Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Robes of the Grand Magi

2»

Comments

• JulesJules Member Posts: 2,169 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited August 2014
    Antonius said:
    The solution is to just not say that things are one time only ever again. And to release more things in the shop rather than as promotional items.

Just to add, as a consumer, I'd want *more* clarity of intent, not more covering of the ass, especially for the middle ground where something comes out occasionally as a very limited, or somewhat limited release.  Tell me what your intentions are for this product's availability and pricing clearly and honestly.  

Like, the crazy chenubis wings you crazy people buy in auctions.  I think it's totally okay that those come up every so often.  They're still incredibly rare, and I bet people would have been fine with "one pair of these will come up every so often in an auction and be incredibly expensive based on how much you crazy people will pay for them".

More related than you might think, is that auction stuff really should be stuff that is kind of ridiculous.  I know there was some serious backlash against that sort of auction item after the whole Profit and his box thing, but it's really the only way auctions make sense, and when we push admin into *not* selling that sort of item, admin is going to sell the cool, harmless new idea Delphinus came up with for Shop of Wonders in the auction because to be fair, you're taking away the other options (ones that just might be kind of OP, but like, ONE guy in the entire game is going to have it, and he might not even be Jhui anyway).  That said, I'm still mad about that, even though it wasn't an item I was particularly interested in.  

Most things should really just be sold all the time or at least in regular rotations (like the monocle I bought on its original run that is now "occasionally" available for what seems like a really unreasonable price for a cool little doodad).  

Oh, I also hate talismans.  The only reason I'm remotely okay with them is because I can sell them or turn them in (and when I can't, I really hate them).  They're "okay" for a very low level artefact that has higher probability outcome.  I would never, *ever* try to complete an actual artefact this way unless it pretty much fell into my lap.  

• AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,732 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There's still a real lack of quality, or maybe I should say exciting, artefacts to buy once you reach a certain point. Granted that's a point that most people probably aren't ever going to reach, but it's still an issue. When your remaining options are things like extra int as a class that barely benefits from it, there's no real incentive to keep buying credits.

The thing I really don't like about auctions and promotional things like the robes is that if I spend a ton on buying credits, then can't get that one item I actually give a damn about, there's nothing else for me to do with them.
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,314 @@ - Legendary Achaean

they could always sell limited use extremely powerful items at lower prices, that have powerful utility/ability but last like a couple of irl months or something.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    Shirszae
  • JarrodJarrod Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,060 @@ - Legendary Achaean

To be fair, nothing you just quoted contradicts what they did.

Seems like they're handling it well, just saying that quote is irrelevant to the situation.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• SenaSena Member Posts: 3,954 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited August 2014
    Jarrod said:

To be fair, nothing you just quoted contradicts what they did.

Seems like they're handling it well, just saying that quote is irrelevant to the situation.

Sarapis did say that "Robes of the Grand Magi" weren't in the plans to be sold in the future, not "Robes of the Fire/Ice Mage", and it was even in response to a question about this exact situation ("Does it mean the unique ones (Robes of the Ice/Fire Mage) won't be available after the promotion, or that the artefact as a whole won't be available?"), so both the meaning of the words and the apparent intent behind them was pretty obviously referring to the base artefact, and not the customisations.

Atalkez
  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 4,760 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Yeah, I forgot it in my post before, but directly ahead of Sarapis's response (the post he was replying to) was this:

Antonius said:

Does it mean the unique ones (Robes of the Ice/Fire Mage) won't be available after the promotion, or that the artefact as a whole won't be available?

• JarrodJarrod Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,060 @@ - Legendary Achaean

'Not in the plans' is not the same as 'will not'.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 4,821 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Not in the plans also doesn't equal 30 days later release of said item, either. 

He specifically said "not next month" but here w are...what like 35-40 days after?

In conjunction the things that were said and the actions done were contradictory.

You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,314 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Well what's done is done. Can we make a new thread for artefact speculation and new arties instead of using this one.

a) because the title of this thread may cause some valuable input to be missed by people who could give such

2) because i can't figure out how to turn notifications off

c) because i don't think we can make anything constructive here.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    TharvisTesha
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,954 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Mishgul said:

2) because i can't figure out how to turn notifications off

http://forums.achaea.com/profile/preferences/Mishgul

Mishgul
    yes

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 4,760 @@ - Legendary Achaean

I'm really not trying to troll here.

I'm just extremely put off by Sarapis saying "Sorry you all thought we said something we didn't say" despite him personally having given contradictory information on the public forums.

Not that I expect more given past experience, it's just really shitty for the head admin/owner/ceo (whatever his title is) of a game going 'No you're wrong, and I didn't post anything to contradict this' because that is just not how things should work at all.

BlujixapugSeftin
  • AkiaAkia phoenix, azMember Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Blah blah threads over. Situation has been rectified. Time to close thread or move to rants. 

Tharvis
  • ErnamErnam Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

I find it funny that so many people are pissed that the item (was) being sold, at all.  I was personally pissed that it wasn't being sold, because I (like many other people) really wanted one (two, in my case), but was completely unable to buy credits during the promotion, so had no chance of getting the artefact.

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
        NaverreVeldrinCooper
      1. AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,225 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        I want one too,  still doesn't mean it wasn't poor form. 

Shirszae
      2. TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,705 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        I'd offer to sell you guys mine, but I can't imagine anyone would pay what I'd want for them. Carmain was asking 6500 for his and I was still on the fence at that price point. Poppa wants a special artefact customisation and it's expensive as hell :(

Exelethril
      3. ErnamErnam Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

Trey said:
        I'd offer to sell you guys mine, but I can't imagine anyone would pay what I'd want for them. Carmain was asking 6500 for his and I was still on the fence at that price point. Poppa wants a special artefact customisation and it's expensive as hell :(

wtb discontinued combat & bashing balance-breaking artefacts???

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
          1. XithXith Member Posts: 2,602 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Yeah I didn't get why they were talismanized in the first place. Although if it was for the special Song of Fire and Ice thingy or whatever, that makes sense. ;)

Glad it made it in as an artefact though. Chalk Xith's total of good ideas up to: 1.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
          2»
          Sign In to Comment.