I've already begun building the backbone of this, but I'd much rather take this public, leave it open-sourced, free, and get some other people to help me build and manage it.
I'm building a dummy system that allows you to "simulate" your offense against it.
The concept(s) are:
- Normal: The system reacts as the game itself would, in real-time.
- Fast: the game steps through combat 10ms at a time at CPU speed (allowing you to run like 10 simulations of a pre-set or automated offense against the sim).
- Slow: Practice like you're in a debugger. The game freezes on every balance (or optionally, just have everything occur 2-5 times slower than normal, allowing you to practice more intelligently and slowly increase the speed up to normal once you're more comfortable and experienced.
Cures exactly like Ahaea cures, including active cure scenarios, class abilities, passives. The system knows which affliction it cured, but you do not. This results in every "run" being different even with the same curing and offense scripting. Ideally it would also include diagnoses, tricks, and possibly even simulated illusions (down the road).
Three choices I'm considering for output:
- Output in Mudlet window
- Outputs an XML/HTML file of a simulated fight (would now support realtime control)
- A telnet client hosted on a server that people can actually log into and use.
I'm not necessarily going to be "in charge" but I'll probably be doing a bunch of coding. So far I'm doing everything in collabedit, all in LUA.
Please shoot me a PM or message in game if you'd like some more details or would like to get involved in the coding.