Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Serpent Arties

2»

Comments

  • AndregorAndregor Posts: 98Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited June 2015
    I'm assuming that lvl 3 lash and lvl 3 dex boots are better then dragon bashing?
    image
  • SarathaiSarathai Posts: 2,139Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 2015
    Andregor said:
    I'm assuming that lvl 3 lash and lvl 3 dex boots are better then dragon bashing?
    Per Sena from a little while back, every class with maxed out offensive artifacts will (at minimum) match fully-artied dragon offense, if not sitting about 3-4% higher in DPS. Serpents are way out in front, and I mean way out, along with knight classes and a couple of others.

    Dragon bashing is pretty tanky, sure, but it's also slow.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



    AereidhnaKatzchenValkyn
  • JarrodJarrod Posts: 3,060Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 2015
    Level 3 Lash + Level 3 Dex boots is the highest offensive bashing speed there is, by a wide margin.

    Situationally beaten by full artied Magi stormhammering, but very specific scenarios.
    image
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

    AereidhnaKatzchenValkyn
  • ValkynValkyn Posts: 734Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    That's really interesting. I'd noticed it was pretty fast with some arties.

  • SenaSena Posts: 3,938Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarathai said:
    Andregor said:
    I'm assuming that lvl 3 lash and lvl 3 dex boots are better then dragon bashing?
    Per Sena from a little while back, every class with maxed out offensive artifacts will (at minimum) match fully-artied dragon offense, if not sitting about 3-4% higher in DPS. Serpents are way out in front, and I mean way out, along with knight classes and a couple of others.

    Dragon bashing is pretty tanky, sure, but it's also slow.
    About half of those numbers are outdated with all the changes lately (static weapon stats and large-scale weapon rebalancing, complete overhauls for knights/sylvans/sentinels, etc.), so my old comparisons aren't very meaningful now.
    Sarathai
  • AndregorAndregor Posts: 98Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Jarrod said:
    Level 3 Lash + Level 3 Dex boots is the highest offensive bashing speed there is, by a wide margin.

    Situationally beaten by full artied Magi stormhammering, but very specific scenarios.
    You are making me want to spend more money now and unlock this potential. I hate you.
    image
  • RangorRangor Posts: 3,173Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Andregor said:
    Jarrod said:
    Level 3 Lash + Level 3 Dex boots is the highest offensive bashing speed there is, by a wide margin.

    Situationally beaten by full artied Magi stormhammering, but very specific scenarios.
    You are making me want to spend more money now and unlock this potential. I hate you.
    You have to spend money to gain m... gold coins.
    image
    Andregor
  • ReifReif Posts: 37Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    edited June 2015
    So I currently don't have any artefacts, but I've recently been considering working towards one or two (House/City credits, bashing, bardic, etc). So I was curious as to what I should get first. Right now I'm considering a L1 belt (since my con is terrible) and a trait reset for dexterity to bump it up to 16. Any thoughts on this?

    Also, I'm more interested in combat than for hunting, so I've been hearing things about dirks and Lupines and whatnot, so I don't know if that changes anything.

    Edit: I'll probably do these after I finish transing venom and hypnosis, too, assuming that's the wisest course of action.
  • JarrodJarrod Posts: 3,060Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
    While it's possible to lock with Serp without artie dirk, having one makes it significantly easier (even just L1 is 0.2s off dstab balance without changing anything else).

    Trans hypnosis is good for getting hypochondria and higher success rates on hypno, trans venom is nice for more strategies but is less necessary (esp with flay how it is now).

    As for other arties, level 1 sip ring trumps level 1 belt (pretty sure that's still the case) for 100cr more. What's your Dex at now  that you're considering changing it?
    image
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

  • ReifReif Posts: 37Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    @Jarrod dex is at 15 right now, and con is at 11, which is why I was thinking the belt. I'm also looking to earn these in game (teenage budget and all), so I'd try to stick with cheapish stuff for now.

    I am am really considering that dirk though
  • JarrodJarrod Posts: 3,060Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Level 1 Dirk is 350cr, cheaper than any other individual thing and probably the biggest 1v1 boost you can get. I'd aim for that first if you're looking to 1v1 primarily.

    If you're looking to focus more on raiding, you'll likely want to get Level 1/2 bow instead.
    image
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

    Rangor
  • ReifReif Posts: 37Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    I think I'll trans hypnosis, get the dirk, then a bow, then venom.... Does that sound like a decent plan at least?
    Rangor
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 4,790Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If you're wanting to get a boost to your 1v1, you're definitely on the right track with that.


    You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • ReifReif Posts: 37Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Yeah, I think I want to get 1v1 down a little before group. I mean, I'm fine just sniping with a darkbow for now.
  • ValkynValkyn Posts: 734Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    If you're not able to buy credits, the most effective way to gain health would be through leveling, which also gets you gold for other arties. Pretty win/win really. Focussing on the offence sounds good.

    Odd, I was told to get venom before hypnosis. I guess maybe people have different strategies they prefer.

  • ReifReif Posts: 37Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    I think venom is for when you want to get Camus relapses, which I've only ever been told to try and do in group stuff. I've heard hypnosis is more 1v1
  • AustereAustere TennesseePosts: 2,201Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Valkyn said:
    If you're not able to buy credits, the most effective way to gain health would be through leveling, which also gets you gold for other arties. Pretty win/win really. Focussing on the offence sounds good.

    Odd, I was told to get venom before hypnosis. I guess maybe people have different strategies they prefer.
    For just pk, I would learn hypnosis first.  Trans increases your chances of getting a hypnotism by a lot, and hypochondria is ridiculous.  Keep in mind, you're going to be buying a lot of venoms if you don't trans venom out. I think camus scales with venom, and it works as a great shield bypass for hunting. Something to consider.  
  • ValkynValkyn Posts: 734Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I already have trans venom, was just curious at the advice which totally conflicts with what I've heard IG. It might be situational, yeah.

  • JarrodJarrod Posts: 3,060Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There used to be three primary uses for Venom previously:

    1) Transcretion means you don't need to have venom vials
    2) Scytherus for relapses into Camus for an additional kill strat
    3) Bite through shield tp seal locks

    #1 can be covered by getting venom vials, #3 has been replaced by FLAY <target> SHIELD <venom>, #2 is unnecessary on people who don't know how to play defensively.

    Hypnosis on the other hand increases your chances of success and gives you access to hypochondria, which is pretty useful in 1v1.

    Optimal is Trans Subterfuge > Hypnosis to Hypochondria > Trans Venom, but I hate having skills close to Trans and not actually there.
    image
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

    ValkynPraxides
2»
Sign In to Comment.