Starting Evil, Necromancer?

I haven’t really started this game yet and don’t want to invest all my time only to find out I went down the wrong path.

My goal in game is to rise up in power and strength and raise an army of the undead, and pose a threat to all nations with my undead army, seeing as though it clams I can do anything. I also want my own (base) tower to study from and learn and grow in power. Really just a standard megalomaniac necromancer is what I want to play as and do the things one would expect from a necromancer.

First of all is it possible and can I do the things I want to do?

Second of all, which race and class should I take?

Will need to do specific things or get help in doing it?

If not, could I be a vampire?

Comments

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN

Can't raise undead. One class can summon demons another class can summon ents..

By posing a threat to all nations with your undead army could be on the other hand considered taking over a city and declaring war on someone else.

Your own base can be done with player housing. or using one of the house halls to do the samething.

Race and class varies alot. Necromancy is in infernal and Apostate (Apostate is the one that controls demons) Infernals are a knight type.

pretty much any type of taking over another city is going to require aid from other players, since this isn't a single player game there is kinda limits to what you can do on your own.

Can't be a vampire.

Race doesn't really matter so much, except for like Horkval not being able to wear armor.

certain classes use stats differently.. that's the only real difference in races.

(Honestly not sure why we have a necromancy skill with out the ability to raise the dead)

• Not to drive you from this game, as both have their own strengths and weaknesses, but if undead and vampires are what you're looking for, take a look at Aetolia too.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Good news is until you embrace class, you can get a full refund of your lessons allowing you to test things out.  So explore, get a feel for lore of both the realm and your city. And when you are tired of being a weed in the garden of Creation let Greys know that you are ready to be cleansed in the Light.

• To put things as lightly as possible: You're going to need to cooperate with people a LOT to get anywhere in this game.  Striking out as a lone wolf/vampire/werewolf/manbearpig is possible, but only after you've had some time and experience under your belt understanding exactly why the vast majority of people don't go that route.