Queue balanceless to fire AFTER balance consumed

AktillumAktillum Philippines
edited September 2014 in The Golden Dais of Creation
I'm having problems with the queueing system. It fires balanceless actions before you've regained balance, even if the balanceless action comes after a balanced action on an alias, making it useless for chaining commands that utilize a balance + balanceless action combination. For example:

I'm attempting to dstab and purge, then secrete and bite, then purge and dstab. When ran through server-side queueing, it instead does dstab and purge, secrete and purge, bite, dstab.

I've been told to "just use SVO" for queueing, but the point of server-side queueing was to make slow-pinged players equally competitive. The way it works as outlined above, however, makes it a bit unusable for that purpose.

Comments

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited September 2014
    Here's a log of the exact problem.

In this log, I am sending flay rebounding, purge dstab, secrete bite, purge dstab. What actually happens is an entirely different story:

You flay away Iakimen's aura of rebounding defence.
    With your victim exposed, you crack an iron-tipped whip back for a second assault.

You purge every drop of venom from your bloodstream.
    You must regain balance first.
    dstab iakimen gecko curare was added to your balance queue.

You feel the power of the venom curare flowing through your veins.
    bite iakimen was added to your balance queue.

dstab iakimen curare kalmia was added to your balance queue.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    [System]: Running queued balance command: DSTAB IAKIMEN GECKO CURARE
    You secrete gecko and deftly bring an assassin's dirk to your mouth, letting the venom drip upon it.
    You secrete curare and deftly bring an assassin's dirk to your mouth, letting the venom drip upon it.
    You prick Iakimen twice in rapid succession with your dirk.
    Horror overcomes Iakimen's face as his body stiffens into paralysis.
    The protective coating covering the skin of Iakimen sloughs off.

[System]: Running queued balance command: BITE IAKIMEN
    bite iakimen was added to your balance queue.

[System]: Running queued balance command: DSTAB IAKIMEN CURARE KALMIA

[System]: Running queued balance command: BITE IAKIMEN

You bite into Iakimen harmlessly, seeing that you have no poison in your fangs.

You secrete curare and deftly bring an assassin's dirk to your mouth, letting the venom drip upon it.
    You secrete kalmia and deftly bring an assassin's dirk to your mouth, letting the venom drip upon it.
    You prick Iakimen twice in rapid succession with your dirk.
    Horror overcomes Iakimen's face as his body stiffens into paralysis.

• Are you just entering the commands while off balance rather than adding them to the queue?

If you use PURGE while off balance, of course it's not going to queue it. If it did, you could never use it while off balance, even though it's an ability that can be used off balance.

If you use QUEUE ADD EQBAL PURGE, though, it should do what you want.

Though, you also seem to be trying to do multiple attacks on one balance. You can't just queue three different balance attacks at once (like dstab, bite, dstab). You have to do dstab, then after you use the dstab, queue bite, then after you use the bite, queue dstab.

edited September 2014
    I was just entering 3 aliases, while on balance, in one fell swoop. These aliases:

bcu         secrete curare/bite &tar
    gecu        purge/dstab &tar gecko curare
    cuka        purge/dstab &tar curare kalmia

So I was basically entering gecu;bcu;cuka into my prompt. I was under the assumption that queueing would just go through each alias on balance. Maybe because of the way I'm chaining those aliases, it is doing purge before the bite, because the purge is balanceless. I just want it go through each alias the way they're ordered :/

I'll fool around with it more.

• Instead of gecu;bcu;cuka do:
    queue add eqbal gecu;queue add eqbal bcu;queue add eqbal cuka
    problem solved (well, not entirely since this would be stopped if you get paralyzed or bound on bal regain, but this will fix the order you were trying to have). Play around with the actual cq/queue add/prepend commands a bit and you'll see it works fine. 
  • Why don't Serpents have "bite <person> <venom>" command?

• One serious problem I've found with queueing is the effect it has on Monk combos that hit shields.

What's expected: I queue "combo @tar sdk ucp ucp", the kick hits shields, the action leaves the queue.

What happens: I queue "combo @tar sdk ucp ucp", the kick hits shields, on balance "combo @tar ucp ucp" hits shields, on next balance "ucp @tar" hits shields, the action leaves the queue.

I guess the queueing system treats "combo @tar (kick) (punch) (punch)" as "(kick) @tar;(punch) @tar;(punch) @tar" for some reason.
  • Bukariin said:
    One serious problem I've found with queueing is the effect it has on Monk combos that hit shields.

What's expected: I queue "combo @tar sdk ucp ucp", the kick hits shields, the action leaves the queue.

What happens: I queue "combo @tar sdk ucp ucp", the kick hits shields, on balance "combo @tar ucp ucp" hits shields, on next balance "ucp @tar" hits shields, the action leaves the queue.

I guess the queueing system treats "combo @tar (kick) (punch) (punch)" as "(kick) @tar;(punch) @tar;(punch) @tar" for some reason.
    Are you actually doing "queue eqbal combo @tar sdk ucp ucp", or are you just doing "combo @tar sdk ucp ucp" while off balance and letting it autoqueue? If it's the latter, it might be that the combo command is getting expanded to the separate commands before getting sent to the queueing system, so that the queueing system just sees three commands and queues them as expected. If you're explicitly QUEUEing it, that sounds like a bug. Probably wouldn't hurt to BUG it either way, actually.
  • Yeah, it's the latter.

So "queue" is an actual command I can do?  Can I do it on balance as well as off-balance?
  • EldEld
    edited September 2014
    Syntax: QUEUE LIST
            QUEUE PREPEND <BAL|EQ|EQBAL> <command>
            QUEUE ADD <BAL|EQ|EQBAL|CLASS> <command>
            QUEUE REPLACE <BAL|EQ|EQBAL> <index> <command>

Should be able to do it any time, not affected by aeon/retardation, amnesia, etc. Not sure if the fact that class balance is only listed for QUEUE ADD means that you can't prepend or replace with it or whether that's just an oversight in help file; I'd assume the latter.
    edited September 2014
    Okay so @Josoul suggestion worked, but only if I actually did "queue add eqbal gecu". It stopped working once I put "queue add eqbal" inside the aliases...let me show log.

4515h, 4200m, 20400e, 18900w cexk-queue add eqbal gecu;queue add eqbal bcu
    [System]: Added GECU to your eqbal queue.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: GECU
    You secrete gecko and deftly bring an assassin's dirk to your mouth, letting the venom drip upon it.
    You prick Chalos twice in rapid succession with your dirk.
    Horror overcomes Chalos's face as his body stiffens into paralysis.
    The protective coating covering the skin of Chalos sloughs off.
    4515h, 4200m, 20390e, 18900w cek-
    [System]: Added BCU to your eqbal queue.
    Chalos takes a long drag off his pipe.
    Chalos eats a bloodroot leaf.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: BCU
    You sink your fangs into Chalos, injecting just the proper amount of curare.
    4515h, 4200m, 20350e, 18900w cek-

--Then, with those queue commands built into aliases--

Alias "xecu" will now execute: "queue add eqbal purge/dstab &tar xentio curare"
    Alias "bcu" will now execute: "queue add eqbal secrete curare/bite &tar/purge"

4515h, 4200m, 20370e, 18900w cexkdb-xecu;bcu
    [System]: Added PURGE to your eqbal queue.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: PURGE
    You secrete xentio and deftly bring an assassin's dirk to your mouth, letting the venom drip upon it.
    4515h, 4200m, 20380e, 18900w cekdb-
    [System]: Added SECRETE CURARE to your eqbal queue.
    bite chalos was added to your balance queue.
    [System]: Running queued balance command: BITE CHALOS
    You bite into Chalos harmlessly, seeing that you have no poison in your fangs.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: SECRETE CURARE

So, seems the answer is to use mudlet aliases that send("queue add eqbal xecu") and not build the queue commands into in-game aliases :/

• Aktillum said:
    Okay so @Josoul suggestion worked, but only if I actually did "queue add eqbal gecu". It stopped working once I put "queue add eqbal" inside the aliases...let me show log.

4515h, 4200m, 20400e, 18900w cexk-queue add eqbal gecu;queue add eqbal bcu
    [System]: Added GECU to your eqbal queue.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: GECU
    The protective coating covering the skin of Chalos sloughs off.
    [System]: Added BCU to your eqbal queue.
    Chalos takes a long drag off his pipe.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: BCU
    You sink your fangs into Chalos, injecting just the proper amount of curare.
    4515h, 4200m, 20350e, 18900w cek-

--Then, with those queue commands built into aliases--

Alias "xecu" will now execute: "queue add eqbal purge/dstab &tar xentio curare"
    Alias "bcu" will now execute: "queue add eqbal secrete curare/bite &tar/purge"

4515h, 4200m, 20370e, 18900w cexkdb-xecu;bcu
    [System]: Added PURGE to your eqbal queue.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: PURGE
    You secrete xentio and deftly bring an assassin's dirk to your mouth, letting the venom drip upon it.
    [System]: Added SECRETE CURARE to your eqbal queue.
    bite chalos was added to your balance queue.
    [System]: Running queued balance command: BITE CHALOS
    You bite into Chalos harmlessly, seeing that you have no poison in your fangs.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: SECRETE CURARE

So, seems the answer is to use mudlet aliases that send("queue add eqbal xecu") and not build the queue commands into in-game aliases :/

It looks like the first alias is doing (queue add eqbal purge);(dstab &tar xentio curare), rather than queue add eqbal (purge;dstab &tar xentio curare) and similarly for the second one. So when you do xecu;bcu, xecu adds purge to the queue and executes it immediately because you have bal/eq, then dstabs. Then bcu queues the secrete, then tries to bite, then tries to purge; you're off balance, so the bit gets auto-queued, but the purge goes through fine. Then when you get balance back, the queued commands run. Not sure why the bite goes first; I guess the BAL queue just always runs before the EQBAL one?

Anyway, seems like if you wanted to build the queue commands into the aliases, you could make the alias do "queue add eqbal purge;queue add eqbal dstab ..." and similar. 
    @Eld yeah you're totally right. Thanks!