You may have played Achaea too much if...

edited April 2015 in North of Thera
Written as the player.

Earlier today, the idea struck me to write something like this up.
Not sure if anybody already has something like this around, so, if you do, please re-direct me to it. 

If not; please, enjoy the humor. Add on if you like. 

...You don't go to sleep until your "eyelids are drooping"

...You forget to eat because you've been Logosian so long

...You think to yourself "Forget Dragonborn" and go make yourself a Dragon

...You use U.K. standard spelling most of the time

...You use U.K. standard spelling enough that your friends notice

...You find yourself wondering what life must be like with graphics and how limited it is

...You spend most of your time reading posts like this

...You are asked "Do you play any instruments?" and you instantly reply "Yes, I do" when in fact you haven't even touched an instrument in your life

...You hear someone is a Monk, and you instantly start breathing loudly and heavily

...You type faster than you ever did during any typing courses you took

...You no longer think of "RP" in a sexual context

...You have dreams of world domination and supreme power

...You gain world domination and supreme power

...You sadly shake your head every time your friend(s) type you a formal e-mail rife with errors

...You send someone a "Tell" and not a "Txt"

...You find your mind wandering to Clan ChaT whenever you see "CLT"

...You send "nod" in a regular chatroom and wonder why it just says "nod"

...You have actually read all the way to this line

...You have more friend circles than you know people IRL

...You know your friend's real life names in game

...You know enough to start critiquing Renaissance fairs about anachronisms 

...You can't take the Twilight series any vampire(s) seriously unless one is named "Belladonna"

...You are cringing as you read this because eighty percent of it applies to you

...You find yourself spending idle moments imagining what each "insta-kill" move looks like

...You can't wait to see what it looks like to bite someone's head off as a Dragon

...You fondly remember the first person's head you bite off as a Dragon

...You find people are looking at you odd for talking about biting people's heads off as a Dragon

...You know Chuck Norris to be just a high level Monk

...You hear someone say "BM" and you instantly think "Blade Master"

...You chuckle when listening to teens talk about gaming because you know your "Swag" is assured

...You proudly invite your friends to play a text-based game

...You don't understand why your friends look at you oddly

...You have trouble grasping the concept that text-based games are rare

...You look at a chess board and wonder why it doesn't move when you say aloud coordinates

...You actually understand this list, read through to the end, and are going to add on to it

Hope y'all enjoy! 
Might add more later.

-The Lonesome Willow,
                                    Natliya Cain
I don't like long goodbyes.

Comments

• You see your two friends in the city, and you think you're in the Matrix.

The Matrix.... errrr Realms.... has you, @Natliya . You'd better get some lessons to spend on Kung Fu... errr.... Tekura. You can't save Sapience if Targ doesn't win the next raid.
  • edited April 2015
    488 days played (on Cooper) and only 1 of those partially applied to me.

Edit: 2 if you include the "you've read this far" bullshit.

• edited April 2015
    ... If you remember landmarking and were an active participant
    ... If you had a leading role in an actual Guild
    ... If you remember when there were 2 dragons in the entirety of achaea
    ... If you remember the original Te'serra

... If the transition from GT to HT kept you awake at night for a few nights
    ... If you had panic attacks over backing up guild logs and posts from the 3 transitions those orgs have gone through
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • Okay, you got me good there.

• How do you have less days than Kakotas?... I think alts included I have around 1000 days... That kind of makes me cringe to admit.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

• Kakotas said:
    How do you have less days than Kakotas?... I think alts included I have around 1000 days... That kind of makes me cringe to admit.
    How do you figure that out?
  • Go to each character and check SCORE 2 or whatever the other commands are, and see how long it says you've been in-game on that character for.
  • Titonus said:
    I find myself trying to tell people in my everyday life about the Truths...
    Jehovas Witness - EXCUSE ME SIR DO YOU HAVE A MOMENT TO TALK ABOUT OUR LORD AND SAVIOR SARTAN
    @Titonus : The Infernal Revenue Service operates out of Washington, DC, not Utah.
  • Aodfionn said:
    if you find yourself using "Gods damnit" out of habit IRL.
    I used to say, "For the love of Maya..." a lot!
  • Aodfionn said:

Damn quotes. :(

But I usually end up saying "Lords and Ladies" all too often.
  • Aodfionn said:
    @Aodfionn : Watch your language, Aodfionn, my Gods, would Lady Aurora really approve of such scandalous language?! :open_mouth: 
  • -Your High school yearbooks contain achaean references no one else could ever get
    -You have written many assignments based on one of the following: Achaean philosophy, Achaean lore and culture, Your houses training and leadership programs.
    -(Knights Only)-You secretly wish that upon knighthood someone emailed you a certificate that you could print out and frame because you just spent the last 6-20 RL months working on it and it would be nice to have a physical recognition. (you would even pay for credits just to get an official document like that)
    -You have at any point in the last 3 months used any of your characters catch phrases... In my case "For the Brew!" or "Darkbrew solves all problems" have been known to come out of my mouth when stressed.
    -Your friends from university at any point have thought of you as "extremely smart" because they see you coding reflex triggers and assume your programming some complex thing for microsoft or something.
    -Your friends at university have ever asked "Where did you dissapear to?" and the answer you honestly had to give was "CTF" and then have to explain it to them.

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    Zarla said:
    ... when you mindlessly say, "Greetings!" with a smile to another person IRL.
    And they give you this look.

I do that every day I walk into the office. I tend to go with "Greetings Humanoids!" which gets me a few looks when I've just started a new job. After about 3 days, the looks don't exist any more. I let that slide for about two weeks, then start mixing it up with "Greetings Haemorrhoids!" just to see if anyone is actually listening.

In over 8 years of doing this, no one has actually noticed.
  • Aerek said:

You have more Achaean friends on Skype than actual friends.

But but, you are my actual friends .... aren't you?

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree

Aerek said:
    All of your RPG character names from the last X years are Achaea-related. Probably other usernames and log-ins, too.
    Yes and no. Amanu and Nailo are actually from two different D&D books. Would have been a black haired, green eyed Tsol'aa paladin, or if possible an ex-paladin vampire Tsol'aa, if I could have used my usual name Aramil Nailo. Hasn't stopped me from making a couple of AmanuNailo accounts elsewhere.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I just face roll my keyboard and put some vowels in.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • The examples or activities you use when teaching writing involve students creating unique self-descriptions of humans gifted with wings, unmistakably stocky persons with muscular builds that often have beards (male and female), humanoid amphibians, lithe underground dwellers who are a distant cousin of humanity....etc.

I have done this. Students have also actually logged into Achaea to create a character, describe themselves, and post a background. Some still play.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Bluef said:

The examples or activities you use when teaching writing involve students creating unique self-descriptions of humans gifted with wings, unmistakably stocky persons with muscular builds that often have beards (male and female), humanoid amphibians, lithe underground dwellers who are a distant cousin of humanity....etc.

I have done this. Students have also actually logged into Achaea to create a character, describe themselves, and post a background. Some still play.

Oooh, remember this?:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #1386
    Date: 10/23/2003 at 06:37
    To : Everyone
    Subj: University of Maryland

This is clearly a fine FINE University, as evidenced by the fact that 
    one of their classes has, as homework, completing the first three newbie
    quests in Achaea. =) 

http://www.glue.umd.edu/~flores/syllabus.html
    (toward the bottom)

Penned by my hand on the 21st of Lupar, in the year 347 AF.

• ... I RESPECT most people at work when they walk in, or when I see someone in passing.