Art Commissions

Comments

• edited July 2018
    Are you taking commissions? Your art is beautiful!
  • YaeYae
    edited November 2019
    Hi! I don't know if anyone is still interested, but I am opening one commission slot for RL money and one doodle slot for credits. Sorry to people were waiting for a reply in messages, dunno if you guys are still interested after a year.  :scream:

Please send details through messages with character description, some clothes (not drawing all your artefacts!), references (previous drawings, item references, if needed), and persona/pose. Credits or RL monies.

Credits limited to one character! And payment for both equals to how much you think the end result is worth.

I am trying to firmly stick to my slot openings this time, but this isn't first come first serve. If you've messaged me previously and I haven't done yours, you can tell me all previous info is still workable. I may open further slots once done!  :#
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • Yae said:
     RL monies.

Pretty sure this is against ToS. 

• Austere said:
    Yae said:
     RL monies.

Pretty sure this is against ToS. 
    Unless something changed, it shouldn't be. There might be a rule against advertising it on forums, but requesting an art commission on a self conceptualized character that might also exist in Achaea's realm shouldn't violate the ToS.
  • Is it? This thread has existed for a while for both RL commissions and credit commissions. I've seen others do it, too, without staff input, but I'll stop if it is.  :skull:
  • Yae said:
    Is it? This thread has existed for a while for both RL commissions and credit commissions. I've seen others do it, too, without staff input, but I'll stop if it is.  :skull:
    It's definitely worth looking into just to be safe.  I know we're not allowed to sell code, but that could be because it contains trigger lines that are Achaean. I wanna say @Cooper knew something about this, but I could be wrong. Either way, safer than sorry. 

Characters are the intellectual property of ire, same as designs and things they might be wearing.  Doesn't hurt my feelings either way, just don't wanna see you get smacked down later on. 
  • Cooper said:
    Hi Tonin,

The below was posted in some "selling healing energy" thread, but might apply to you! You don't say if the price is in credits or $, but the "rights" part implies real money.

The picture above here is a snip, posting this so people don't get too confused and think Nicola posted in this thread too.

Since I'm bored at work, I checked back and found this in another thread and.. I dunno. 

• It is definitely against ToS, but not sure if admin would crack down on this or not. They've generally been pretty relaxed on enforcing that part of the ToS. The healing energy got smacked down because it was insane. I do like to let people know it isn't technically okay though so they don't get surprised by a ban or warning.

• Okay! Then consider this thread closed.  :cookie:
  • Yae said:
    Okay! Then consider this thread closed.  :cookie:
    You should probably email support to get an actual ruling before you stop taking commissions. I know I enjoy seeing cool artwork, just don't want anyone getting smacked over it. 
  • Definitely might be a violation for using the forums to advertise, since those are considered part of the Services, but the ToS makes a distinction between Character and Services. Afaik commissions based on your Character are still fine.

1. Our Services.
    Achaea is a multiplayer, Internet-based, persistent game that allows you to assume a fictional persona ("Character") and participate in the provided world, plots, and other in-game activities. There is also a website closely tied to the game. (collectively, "Services").
  • Could always seek written permission as per tos.
  • Only the “real life $” bit is technically against TOS. That’s so easily gamed if you really wanted to though. Seems minor to worry with character commissions imo.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Tahquil said:
    Could always seek written permission as per tos.
    This. Just email and ask. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes of time, and if you include artwork, you might even get some official commissions. Everyone, including admin, love some fresh new artwork. 
  • Definitely don't stop without at least contacting them first, IMO this type of thing only helps Achaea.

• I sent an email. We'll see what happens!
  • Been a bit since I've checked forums, I thought I might throw in a few things in for the sake of artsy people who might see this in the future and wonder whats okay in terms of commissions:

Based on communications I have had with admins on the topic, from what I understand, art coms are mostly okay as long as you aren't reselling stuff. Like, as long as its a one time deal. I had to ask about policy once, related to the possibility of taking player commissions for Achaean maps, since that seamed a bit different than character art, which has economic value mostly only because it is meaningful to the customer. (Rather than art featuring things are the bread and butter of a games intellectual property, like geography.) When I stated my question in those terms, they responded in terms that suggested that they are aware and comfortable with the typical player character art commissions, and appreciate communication before commissions of a different scale are made. 

But also, just asking them is always the best way to go, which was already mentioned in previous posts. Because legally, when you make the choice to draw someone else's intellectual property, that image technically is not your property. 

Y'all feel free to clarify if I messed anything up. This is just my own observations/experiences, which is not all encompassing.

• Since it's all good, I'm looking to place a commission when you have the time, please!
  • Yae said:

It's a @Minifie !

I DECIDED TO EXPERIMENT... /arm breaks/ Please don't expect this sort of thing from me again. Unless you don't mind wait decades. :scream:
    This was totally worth the surrendering my second-born for! Thank you @yae not only for the art, but the amazing commentary along the way!
  • Minifie said: This was totally worth the surrendering my second-born for! 
    Hey!!  :'(
  • Plak said:
    Minifie said: This was totally worth the surrendering my second-born for! 
    Hey!!  :'(
    Next time: knock the payment out first.
  • Well shit, now I can't really say Aegoth didn't bang Mini :(
  • So pretty, that's a wonderful piece!
  • Yae said:

It's a @Minifie !

I DECIDED TO EXPERIMENT... /arm breaks/ Please don't expect this sort of thing from me again. Unless you don't mind wait decades. :scream:
    Shotgun!

• Yae said:

It's a @Minifie !

Dang. I gotta move to Mhaldor.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• We dangle @Minifie in front of all the new slaves as a possible reward.

What they don't know is that she actually just kills them. 

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• The real question is how she keeps her dress so clean with all the blood and gore around 
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    The real question is how she keeps her dress so clean with all the blood and gore around 
    The real reason she was arguing for persisting illusions, revealed at last.