What god would you be for a day?

13»

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Aerosi said:

@Sartan has a clear lead. I suspect it is a combination of an unbreakable will, unstoppable power, devoted followers, and abs you could grate cheese on, that make Him the natural choice.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    The diversity is kind of nice. Goes to show if even a tenth of the people who are interested may one day decide to see if they're cut out for Godhood, there should be at least interest in different roles. :)

Would kind of suck if we all wanted the same thing.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • @Sartan and @Twilight are tied for the lead now.
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    For me, Sarapis, go big or go big or go home.

Spelling mistakes are due to phone and train.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Not really kept up with this thread,  but am I the only one that wants to be @Makarios for a day?  Dude is a badass.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Khalas. I'd threaten people from within my prison and see who would deign to help me, then I'd truefavour anyone aspiring ranger or higher. If possible nuke all those exploration annoyances from inside my prison. If not continue screwing with people for the day.

On a separate note, FREEDOM TO KHALAS! :wink:
    Huh. Neat.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited April 2015
    Personally I think with the current set of gods we have i'd rather be Twilight for a day than any other. While I still can't figure out if Twilight is the coolest god in the game or the lamest. Rp wise Twilight is likely the scariest god out there. While OOC Wise for example i've been told Twilight was behind the Bal'met events. Which is basically let's do a huge awesome event then let Twilight take the credit for setting it up because it completely fits the bar.

Buuuut couldn't pick Twilight so I went with Pentharian because.. Pentharian was awesome.. and I've had a Paladin obsession since warcraft.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Caladbolg said:
    Personally I think with the current set of gods we have i'd rather be Twilight for a day than any other. While I still can't figure out if Twilight is the coolest god in the game or the lamest. Rp wise Twilight is likely the scariest god out there. While OOC Wise for example i've been told Twilight was behind the Bal'met events. Which is basically let's do a huge awesome event then let Twilight take the credit for setting it up because it completely fits the bar.

Buuuut couldn't pick Twilight so I went with Pentharian because.. Pentharian was awesome.. and I've had a Paladin obsession since warcraft.
    now you're an occultist. Join the dark side.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Out of the current living Gods, probably Lord Prospero... just imagine the riches! Plus I've always found Him to be fascinating and wish He were an active presence in the realms, but He has been a dormant God for longer than I've been playing. As much as I love Lady Pandora, I wouldn't even try being Her because nobody plays Her better than the person behind Lady Pandora right now.

Out of the departed and fallen Gods, probably Lord Aeyr. Again, I wouldn't want to try and fill the shoes of the person who played Lady Selene because She was amazing at it and I wouldn't want to see anyone else trying it, not even for a day.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited April 2015
    Being a god for 1 day would be a bit pointless because all you'd have time to actually do as that god is zap a few people and jump into a few denizens. The novelty of zapping wears off pretty quickly too, as experienced as a demigod during the bal'met saga.

That being said, if I could for a week or a month, it would have to be pre-death Hermes. I was a follower and the order-folk were great. There were a few things I would have like to see happen, but alas they won't now.

Also, since Lachlan doesn't forum anymore: when I told her about the thread, she said she'd like to be Artemis.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Caladbolg said:

I knew there was a reason I couldn't induct you to seekers... lol not really would have loved to have you in the order.

And I would believe Bal'met was orchestrated by Twilight. Heck he had spies in the upper echelons of shallam we were never able to root out.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Kakotas said:
    Caladbolg said:

I knew there was a reason I couldn't induct you to seekers... lol not really would have loved to have you in the order.

And I would believe Bal'met was orchestrated by Twilight. Heck he had spies in the upper echelons of shallam we were never able to root out.
    Well if you think about it along the lines of You have this 7ft 400 pound pure muscle guy that looks like he could kill you with a poke who insults a guy because his giant obelisk looks like a penis (Lord Sartan) And then you piss off the dude and he makes it look like you Slept with his wife (Twilight) So Lord Sartan gets mad beats you to death then goes to jail for murder because he had it completely setup in his favor (Dunno what the ic way of this would go for instance)  So Sartan goes to jail, Your dead and Twilight is just sitting there with a smirk on his face with nothing more than a simple Ha, followed by two birds one stone.

That's some pretty scary shit in and of it's self.

• Caladbolg said:
    Kakotas said:
    Caladbolg said:

Well if you think about it along the lines of You have this 7ft 400 pound pure muscle guy that looks like he could kill you with a poke who insults a guy because his giant obelisk looks like a penis (Lord Sartan) And then you piss off the dude and he makes it look like you Slept with his wife (Twilight) So Lord Sartan gets mad beats you to death then goes to jail for murder because he had it completely setup in his favor (Dunno what the ic way of this would go for instance)  So Sartan goes to jail, Your dead and Twilight is just sitting there with a smirk on his face with nothing more than a simple Ha, followed by two birds one stone.

Hence the reason the Elysians existed or were supposed to exist and shallam hated us for it. Not entirely sure they didn't slip an agent in our midst during one of the naps though. But yeah Twilight hated our order the most we tended to wreck his plans historically speaking. I guess he figured the only way he won was blowing everything up.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

• HalosHalos The Reaches

Insert ancient aliens conspiracy guy meme here.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Kayeil said:
    As much as I love Lady Pandora, I wouldn't even try being Her because nobody plays Her better than the person behind Lady Pandora right now.
    Personally, the more I think about it, given the choice between playing as Pandora and playing as any other God or Goddess, it's increasingly clear that I have no idea why I wouldn't be Pandora.

Other God roles are cool, don't get me wrong, but I'd probably have trouble taking them seriously enough after a while, and I imagine I'd get bored of it eventually.

But being the Goddess of Fun and Pranks and Mischief? Taking myself seriously would literally be doing it wrong, but at the same time there's so much room for...

kyaa!

challenge accepted. please wait like X years/decades/millenia though, for the various stars to align. we might need to begin a cult and snowball it into a full-fledged religion in order to remember and enact this prophecy.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I guess ultimately my list of maybe gods are... either Vastar or Twilight. Keresis is kind of a 'would be interesting' but I have little connection with the role. 

I think it'd be interesting to play Divine opposite of my IC alignment. So even though as a mortal, I'd have dreams of blowing those Orders to kingdom come, I'd have a vested interest in making sure said Order doesn't belly up in my care. Also I'll have fun tormenting former Order mates.

• Skye said:
    I guess ultimately my list of maybe gods are... either Vastar or Twilight. Keresis is kind of a 'would be interesting' but I have little connection with the role. 

I think it'd be interesting to play Divine opposite of my IC alignment. So even though as a mortal, I'd have dreams of blowing those Orders to kingdom come, I'd have a vested interest in making sure said Order doesn't belly up in my care. Also I'll have fun tormenting former Order mates.
    This is where I would easily take the role of Sartan just to torment people but somehow I think that's against the rules of godhood.

• Kakotas said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Kakotas said:
    Caladbolg said:

Hence the reason the Elysians existed or were supposed to exist and shallam hated us for it. Not entirely sure they didn't slip an agent in our midst during one of the naps though. But yeah Twilight hated our order the most we tended to wreck his plans historically speaking. I guess he figured the only way he won was blowing everything up.

One of the interesting things I noticed during Bal'met, was that in the very cool world emotes of the Gods battling the Dala'myr and what have you, when Twilight sets up a killing move, he does it by shoving the Dala'myr into a window of darkness which then closes behind the Dala'myr.  No kill, no body.  I always wondered if Twilight now has a pet Dala'myr and what he might do with it one day.  That'd be an awesome custom kill =).
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Don't give him ideas. :angry: 

• No no, please do give him ideas.  Do you have any idea how good bashing those Ormyrr were?  Please send more!
  • I'll take oh say 30 or 40 of them I have a running project I wanna try something with them.....

• I had difficulty picking between Thoth and Aeon. I actually have really solid ideas for how to build a belief structure that's actually followable for players for both of them.

In the end I picked Thoth because he's more likely to actually be played again.
  • I would be Deucalion, the Righteous Fire, and I would induct that awesome girl Quisse into my Order.  ;)
  • Quisse said:
    I would be Deucalion, the Righteous Fire, and I would induct that awesome girl Quisse into my Order.  ;)
    I am imagining you hijacking his computer while he's AFK or something, perhaps a laptop he brought to some convention, and figuring out the appropriate commands.

Which is probably the actual reality of this question - not some crazy mystical boon granted by a higher power, but literally sneaking on someone's computer and typing stuff.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited April 2015

Nim said:
    I am imagining you hijacking his computer while he's AFK or something, perhaps a laptop he brought to some convention, and figuring out the appropriate commands.

Please do!

eta: No, seriously. :(:(:(

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Halos said:

Nim said:

Please do!

eta: No, seriously. :(:(:(

I want to be a fly on the wall and watch the IC excuse that comes up and all the RP that happens for that one... Another Caerid anyone?

• So I can RP "Creation turning it's back on Targossas." For the lolz, obviously.
  • Although I would like to be Pentharian obviously for reasons I might also go with Phaestus or Prospero. I think I could pull off those rather well I mean building things and having money are two things I think I could pull off.