How old were you when you started playing Achaea?

Comments

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    I was 12 when I started playing, and I certainly acted it  :( sometimes I go back and read old character posts of mine and just absolutely cringe at the grammar.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Xax said:
    Started playing another mud by the name of Cardea when I was super young, then came to Achaea around 12ish(2001ish).  Had millions of short lived alts, went to Aetolia for a long time, heard there were ships here from an Achaea convert who felt piracy killed it, started Xax and bought a ship hours after first logging in. Haven't turned back since.

I also started playing there (in fact I met Sarapis on there and tried out Achaea via his recommendation).
  • GaiaGaia The Garden of the Gods
    Goodness. I was fifteen when I started playing Achaea. Now... I feel old.  :#

• Gaia said:
    Goodness. I was fifteen when I started playing Achaea. Now... I feel old.  :#
    This is a question I have for many years.

How old an Immortal should be to feel old?
  • HerenicusHerenicus The Western Front
    I was but a tender twenty-four, escaping from 2L horror, not knowing the risks :/
  • Aktillum said:
    I was 12 when I started playing, and I certainly acted it  :( sometimes I go back and read old character posts of mine and just absolutely cringe at the grammar.
    Yeah.. I feel ya man.
  • I was old enough to drink

water
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • However old I was when it was mentioned on "The Screensavers".
  • @Treyal That was the only period we ever crossed 1000 (mainly) new character creations in a day.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Oh. I forgot to mention... When I started playing there was still maintainence downtime. We'd be forced to QQ and spend the hour doing something else.  Except sometimes things go a little wrong so you get time warps, or Anarchaea

• Achaea. Where a pimple faced teenager can tell a 55 year old CEO, "Silence Slave!" :p

• Oooh, man. I stumbled across Achaea probably when I was 11 or 12. I had NO idea what was going on, and tried to make a character with numbers in the name. Huge thanks to Bayla and Alyssea, though for helping me get through my Sentinels Intro. It was rough. I've played through numerous characters and alts and taken breaks over the years, and I use 'over the years' loosely because I'm only 17 now. So that puts it around 5-6 years since I first started playing.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Treyal said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0X_wZZgIRyc in glorious 240p resolution for those who haven't had the fortune of seeing it. :)

Omg, Lothariel. Omg, purple brick background. I haven't used that in such a long time -- I just changed my background settings to it again, and it feels like stepping in a time machine.

12 years old, 7th grade, 2001. I think I started right around the time of 9/11..
  • Jules said:

let's just say there are a LOT of wonderful quality of life game mechanics that admin has finally made happen in the last few years as those players have truly become full-fledged adults who definitely don't have endless free time (and also just want to get the most out of the free time they do have).

At the risk of derailing this thread (which was probably dead already anyway), what mechanics would those be ?
  • Wow, there is a lot more people in the 13-16 range than I would have thought. I'm still only 14 xD Started playing when I was 13, which was...... Only a few months ago, actually.
    ''Dude, I want a horse so bad.....''
    ''Mhaldorians don't say 'dude'.''
    ''Oh.... I still want that horse.''
  • Korben said:
    Jules said:

let's just say there are a LOT of wonderful quality of life game mechanics that admin has finally made happen in the last few years as those players have truly become full-fledged adults who definitely don't have endless free time (and also just want to get the most out of the free time they do have).

At the risk of derailing this thread (which was probably dead already anyway), what mechanics would those be ?
    Reduction of XP loss from death (though they're still shying at getting rid of it entirely, or at least making it so you don't lose PvE XP from PK deaths), the fundamental change to forging that finally made artefacts viable and mean that you don't have to scout around for "decent" weapons (which was probably even worse for you if you weren't knight class, actually), and hrm, what else.  Those are actually pretty big, but I feel like I'm missing some. 
  • Been playing since 2000, when I was 15. Nothing to show for it!

I don't think it changed me, it just became another way to have fun. I knew of MUDs before I began playing Achaea: I would often laugh at a friend's MUD-playing older brother (behind his back) who stared intently at a screen of nothing but rapidly scrolling text.
  • 14... now I'm 29... oh my word I've been playing for 15 years...
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    let's see I'm 42 now I started playing about 10 or so years ago so around 32.  
  • @Carmell I can't believe I've been playing longer than you... Seriously
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

• Treyal said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0X_wZZgIRyc in glorious 240p resolution for those who haven't had the fortune of seeing it. :)

Edit: The embed doesn't want to work for whatever reason.

How did this even happen, did Leo just somehow stumble upon Achaea or did you have a hand in this happening @Sarapis.

Pretty sure this is how I heard about Achaea in the first place.
  • TillieTillie VA
    edited April 2015
    I started playing when I was thirteen or fourteen, so at least 12 years ago. Guilds and Loom Island. :) 

I needed something to play while my friend and I, at a sleepover, took turns playing Morrowind.
    Carmell said:
    let's see I'm 42 now I started playing about 10 or so years ago so around 32.  

No i'm a few years IC older then you. 
  • GawiGawi Washington
    I've been playing since I was 16, 2002... so like 12 years now. Jeesh such a long time.

• ZarlaZarla Somewhere deep within Mhaldor...
    I started when I was about 13. I remember my first character was Shallamese and I hardly learnt anything much about the game playing her because I got sucked into snuggly hug family rp every time I logged in. I didn't mind at the time (although now: *shudder*), mainly because I didn't realise there was anything else to do on Achaea. It is little wonder then, that when my char went for her first house interview, the proctor asked, "What is Good?" and she replied, "Uhhh.... being nice?"
    I cringe every time I think about it.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Zarla said:
    I started when I was about 13. I remember my first character was Shallamese and I hardly learnt anything much about the game playing her because I got sucked into snuggly hug family rp every time I logged in. I didn't mind at the time (although now: *shudder*), mainly because I didn't realise there was anything else to do on Achaea. It is little wonder then, that when my char went for her first house interview, the proctor asked, "What is Good?" and she replied, "Uhhh.... being nice?"

oh jesus, shallam at 13, someone burn those memories out of my mind!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Zarla said:

Wait was it me, Ferrous, or Jenn that did that interview?...

edited May 2015
    Kakotas said:
    Zarla said:

Wait was it me, Ferrous, or Jenn that did that interview?...

I asked that question so many times either for the Magi or for the Priests and the expected answer for each guild was different.  Good times.

@Kakatos I was looking at something earlier and realized I'd actually been playing since February of 2002.  Just hit 13 years.  Wow