Weaponmastery arte thoughts.

Just throwing around some thoughts about an artifact revolving around weaponmastery and the specializations. Ultimately my thoughts boiled down to an item that allowed you to reset your chosen spec once every 24 hours. You'd have to be at full health and mana to avoid any potential abuse of the item that could arise from changing mid fight. In my head I pictured something like a war sash of yen-sorte or perhaps more of a tome outlining various techniques. I'm terrible with pricing, but I'd probably feel comfortable with it around 200-300 credits for what it does.

I adore the knight changes, but this has been an idea that frequently pops back into my mind. It may stem from when I first joined the game years ago and you saw knights with various weapons (this was riiight before everyone started using rapiers). Or may just be from my indecision on what I would like to choose if I ever went knight. But ultimately I think the item would only allow for more freedom within the specific class, without harming other aspects. If you enjoy two-hander for bashing but far prefer dual blunt for combat? This would open a venue for that to occur without spending lessons every shift.

I'd love to hear how others feel about such an item. If you like it, hate it, or really don't care. But I've been up for 37 hours now, so I'm going to go sleep, I'll check back in.. whenever the heck I wake up.

Comments

• I've asked about this multiple times since the Weaponmastery changes were first posted to the ACC (May last year). Tecton has said that they may do it at some point, but no guarantees on if or when it will happen.
  • Antonius said:
    I've asked about this multiple times since the Weaponmastery changes were first posted to the ACC (May last year). Tecton has said that they may do it at some point, but no guarantees on if or when it will happen.
    Hrm, well it's good to know I'm not the only one with such an idea in mind. I glanced around to see if the idea had already been posted, so thanks for the info. I'll keep my fingers crossed on it all happening sometime.

(Yes, I lied about sleep.. okay, now I'm really going to bed)
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I'd shamelessly want this for myself, yeah. Half of us were expecting it to come out with the release, and I'm pretty sure it'd instantly be one of the more popular artefacts for anyone who was invested in the knight classes. Personally I'd love it just so I could help show novice and midbie Knights how to use their stuff. With the flood of S&B Knights, it's hard to find mentors for the other styles to show them the ropes. Would probably want a channel time as well as full health/mana, though.

At the same time, I do think that could be a little unfair to how the Knights are balanced. The Knight styles have their strengths and weaknesses, (except for S&B, which I don't feel has enough "weaknesses") which means that they are strong against some opponents and struggle with others. Being able to switch style for free bypasses these arguably intentional rock/paper/scissors match-ups, which is something other classes don't get to do. 100 lessons to change style isn't much, and you can already do this, but that sting at least keeps that to a minimum.

You could say that this is irrelevant, as multi-class will kinda do this anyway, and that's fair. I just hesitate to usher in that metagame and make Knight styles a flavor-of-the-day choice by characters.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.