Tukiyo's basket of Quality of Life improvements

There are a few things I would like to see for my sanity since it feels like I need an excel sheet to keep track of numbers and data, or somethings that are just not clear.

First, I would like a command that displays a list of damage resistances, percentages of resistance and damage modifiers. For damage modifiers I mean things like Arash and Mir that for all I can tell just increase or decrease all damage you take.

Something like

Your current Resistances:
===============
Cutting  30%
Blunt 40%
Fire ....
... ...
Damage Base 120%(just throwing a number out for arash modifier. Assuming Arash increased damage taken by 20%)

This feels like it would save everyone a lot of headaches and I would assume this would be kept somewhere already in a database or a class file(I don't know how the system works but I can't imagine this isn't kept as a constantly tracked number in some form). It is very frustrating to have to search around to find things like Arash damage changes, do the math for how much avoidance reduces cutting/blunt, so forth.

Second, more clarity on information that should be somewhat obvious. For example, what type of damage something does. I have no idea if NPCs do different types of damage, but it would be nice to know what they are doing damage wise. What damage I took from a spar without having to search for what I was just hit with assuming it wasn't made very clear in the damage type.

Lastly, I really really want to be able to put an artifact effect on a singular item instead of having to carry and wear a dozen different artifacts. Obviously not for weapons and exceptions that do not make sense. But for example, why can't my health/mana boosting, constitution up and sip ring all be on one item? This could open up some interesting oportunities where it could be used as an rp element. For example, a lucky charm held by someone for years or a mage who goes mad scientist on a bracelet. It would make jewellery more desirable since you could have a very intricate piece made and then have it turned into a major rp element for your character.

Comments

• Tukiyo said:
    Lastly, I really really want to be able to put an artifact effect on a singular item instead of having to carry and wear a dozen different artifacts. Obviously not for weapons and exceptions that do not make sense. But for example, why can't my health/mana boosting, constitution up and sip ring all be on one item? This could open up some interesting oportunities where it could be used as an rp element. For example, a lucky charm held by someone for years or a mage who goes mad scientist on a bracelet. It would make jewellery more desirable since you could have a very intricate piece made and then have it turned into a major rp element for your character.
    This can be done already, it just costs 700cr per item you're combining along with the items themselves.

• Nah.  I think I'm going to stop asking that all of our nice things be given to dirty Achaeans.  If you want those things (and great PvP and a super nice player base) just come play Imperian. 
  • Huh... Where did you find that? Also that is unfortunatly not something I can realistically take advantage of but thank you for letting me know.
  • AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited June 2015
    re artefact combining - just get an orb of suppression, it makes everything better and is a million times cheaper. I'm not a coder but it seems like an artefact combining system would be a giant pain on IRE's part to offer on a larger scale, which is probably why that is so expensive.
  • Jules said:
    Nah.  I think I'm going to stop asking that all of our nice things be given to dirty Achaeans.  If you want those things (and great PvP and a super nice player base) just come play Imperian. 
    Does this mean you'll leave us alone and go troll the Imperian forums?
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited June 2015
    Jules said:
    Nah.  I think I'm going to stop asking that all of our nice things be given to dirty Achaeans.  If you want those things (and great PvP and a super nice player base) just come play Imperian. 
    Hey @Jules, go play Imperian's forum, please.

Edit: damn ninjas
  • Well, artifact combining wasn't exactly what I meant but put the effect on another item. Also I thought aetolia and other games had systems that could do it?
  • No, because I want to steal a few players :D  People find the flagship first, and usually don't realize there are other options for a very long time. 
  • Tukiyo said:
    Huh... Where did you find that? Also that is unfortunatly not something I can realistically take advantage of but thank you for letting me know.
    I asked for a quote because I had the same idea. There are a few people who've done it before, but the only one I can remember at the moment is Antonius, combined his dex boots with anklet of dashing I think?

• Tukiyo said:
    Well, artifact combining wasn't exactly what I meant but put the effect on another item. Also I thought aetolia and other games had systems that could do it?

They do.  Achaea has the least shinies for the most $$$, generally.  It's just how things have worked out. 
  • Please... this idea was never going anywhere because it's already been monetized here in Achaea.  My comments ARE relevant because that is exactly the contrast between the games (which are all owned by Sarapis anyway, just not all managed by him).  You are free to move on (which is more than I've ever been able to do when my own threads have been hilariously derailed by trolling), but no need to not so subtly request that another forumer get slapped down. 
  • edited June 2015

Hundred would at least be possible for me at least, shame it could not be made more efficient

Edit for phone typo

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited June 2015
    That's great to hear. I actually asked Customisations about combining artefacts very recently, (and was willing to pay a premium) but was told it couldn't be done.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited June 2015
    Sarapis said:
    Tukiyo said:

This is something we intend to do at some point. We're kind of half-way there in the background, but it's still a somewhat major investment in refactoring code. 
    You're amazing.  I can't wait to be the first person to have a straw hat of omnipotence  that is a combination of all my major arties. Hoping this includes SoW items too (I don't have any that would be attachable like this, but I am sure there are those out there that do and would pay for this functionality)

Edit: changed my mind, I want the ones you don't have to wear on my pet rock @Jadys bought me. 
  • Bro I will totally rock an eyepatch like Kenpachi Zaraki if this becomes a thing

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • @Aerek Email artefacts@achaea.com instead? It's possible to have it done (at least with some artefacts, may be some you can't combine), or at least was in the past because I've done it, but customisations isn't the right place to ask.
  • Atalkez said:
    Bro I will totally rock an eyepatch like Kenpachi Zaraki if this becomes a thing
    Wouldn't  this be the opposite though? Zaraki gets stronger when he removes the eyepatch. 

• Yes but who cares. 

Eyepatch

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Would love to apply as many artefacts as I can to my wings. Will cut down on how much I have to wear, and allow me to just use my jewellery and tailoring skills to switch through designs instead of having to customise each artefact piece later on down the road that will have to just go with everything.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    Would love to apply as many artefacts as I can to my wings. Will cut down on how much I have to wear, and allow me to just use my jewellery and tailoring skills to switch through designs instead of having to customise each artefact piece later on down the road that will have to just go with everything.
    I'd probably combine a ring of flying with mine. Likely other stuff as well, actually, but I've got an Orb of Suppression for that (might even wind up trading it in, depending on price and such). It's always seemed a bit weird to me that I can have wings but they don't actually let me fly, just take me to Clouds when I duanathar.

I wonder how it'd work with upgradable artifacts, though. For example, if you have Eagle's Wings, and combined it with a +2 CON belt. What happens if, at a later date, you wanted to upgrade the wings to Atavian, or the CON to +3?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited June 2015
    Sarathai said:
    Kayeil said:
    I'd probably combine a ring of flying with mine. Likely other stuff as well, actually, but I've got an Orb of Suppression for that (might even wind up trading it in, depending on price and such). It's always seemed a bit weird to me that I can have wings but they don't actually let me fly, just take me to Clouds when I duanathar.

I wonder how it'd work with upgradable artifacts, though. For example, if you have Eagle's Wings, and combined it with a +2 CON belt. What happens if, at a later date, you wanted to upgrade the wings to Atavian, or the CON to +3?
    Wait, atavian wings don't let you fly as well? Whaaaaat?

EDIT: #logic
    Huh. Neat.
  • Sarathai said:

I originally added the anklet of dashing power to level one dex boots. Worked fine when I later upgraded to level three.
    Antonius said:
    Sarathai said:

I originally added the anklet of dashing power to level one dex boots. Worked fine when I later upgraded to level three.
    But only one of those things is upgradeable, @Antonius.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Antonius said:
    Sarathai said:

Maybe I don't see how you're interpreting that, but I don't see how that would matter. Both things should be upgradable with Sarathai's example, you just wouldn't be able to do it automatically through the commands in game, you'd have to email Artefacts or Tecton.

Trey said:
    Ahmet said:
    Antonius said:
    Sarathai said:

Maybe I don't see how you're interpreting that, but I don't see how that would matter. Both things should be upgradable with Sarathai's example, you just wouldn't be able to do it automatically through the commands in game, you'd have to email Artefacts or Tecton.
    I was pointing out to Antonius that in his example, only the dex portion was upgradeable so the multiple possibilites didn't come into play.
    Huh. Neat.