Mount conversion into custom pets

I think it'd be a good idea if you could convert your collared legendary mount into a custom pet for 250 credits off the typical cost as it is already non-decay and resetting.

The issue I have currently is that I want a custom pet for some of the benefits, but I feel like there is a significant inefficency in credit use due to my current collared Bat. I would still have this bat and just have no use for it. I could maybe create some niche position for it, but ultimately nothing worth the 250 price tag on him, and with no other way to trade it in. It is simply credits and value lost upon the purchase of a new pet.

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I feel like this has been asked before, and everytime it is given a wide berth. Would be truly great, though. I'd certainly love for my xabat to be a custom pet without having to basically buy another.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited July 2014

Out of curiosity, what's the slow-up on the actual implementation? Couldn't you have wrote 2 lines in policy on HELP PETS stating that you can list the ####### of a collared mount you own in order to receive credit value for the production of a pet?  No real mechanical change here, is there? Just a policy change. That's assuming you already approve of the idea(which your post seems to indicate that you do).

• <3 Santar, saying it like it is, in the most confrontational way possible.  Taking one for the team.  Anyway, this would be amazing.  I guess the thinking is that getting a pet really is an artefact upgrade, so this makes perfect sense.  I still won't get a pet until it doesn't look stupid though ("humble creature" and I think the weights have to be low?).  It's why I have an army of squishy mounts to this day.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Sarapis said:

Probably something we'll get to at some point (though someone should definitely submit an 'idea' for it, as that's the system we use to keep track of such things).

While we are on it, how about refunding credits to people who collared their falcons before the recent changes.  Not sure if other class loyals have this issue either, can't think of anything at the moment but if applicable apply it to those as well.

• edited July 2014
    Hrm, would be nice, but it's hard to be mad/feel like I need a refund when they made it so people basically won't have to collar their birds anymore (which means they won't sell as many collars).  Achaeans an be crazy defensive of admin when it's not in their own best interest but I'm actually just thankful they made the change on this one.  

EDIT:  I'd sure love it if my bird reset to sanctuary instead of inventory, though.  The "omg someone's falcon is out" reflex is strong with the native Achaean, and I have a reflex for when I log out, but it's something I'm obsessively careful about checking to make sure it actually went through anyway (if you're off balance it won't happen).