IRE Browser Plugin (Chrome vs Firefox)

KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
So I use the IRE add-on for both Chrome (at home) and Firefox (at work). I've noticed that the Firefox version actually displays a live updating toolbar under the bookmarks bar, but the Chrome version just seems to be an add-on button you click to access news, messages, and logs. Are there plans to update the Chrome add-on to replicate the convenient and constantly updating display of the Firefox version? The FF version also gives quick access to the Flash/Nexus versions of the client, as well as being able to keep track of what's going on in realms (e.g. new messages, news, logs, and the live feed) while you might be alt-tabbed or otherwise away from the realms.

@Tecton @Sarapis

Best Answer

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Accepted Answer
    We're looking into a complete overhaul of our player-facing API, and as part of that, we'll be updating our browser addons to suit!

Answers

• Kresslack said:
    So I use the IRE add-on for both Chrome (at home) and Firefox (at work). I've noticed that the Firefox version actually displays a live updating toolbar under the bookmarks bar, but the Chrome version just seems to be an add-on button you click to access news, messages, and logs. Are there plans to update the Chrome add-on to replicate the convenient and constantly updating display of the Firefox version? The FF version also gives quick access to the Flash/Nexus versions of the client, as well as being able to keep track of what's going on in realms (e.g. new messages, news, logs, and the live feed) while you might be alt-tabbed or otherwise away from the realms.

@Tecton @Sarapis
    The chrome addon also has links to the HTML5/Flash/Nexus clients, but you might have to scroll down to see them if your list of news sections is too long (I actually only just now realized those links were there, for that reason). Not sure what the rest of the bolded is referring to; the Chrome version also gives you access to those things, except for the live feed (though granted, it's slower to update). 
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Eld said:
    Kresslack said:

@Tecton @Sarapis
    The chrome addon also has links to the HTML5/Flash/Nexus clients, but you might have to scroll down to see them if your list of news sections is too long (I actually only just now realized those links were there, for that reason). Not sure what the rest of the bolded is referring to; the Chrome version also gives you access to those things, except for the live feed (though granted, it's slower to update). 
    Yeah they pretty much give you access to the same things, but the FF version puts it into a toolbar to where you can just glance up and see, "Oh, I have a new message!" and click it to read, compared to not seeing those updates as they happen in Chrome, due to it being hidden away in a button.

• Holy what, theres an IRE plugin?
  • Dalran said:
    Holy what, theres an IRE plugin?
    totally

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Dalran said:
    Holy what, theres an IRE plugin?
    Yep, just search for your browser's add-ons.

• OceanaOceana North Sea
    I find the Chrome version better suited for a work environment. Especially in open space offices.  o:)