Journal of Infinity

Hi there,

I know preserved letters were phased out ages ago, but since people can and do have tons of journals, I think there's room for an artefact journal.

Aside from non-decay, give it resetting and infinite pages, rather than 50. Writing a new page should be activated through some command such as "scribe new page," and also give the ability to delete a page, such as "delete page 32," with a CONFIRM clause, and the ability to scribe parts or the whole journal to a letter or manuscript. So, "scribe journal <page x> , <page y> , <page z> " and so on "to <item>". Possibly put a limit on how much can be scribed.

Thank you for reading my idea.

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Sure, I guess. Can't really see the great benefit of this, though. I'd much rather have different journals with different designs for different things, rather than just one for everything.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Would be a huge benefit to me at least, and probably anyone else who is constantly dealing with letters. Yes plz.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    I have five journals that each represent different periods in my life.  I for one would love to trade them all in for one journal that I can delete pasted letters or whatever else no longer apply.  I don't find a whole lot of use for any of my journals (beyond clutter) and would have humgiid them a long time ago if not for the fact that they each contain like one page that I still find useful.  Yes yes, please please.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I would love to at least have the ability to get rid of certain pages. That'd be amazing.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Can't think of a reason why this shouldn't be approved.
  • I am unsure as to why I have misread this as 'Journal of Infidelity', but yes, infinite-page journal sounds nifty.

I'm just not sure if someone will make 2,147,483,647 pages(or whatever value might induce some game-ending integer overflow) just to mess with the system.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    cap it to 50 actually written pages but have it infinite for pasted letters. If that is a possibility with the game engine.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."