Because I've found it somewhat awkward finding this type of information in-game, I figure this is a good place for it. I'm going to just throw out a few questions, and if you guys could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. I would also like to gather information on basic class strategies, as I don't really understand a lot of how certain classes function so I'd like this to be a basic reference for what each class is trying to do to achieve its kill sequence.
1. I use SVO. Should I use the server-side curing with SVO? I tried it once, it didn't seem to work very well, so maybe I did something wrong. Does SVO automatically track afflictions and update priorities with server-side? Do I need to do something? Does SVO accurately predict afflictions and whatnot with server-side?
2. Regarding updating priorities through SVO: For SVO users, are you creating scenario-specific aliases or affliction specific aliases, somewhat like the default PVA alias? Or do you use scripting to create custom scenarios that switch for you?
3. Active curing. Basically same question as above: what is the most efficient way to manage using active cures? Scripted use dependent on what class I'm fighting? Or just carefully watching my afflictions and trying to use it then? I feel like, for the sake of efficiency, I should script it through SVO so that I don't end up trying to spam bloodboil when I have something that prevents it, and it also lets me focus on doing important things like think about whether or not I should run away. So, basically, do more people script active cures into their curing, or do they manual them?
4. When should I use restore?
5. When is it appropriate to use Tree tattoo? I seriously don't know anything about curing.
6. Priority advice. Any offered is appreciated.
Individual classes: Mostly, I just want to understand the most basic concepts of what affliction classes are doing to me. I don't have enough time to log in and get spars against various classes and work on reviewing logs and working on improving my system and whatnot to collect this information in game. Some of it I can access through clanhelp and house files, but it's much more convenient to read through it on forums during breaks at work and then when I'm able to log in I can spend my time either working to use the information I learn or doing things I enjoy in game. So any "learn it in-game" answers should not be given in this thread.
I understand the basic concepts for limb prep classes, but classes like Alchemist, Serpent, Apostate, SnB, Bard, Jester, Occultist, Shaman, Sentinel (I think), I have no idea what they're doing to me. Not even sure where to start as far as priorities and whatnot, so any advise is appreciated., even if it's just a basic description of what they do and how to counter it. Or pointing me in the right direction.