Purchasing Room Credits with Achaean Credits

For those who would like the convenience of purchasing room credits with credits, I was wondering if reinstating the old option of purchasing rooms/room upgrades would be a good idea.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    houses were a good credit sink post artefacts.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • The only way they'll reconsider is if enough people *really* don't like the new system.  Most people do support gold sinks so it's a question of how much of a PITA/expense it makes building houses (or not) and how much people care (possibly not a lot because houses are sort of almost worthless - you can't even really loiter in them, not even with things like no prism upgrades). 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited May 2015
    Thats not true. Unless someone is making a conscious effort to get you in particular, a no-prism room and a monolith should allow you to be almost as safe as anywhere. That's been my experience, at least

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Well, if someone is looking to get into a city, and they find someone in a sub, at that point they're trying to get to you in particular.  In my case, someone got in my house.  I was able to leave and lock the person in.  I also made the mistake of immediately informing Cyrene what had just happened (literally the first time someone got into my house in the whole of my Achaean existence) and... it didn't go well.  Talking with other city members, most of them don't really use their houses for that reason - and they specifically mentioned that while no prism certainly helps, it's definitely not foolproof.  I did buy no prism anyway, immediately afterwards (although yes, my home had had the appropriate sigils).  I imagine Mhaldor would be similarly strict, not sure about the other cities.  So, it's partly not a  "mechanical" reason but a cultural/political one.  Also hi!

• You can still buy them with credits - you just have to sell the credits for gold first. And I'm pretty sure the prices are pretty uniformly lower than they used to be, by quite a bit.

Looking at Ashtan's commodity prices right now and CFS, a room costs only ~2.3 credits. Which means no prism costs around 90 credits, which is a lot lower than I remember it being.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    edited May 2015
    No one has ever managed to break into my scriptorium as long as the monolith has been up, so I would have to agree with @Shirszae on that one.

EDIT: @Yae informed me that there is an error in one of the HELP files, and that the Delosian property office specifies much smaller amounts of wood and stone. So I did math (and I've been hoarding) for no reason. Ignore me, please!
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Tael said:
    You can still buy them with credits - you just have to sell the credits for gold first. And I'm pretty sure the prices are pretty uniformly lower than they used to be, by quite a bit.

Looking at Ashtan's commodity prices right now and CFS, a room costs only ~2.3 credits. Which means no prism costs around 90 credits, which is a lot lower than I remember it being.
    Just for correction, a room credit costs ~2.3 credits. It takes 10 of them which is still cheaper :) Thanks for the input, guise.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• It sounds like it's made them much more accessible, which would be great, because it's mostly just a nice little prestige item really (or a place to keep your embarrassing animal collection).   
  • JeslynJeslyn United States
    I think they mean bound credits. You cannot sell bound credits and a lot of people are getting them from their ire membership. I'm already getting about 150 bound credits a month.
    yeah the ire membership lost a little value for me specifically, but I am not the majority D: I am sure people buy ire membership for other things, liek taht xp bonus.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Mishgul said:
    yeah the ire membership lost a little value for me specifically, but I am not the majority D: I am sure people buy ire membership for other things, liek taht xp bonus.
    Can always buy more flowerpots.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

Silvarien has out flowerpotted me by a country mile. I am going to have to find a new niche. Like signet rings or something.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Mishgul said:
    Silvarien has out flowerpotted me by a country mile. I am going to have to find a new niche. Like signet rings or something.
    Is a country mile different than a non-country mile?  :o

Okay, much derail.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Tael said:
    You can still buy them with credits - you just have to sell the credits for gold first. And I'm pretty sure the prices are pretty uniformly lower than they used to be, by quite a bit.

Just for correction, a room credit costs ~2.3 credits. It takes 10 of them which is still cheaper :) Thanks for the input, guise.
    so roughly 23 credits per room bought with ashtan comms, roughly 28 credits per room bought with hashan comms (I'm going to change those prices a bit though, so that's a temporary number) and I assume the other city comm stores (when calculated) hang around 25 credits per room (10 room credits - 1000stone/2000wood) aswell.
    Which is half the previous cost, isn't it?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."