+ at your location\.$
    ^Your enhanced senses inform you that (\w+) has entered .+, to the (\w+)\.$

deleteLine()

if matches[3] then

--cecho that they're adjacent

else

--cecho that they're in room

end

Better than running mapper script on every alertness.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Shop directory has been turned down before, and I tend to agree with that. Limb counter would be a nice option. I've got one already, but for newer players it could ease the transition into limb prep classes.

• No idea if suggested yet, but a shop stock tracking system. Tracks what is selling, for how much, and also tracks what items have sold, for how much, and record the profit from the transaction.
  • Props for the things implemented already! Looking forward for more!

Adding another client side feature that is very handy:
    -in mudlet up arrow autofills relevant recent commands. Example stating the obvious: you do 'honor tecton', go do whatever else, then you want to redo that command, which ends up being as simple as 'hon' and up arrow will find the latest command that starts like that. I'd daresay anyone that uses mudlet miss it when on nexus.
  • In light of the (really nice) new MXP stuff for shops, could we get it for libraries too? It's one of the few places in the game where you have to reference items by number and it'd be really nice to just be able to click them.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    When I tried the mxp thing in shops it'd only probe the stuff.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Left click should probe, right click should bring up a menu.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Sena said:
    Left click should probe, right click should bring up a menu.
    Thank you!
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Josoul said:
    Props for the things implemented already! Looking forward for more!

Adding another client side feature that is very handy:
    -in mudlet up arrow autofills relevant recent commands. Example stating the obvious: you do 'honor tecton', go do whatever else, then you want to redo that command, which ends up being as simple as 'hon' and up arrow will find the latest command that starts like that. I'd daresay anyone that uses mudlet miss it when on nexus.
    More of a nexus change than a game-side one, but I'll add it to the list!
  • I prefer simple things, like a full fashion counter that shows you how many fashions you have on each doll you are wielding and subtracts what you use when you use it, getting throttle to work right on this took me a while.

A curse counter that lets me know which curse I am shooting at them when I point, an important distinction, instead of when I put in the command.

A full map so I don't get lost on clouds or in subdivision houses. 

A nice toaster to warm my buns.

And finally, a chat screen that doesn't gag everything, I do need to see certain thing when they happen. Specifically say and emotes in the main screen rather then in some tiny screen I can respond to in an hour after watching youtube and ranting about Anti-matter being the Devil.
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    edited July 2015
    Sarapis said:
    @Jarrod I gave an explanation in some previous thread (don't know where, sorry...not very helpful I know) as to why that's not feasible server-side, but what would be is a config option that outputs what's in a room in a more organized/less wordy fashion.
    - I've had a more general idea to be able to do something along the lines of CONFIG COLOUR ENEMIES, CONFIG COLOUR CITYENEMIES, CONFIG COLOUR HOUSEENEMIES and so on. I don't want to drill down to individuals' colors but it'd be nice, at a glance, to see someone in a location that is non-friendly (hostile), or perhaps the opposite with CONFIG COLOUR CITYALLIES, or CONFIG COLOUR FRIENDS that could show the opposite. I would prefer just the character name, not the whole title, etc. If we could see this in channels as well (MARKET as an example).

- The shopping idea for stores may not be great, but I'd love something that showed the carts available in general areas.

• Ohey, something to tell how much essence you're holding! Oh hmm, on a second thought, it's probably better to leave it to players discovering on their own and call it experience gained over the years o:) Just saying it's one of my favorite scripts though!
  • Zuko said:
    So long as average ping isn't affected, I'm all for client side stuff @Tecton.

One of my main things is the mapper...

1.) Being able to walk to a room, and find it by its name. For example, someone tells me they died in a long hollway, I can RL LONG HALL and get a list, and walk to one. This isn't as important as other things but..

2.) The main mapper benefit on Mudlet is it doesn't matter how far I am from it, as it does with the current landmarks system.
    Was just talking about this very thing tonight as I tried to talk somebody into using the client over mudlet.  They opted for mudlet for this thing alone, and I do miss having it for sure! @Kasya
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    The other main issue that I have with the client is that it does not bode well on a 15" laptop screen with limited resolution available. SC will not all fit in the window, for example. Tried it. Hated it. Hooked my Chromebook up to my tv and it fit, and was hilarious. But y'know.