where do you live: not as creepy as you think

Show the forums what your city, or hood, or local scenery looks like. I've always kind of pictured the IG geography based on stuff I know from the region I grew up in, and I would wager others do too. So, what's stuff look like where you're from?

I got a really pretty city. 

And two sets of mountain ranges, plus ocean. 

And rainforests. Rainforests are baller, especially when they aren't the kind that involve massive or venomous spiders.

Pretty cool stuff, but it's mostly all I've known. What kind of awesome stuff is in your neck of the woods?
Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"

Comments

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Damnit. @Sarapis could you move this to the Membrane section? I switched up my windows while posting and didn't mean to put this here.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Moved!
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Same area as you Aodfionn, but a bit more north. Yeah... certain areas of Achaea, based on their descriptions, remind me of Washington a lot.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I'll take some pictures in a couple weeks to show off my new hood! 

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    aha @Sarapis and his photographical wizardry do a pretty fair job of capturing the local terrain, perhaps he'll share some more of his Marin County snaps.

• Jovolo said:
    My hometown is not nearly as impressive as most of yours. I live in a village nearly an hour north of London. The village itself is relatively quiet, and the 'town' is about ten minutes outside of the village:

Our local church. I think Henry the Eighth got married there. 

Living close to the countryside, we have a lot of fields... Here is one of those with a very old tribute to Richard the Lionheart. 

And my actual village. It's pretty small :P 

Everything above is pretty much the reason I love traveling to America, which is so much larger in scale in practically every single way. Speaking of which! I'm visiting my girlfriend in Ohio in 6 weeks, so if anyone is around the area and feels like hanging out one day/evening, let me know.

Oh my god... Jovolo... that's Dunstable!!
    I grew up in downside and houghton regis... 

• edited January 2015
    Picture I took from the escarpment (what we call 'The Mountain')

Picture I took across the little bay there, in a nature reserve in part of the city:

Same area

Image I found online facing towards the escarpment - the park where I took the first picture is to the top right

• edited January 2015

Having stalked Jovolo by accident... the above pics are my super local area, 10 minute walk from  my house (though in opposite directions) 

and this is a 10 minute bus ride away 
    and the view from my last job

• edited January 2015
    Oh wow! Haha. Small world. Still in the UK?

The 2nd pic looks like the Luton hoo.
  • edited January 2015
    Ruth said:
    Overview of Singapore from my administration building:

• Aodfionn said:

And two sets of mountain ranges, plus ocean. 

Three mountain ranges, four lakes and a motherfucking Sound. (I actually don't know what third range that guy meant to include. Maybe he was claiming one of the BC ones, or maybe he just thinks Rainier is its own range.)
  • Jovolo said:
    Oh wow! Haha. Small world. Still in the UK?

The 2nd pic looks like the Luton hoo.
    Nottingham. The second one is Wollaton hall... or Batmans house

• KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    I don't have any real pictures to speak of, but I live in the same place that the movie Gone Girl was filmed. Go watch that and if you want a glimpse. The clock in the opening sequence is right in the center of downtown for us.

• The Park where all the fun stuff happens!

And of course the Mystery house!

• Yeah buddy, does your city have an island that looks like a boat? No? Didn't think so!

Then again, sometimes it looks like this.
  • Melodie said:
    Despite not quite being where I want to be the rest of my life, I can't deny that I live in a pretty area.

Would that last picture happen to be Lake Eola. Looks REALLY familiar and it would save me from having to look for pictures to post.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Hilariously enough, after a lot of looking around, I think it is. That's about three hours from me, then. Whoops! It looked like it was taken from the Saint Lucie River, from that view. I got tricked.

To make up for it, have a more accurate picture:

My town has a river, and then a very thin stretch of sandbars and small isles that separate the river from the ocean. This is an inlet that's about twenty minutes away from my house, and while quite dangerous to boat in, it is quite beautiful.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Jovolo said:
    so if anyone is around the area and feels like hanging out one day/evening, let me know.
    wtb lol button pst

• No one can stop my reign of bail-outs
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    You all live in such nice places...

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    You all live in such nice places...
    Do you live in dirt?