Artifact Idea - Ring of Dominion (enemy/ally list expander)

Ring that allows you to have 20 more enemies and allies.

Justification: Following the game's most profitable month in years, The game's activity is soaring. Furthermore, due to recent (good) RP changes, organizations have more reasons to fight any other organization than ever before.

This leaves classes that depends on enemy/ally lists in an increasingly difficult situation in maintaining their enemy lists to watch for enemies entering their city or chasing to attack them. Raids can hit 15 enemies per side pretty easily these days and if you are against multiple cities, you will have to be constantly switching out your enemy lists based on who happens to be raiding.

I think the original idea behind the enemy/ally list was to prevent bystanders from being hit by effects during combat, This would still be the case, it's just simply that the game has grown so much in its time that it is now preventing active combatants from being hit by effects.

Classes this would impact: Apostate, Magi, Priest, Paladin, Runewarden, Shaman, Sentinel, Bard, Druid, Sylvan

Classes unimpacted: Jester, Blademaster, Serpent, Occultist, Alchemist, Monk, Infernal

Comments

• Would rather the trait be more useful.

Expanding that to 20extra would help

• I'm not a huge fan of the proposed effect, or making the trait better than it currently is. I just don't see a need for people to be able to enemy or ally forty people at once.

Also, even if the general idea does get approved/implemented, no more goddamn ring artefacts. There are more than enough rings already, come up with some other item type.

• Impossible to balance around some semi-arbitrary number. 

Either the abillity should be single(or few) targets, or you should be able to target any number of people with it that you want. No arbitrary cut-offs. Remove the limit to enemying/allying.

• Santar said:

Impossible to balance around some semi-arbitrary number. 

Either the abillity should be single(or few) targets, or you should be able to target any number of people with it that you want. No arbitrary cut-offs. Remove the limit to enemying/allying.

imagine this... you enemy/ally for every single adventurer in game(and everybody is doing it). Would it be the problem? :)

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • This impacts Monks, like a lot. My support of this would be very selfish, I'd rather Kai-gain just be fixed already.

I mean I'm not against this but I don't see that this is entirely necessary. It at least makes you have to think about who will give you the greatest benefit to enemy.

• Daeir said:

I don't understand the need for enemy lists in general, honestly. There's already fairly comprehensive enemy lists for cities - why not simply use those at a code level, or allow room abilities to trigger on everyone who's not in your group or who isn't mutually allied?

Enemy list management is possibly the most pointless mechanic in the history of forever.

Disagree - I'd rather not get hired on by 12 griefers because they walked through my propped totem on their way to bash Moghedu as I am killing @Jinsun.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• Just to be pedantic, infernal would be affected. Deathaura and infestation are both enemy only. 

Now if only arc was enemy only :wink: