Help, possibly?

DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
So, I don't often ask for help, besides with coding... But, this is something beyond my abilities. You can ask a few people near to me, and they'll regale you with stories of a sad Daslin. I, well, I do not at all understand how I'm supposed to ask for said help, but here goes.

My ma just had a stroke, and can't return to work. As it stands, I can't pay all the bills on my one job, and I work hours that stop me from finding a second. It's the holiday season and I know money is tight for everyone, but we could use a little help. Her co-worker set up this website to help us through the next few months. If anyone has a moment and a little extra, I would be really super grateful. I'll figure a way to pay each of you back, even if it's just like, a poem or something. Anything is a help, and I'm kinda at my wits end trying to figure this out. I'm going to stop typing because I feel like I'm begging/groveling, and I don't wanna piss anyone off.

Thank you,
Seth

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/help-sharon-while-she-is-recovering-from-a-stroke-/281488#.VJmQp7IlJIR.facebook

Comments

• I love the Daslin. ^_^

• Sorry to hear about your mom @Daslin‌. Please keep us updated on how everything goes.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Well, currently, she's got an occupational therapist stopping in daily to help get her used to things and slowly build back muscle and such. She has gotten.... upset and in bad states of mind though, I can safely say it's scary as hell to see your parent give up. But, no worries, I'm a resourceful man, Just gotta distract her mind a bit, y'know. She already steadier on her feet, from what I can see.(that's apparently amazing, being less than a month out from stroke) Seeing as I work basically the entire time she's awake, I've yet to see the therapy and all though. Anyways, I gotta get back to working on these here cars.
  • Daslin said:
    Well, currently, she's got an occupational therapist stopping in daily to help get her used to things and slowly build back muscle and such. She has gotten.... upset and in bad states of mind though, I can safely say it's scary as hell to see your parent give up. But, no worries, I'm a resourceful man, Just gotta distract her mind a bit, y'know. She already steadier on her feet, from what I can see.(that's apparently amazing, being less than a month out from stroke) Seeing as I work basically the entire time she's awake, I've yet to see the therapy and all though. Anyways, I gotta get back to working on these here cars.
    I've been there, Das. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you. Kaie and I wish you and your mother the best holiday possible with lots of recovery and healing in the new year. 
    Two small thank yous coming your way in a short time.
    Alright, to be honest, I feel a little better now that I've said thanks. I may try to do daily stuff just to keep my sanity or something.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Daslin said:
    Alright, to be honest, I feel a little better now that I've said thanks. I may try to do daily stuff just to keep my sanity or something.
    Try writing to help purge and cope. I was out of the country when my pops had his stroke on the job site, ended up falling off of some scaffolding. I couldn't even get back until three months later, but luckily my sister was able to go stay with him through the recovery. It's never easy man, and sorry to hear your mom and you are going through this, and hope she makes a quick recovery.

Been a little quiet these past few days. Ma has a doctors appointment today due to elevated blood pressure, so they're checking that particular medication, along with other things. She's still trying to have that positive tone, though. 
    New video update coming when I get connected back to good internet. Hope you lot are having a good day.
  • Systolic/Diastolic

• Daslin says he's sorry for his ADD

plsdontbanme <3
    meh

• edited January 2015
    No, that is not an ironic like, good luck with your mom and the ADD.  ADD can be a bit broad, and I don't know the nature of yours, but for lack of a more specific category, the psychiatrist who administered my neuropsych put my conditions under the ADD umbrella as well (I finally got properly tested at almost 40, explained a lot for me).  As you no doubt know, what they look for are large gaps in performance on the various tests - most especially a comparitively poor processing speed and/or working memory.  Mine was ridiculous.  I have the processing speed of a borderline retarded person (so I am kind of an idiot, heh).  Meds help somewhat.  For example, now that I take meds, I would be able to drive 6-8 hours without having to take a nap, provided I was sleeping as I should, etc... Before meds, even if I felt great when I got up, I had to know when to pull over on a trip like that or I would have been downright dangerous.  Fun stuff.  Lots of military (and seems like lots of Achaeans) with these kinds of frustrating conditions.  Wish I could say it gets easier (although it's nice at least knowing).  
    Plot twist: She becomes a top tier fighter, mercs people for a year, and then her identity is revealed. 

• The Big Reveal being...she's Dajio?
  • She also plays a mean game of Cards against Humanity

Bluef said:
    The Big Reveal being...she's Dajio?
    Don't you wish that evil upon us.

• Whaaaaat.

Dude, that's rough - I had no idea this happened/is happening.

..Wait, did she give us permission to kick your ass? :smirk: