Destiny

Anyone else playing Destiny? I'm playing on the Xbox One and would be interested in playing with anybody. Gamertag: BurningTrogdor

Comments

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    I have it on PS4. If anyone else does, add AmanuNailo

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    PS4: Datyriam
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    @Gaia‌
    What system are you playing it on?

• @Gaia @Amanu‌
    Anyone that has it on 360, hit me up. Tag is SheepMan1031.
  • I have it on 360. Ersatz Haderach.

Can I just say that keeping all the flavor-text info on their freakin' website, even as they require you to download 5 gigs of stuff to your HDD, is extremely lazy and annoying?

The visual design and music are breathtaking, though.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    I only have it on PS4

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I keep hearing there's no actual storyline to this game. Fact or fiction?

• Fiction. I'm ollowing the story line missions now.
  • Consoles are for dirty peasants!

Grrrr I'm so elitist!

Viva la Bluef.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Kresslack said:
    I keep hearing there's no actual storyline to this game. Fact or fiction?
    at first glance, it might seem there's no actual depth to the storyline. But the more you read the grimoire cards, the more you realize, just how wrong you are.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• It's really grown on me. I think this actually represents a problem that is going to keep coming up with the video game industry if they're going to continue making DLC and multiplayer events a huge part of the game. The game has two "problems" that make it difficult to review or make a decision about until several hours of play: 1) most of the engaging gameplay options are unlocked only after trudging through some repetitive stages, and 2) it really is more like an MMORPG than it was advertised by Bungie. Most game reviewers will tell you that it's difficult to review an MMORPG, especially when they first begin, because it's a game in the making, not a true finished product.

I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing that 3-6+ hours of gameplay are necessary to really hook someone, but it's what I experienced.
  • NylithNylith Beaverton, OR
    Ainaon said:
    Most game reviewers will tell you that it's difficult to review an MMORPG, especially when they first begin, because it's a game in the making, not a true finished product.

This has been my experience as well. I've now put some 32+ hours into it. I'm level 25 with one piece of elite gear (elite sniper rifle) and all my other gear is Legendary. I'm hooked. It reminds me of my World of Warcraft days. Always just grinding away towards the next piece of gear. I think Destiny right now is not how Destiny will look in 2-3 years and I like the potential. If nothing else, at least the multiplayer is fun and getting together with some bros(or gals) and doing strike missions is pretty sweet. Still looking forward to my first raid.
  • Been playing since alpha really kinda stopped as all my friends but I'll gladly add all yall
  • PS4 : MaverickAK

Add me! 

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein