Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules
Moldy oldbie looking for some guidance
Hi there, Achaeans. Been a while.
A bolt from the blue brought me back: Arcrisius' player messaged me to let me know that there are changes for the Naga, and the Dracrotalus lineage is becoming some Game of Thrones-flavored noble house, and didn't I own a sprawling manse in the Mhaldor subs that I could log on real quick and unlock?
After a few conversations with Mycen, Herenicus (I know, I know) and sundry others, I decided to come back for a while and help see this transition through, as a fitting coda to the legacies I cherish in the game. To do that, though, I need to get my study on, especially if I want to be helping n00bs again (which I very much do).
It's been five years since I set the game aside. I used to know it very well; not so much, now. Once-familiar things are bewildering.
Here's kind of what I do know:
- Shaitan/Apollyon became Sartan again and decided the Sarapin sacrifices were, like, so last era
- Shallam got nuked and now there's some risen-from-the-ashes analog called Sargasso or whatever
- And the eternal dagron that nuked Shallam also snacked on a bunch of gods, and Lorielan flipped everybody off in hilarious fashion
- Quisalis Mark et al. got expanded in some nifty way?
- There's now an Alchemist class with a parallel set of curatives or something?
- There's no more Action in Hypnosis?
- Curing isn't even hard anymore?
- There's some cool-sounding thing involving artifact assembly?
- Somebody who thinks "orientate" is a cromulent word was allowed to recode org logs
- The default client is all snazzy now and there are lots of convenience changes
- I seriously don't even know what's going on with the "artifact packs" on the credits page
I'd love to get some opinions from players, private or public, because help files and news posts only get you the official story, and only so much of that. I'm making a new thread because I'd rather engage with players directly than wade through 9999999 forum posts, and also because I'm lazy (big surprise there).
Here's what I'd like to know, in broad strokes:
- What's the shape of politics on the continent?
- What client do people primarily use now, and what system(s)?
- How has combat changed? Which classes are OP right now and which are crap?
- Are ships actually used much anymore?
- How's game population compared to several years ago?
Which gods are active lately?
- Is there some kind of FAQ for relapsing addicts to peruse that I'm totally missing?
PM me or post here, or tell/message me in game, or seek me out elsewhere, as is your wont. Any help is appreciated.
Attitude-wise, I'm not quite the same as I used to be. A little mellower, a little less griefery, no less prone to giggling at imbecilic image macros or a bit of the ol' snark. If I stole your journal or killed your pony lo these many years ago, mea culpa; nothing personal.