Artifact sheaths/scabbards.

So, I was talking with @Melodie about getting a couple of sheaths and customizing them, along with making them non-decay. She let me know that unfortunately, you can't have them non-decay and then put Stasis on them, which is a pretty standard thing for stuff like sheaths, belt loops and so forth.

So, I thought it'd be awesome to have an artifact sheath you can purchase that, by virtue of being an artifact, is non-decay and can then be customized and enchanted with stasis. The Stasis effect would have a timer on it, requiring it to be renewed when it runs out, but would allow a person to continue to customize their characters attire and accessories.

This isn't gamebreaking, as we are already permitted stasis scabbards/belt loops, but is purely for cosmetic stuff.

I'd buy two!

Viva la Bluef.

Comments

• Either this, or making the enchantment itself fade (lasting just long enough that any decaying scabbard will decay first, or only fading from nondecay items if that's possible) so it can be put on any nondecay/resetting scabbards without affecting the enchantment market.
  • You can't enchant a non-decay scabbard? I know you can't go the other way (making an enchanted item non-decay), but last I checked you could enchant non-decay items (such as putting waterwalking on non-decay boots). Did that change, or is stasis an exception?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    From what I understand it's actually impossible in some form - maybe the item doesn't enchant if non-decay or something? I'm not exactly sure but I was told this was a thing, and by fact I've never seen/heard of anything with it after all this time, I assumed it was true.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • As I understand it, you can't enchant on customized items. Artefacts are fine. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's also doable to just have an enchanted item first and then have it customized.
    From HELP CUSTOMISATIONS:

NON-DECAY     Your item never decays (NOTE: this does NOT mean it can
                            never be destroyed).
                   - Furniture is ok for this.
                   - No forged items. No quest items.
                   - No enchanted items.
                   - Artefacts are already NON-DECAY.
                   - A few items are already NON-DECAY.
                   - Can be purchased without RESETTING.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited September 2014
    This is a new one on me.  I have enchanted a few scabbards and had them made non-decay.  Didn't know this was against the rules, but it was approved twice for me. 

Edit: do an issue me.  I am going to feel bad if the people I sold them to get retroactively nerfed.
  • Melodie said:
    From HELP CUSTOMISATIONS:

NON-DECAY     Your item never decays (NOTE: this does NOT mean it can
                            never be destroyed).
                   - Furniture is ok for this.
                   - No forged items. No quest items.
                   - No enchanted items.
                   - Artefacts are already NON-DECAY.
                   - A few items are already NON-DECAY.
                   - Can be purchased without RESETTING.
    Right, you can't make an enchanted item non-decay, but last I checked, enchanting non-decay items was fine; the order matters.

Austere said:
    This is a new one on me.  I have enchanted a few scabbards and had them made non-decay.  Didn't know this was against the rules, but it was approved twice for me. 

Edit: do an issue me.  I am going to feel bad if the people I sold them to get retroactively nerfed.
    Did you enchant them before making them non-decay? I was under the impression that was mechanically impossible.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited September 2014
    They were enchanted before being made non-decay.  @Tecton‌ halp, am I in trouble? 

Edit:someone tag,  my phone is being a bully and won't let me edit that portion
  • I just enchanted water walking into some artefact boots a few days ago for Seftin.

• @Austere wants halp @Tecton

Put up the godsignal!

Also, huh, as an occultist I'd never considered that blademasters and such would get their sheathes enchanted with stasis, although that does make perfect sense in hindsight, especially if you got a sword name you wanted to keep for as long as possible.
    Luckily for Blademasters, an artefact band also non-decays the sword, which makes it less of an issue down the road for them. Not so luckily for knights, serpents and others who want an interesting sheathe of sorts, still an annoying issue.
    Maybe there was a rule change we didn't know about! :open_mouth: 
  • EldEld
    edited September 2014
    Could have changed with the automation of non-decay customisations.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I had recently issued myself about non-decay scabbards and stasis when Kadin made the class change to runewarden. I knew about the rule of not being able to non-decay a scabbard that already has stasis on it, so I asked if it was allowed to put stasis on a scabbard that was non-decay before the enchantment. The reply I got said no, it is not allowed to work in either scenario. I don't have the message anymore, but I think I forwarded it to Kadin so I can maybe ask for him to check later when he comes back around.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    I had recently issued myself about non-decay scabbards and stasis when Kadin made the class change to runewarden. I knew about the rule of not being able to non-decay a scabbard that already has stasis on it, so I asked if it was allowed to put stasis on a scabbard that was non-decay before the enchantment. The reply I got said no, it is not allowed to work in either scenario. I don't have the message anymore, but I think I forwarded it to Kadin so I can maybe ask for him to check later when he comes back around.
    9/08/16:40 Forwarded message originally from Meletus on 9/08/16:35: Greetings! In regard to issue 69984, it is impossible to enchant a non-decay scabbard with stasis. Sorry!
  • So, we've established that these would be an awesome idea and that there's definitely a market for them!

Make it so @Tecton!

Viva la Bluef.
  • I would have thought that the "no enchanted items" would apply to created items like NoP, bags of status, sigils, etc.

I see no reason why any non decay item wouldn't take an enchantment. It should just have a 100 month lifespan (iirc) just like water walking on Dex boots.
  • Tecton said:
    Actually, lots of changes coming in this area Soon!

• Jukilian said:
    I would have thought that the "no enchanted items" would apply to created items like NoP, bags of status, sigils, etc.

I see no reason why any non decay item wouldn't take an enchantment. It should just have a 100 month lifespan (iirc) just like water walking on Dex boots.
    Dunno if actual artefact boots are different from tailored boots customised with non-decay, but the waterwalking enchant on mine (tailored, customised) hasn't faded since I got it 2-3 RL years ago.
  • I got buckawns boots enchanted in February. Still walking on water like I was Jesus on a daily basis 
  • edited September 2014
    This clearly must change to provide more market for Magi!