Europa Universalis IV (and other Paradox titles! :3)

13»

Comments

• *drool*
  • I am reserving my hype about Stellaris for when some actual information about the game is released.

I do find it amusing how Stellaris already has a steam page, but Hearts of Iron IV does not(and how long have we known about HoI4?).
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • meh      
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Man, this thread makes me want to play so baaaaadly. But my computer sucks at supporting games ;_;

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Would anyone be interested in an EU4 multiplayer session, perhaps 4 hours weekly?
  • @erasariel @iseria and myself already do a weekly EU4 MP. Today(wednesday) actually. The length we play is sometimes sporadic, because, real life... and it's also PvE, we're all co-operating, because, that's how we roll :P You're free to join us, I usually start up lobby at 4:30pm Eastern US time. Lobby name is Team Achaea, Internet Police and the password is always uguu.

We're using custom nations, so, you'll have to either pick one of the existing custom nations, or wait until we're all in before you can make a custom nation(since it blocks anyone from joining after a custom nation is created, and there are a couple of pre-existing custom nations because I was bored while waiting for everyone in the first session).

We're also not playing on the beta patch, so, unless 1.13 is released officially between now and 4:30 EST, then we'll be on 1.12 ... ... and we also play on speed 1... I tried speed 2, we had laggers, so, speed 1. Lookin' at you @iseria

@amranu for targetting purposes.
  • 1.12 is essentially unplayable for me, performance wise. 1.13 was a huge boost to performance, I'll pass unless you guys feel like updating.
  • Anyone getting Stellaris? A couple friends and I are immediately going to try jumping into a multiplayer campaign if anyone would like to join us.
  • Just waiting for the game to unlock on Monday. Pre-ordered it as soon as the pre-order was made available. I've got a couple potential MP first day runs already, so, I dunno what I'm doing on Monday in regards to Stellaris yet XD
  • Okay so, I've played Crusader Kings before.. and utterly failed at it many times. I don't think there was enough tutorial.

With Stellaris, is there a decent tutorial?
  • Better UI with Stellaris and there is an AI character that talks to you and explains everything. It walks you through the start, gives info on every page and pop-up and the game has story elements with multiple paths that help guide you.
  • Yeah, the tutorial is pretty good. It's annoying to me, but I already know how to play paradox gsgs anyway XD Even the "light" tutorial waas annoying for me, mostly because, "yeah yeah, I already know that, stop talking."
  • I found space poop. Gigantic space poop the size of an asteroid.
  • edited May 2016
    I infiltrated the government of some industrial-age space llamas. My species were all space lizards at this point.

One of my infiltrating lizards fell in love, and eloped, with a local space llama ... it was awkward. Mostly because he defected and interfered with my infiltration.
  • I'm impressed by how often the game has made me laugh with the writing.

Well done.
  • Damn it, I want to get it now but I don't want to pay $40 for it
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • edited May 2016
    Installing Stellaris on steam right this moment! add [KP] Sluggie if you wanna play
  • Aww, I just realized there is a EUIV thread and got all excited, just to learn its from last year and you lot are moving on to the new game. :(
  • Installing Stellaris. Prepare for onslaught of questions
  • edited May 2016
    Goryllin said:
    Aww, I just realized there is a EUIV thread and got all excited, just to learn its from last year and you lot are moving on to the new game. :(
    I'm sure we'll all play EU4 again(forgot the again), but Stellaris is like, super-shiny new! Tin foil sparkles and all that. :3
  • Fucking pirates!
  • edited May 2016
    I just picked up Stellaris -- bloodshedx on steam (shows up as warrior, dude in red fedora)

Newbie at paradox games but it's an exorbant amount of fun. Only played SP so far.