Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Runewarden or Bard

CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
edited June 2014 in North of Thera
So i'm wanting to switch classes, I've been waiting on knight changes for what seems like forever now and.. pretty much given up. With my current rapiers, as a runewarden i'm pretty sure i'd be doing a - o - k But Bard is different and I still have my rapiers to use as it. Was thinking Bard is quite possibley more useful than runewarden in group combat assuming there's someone else to prop a totem. But I can't decide so im letting you guys decide for me!

Also for the record, if Artifacts matter for the class then I likely already have them!

Runewarden or Bard 78 votes

Runewarden
16%
AntidasDakloreWessuxHasarVansittartAeliosAustereKrossCylaMeradorTohranSarienoValaria 13 votes
Bard
25%
AchillesJhuiExelethrilJakiroGoggoNellaundraAlstonSultaniAveriZukoAlcinaeKaraiDavioLilianStrataJukilianAegothErnamXytherVaetra 20 votes
Just go back to bm already
23%
KyrraTreyTharvisCynlaelDaslinDraqoomTerraDornAtalkezCarmellAchimrstCaoimhaenAccipiterTalysinNaverreSeifurKeiFendrel 18 votes
Stay Paladin
34%
ShiroAerekMelodieMishgulKazuBorranShirszaeRomDaeirAvtoAdaIsaiahCaladbolgMorthifTeshaYaeSeftinGreysJovoloGamoneterik 27 votes

Comments

• SarienoSarieno Spokane, WAMember Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Runewarden

Runewarden has excellent potential as a utility class if you use it properly.

twitter - @spacemanreno
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Stay Paladin

For the record my vote doesn't count, had to vote to see the pole

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Runewarden

Hunting runes at will is always nice! Plus runeblades and runicarmour is lovely!

• LilianLilian Member Posts: 370 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Bard
    the answer is always pick bard :(

Averi
  • NellaundraNellaundra Member Posts: 1,556 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Bard

bard that shit up

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygenMember Posts: 2,492 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Just go back to BM, you know you miss the brokenstar and preimpaleslash.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Go back to BM, you were easy to kill when you tried to raid as a BM  o:)

Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

Praxides
  • ErnamErnam Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Bard

Bard is much more dangerous than runewarden in solo combat.  Runewarden is much more dangerous in raids.  Your call.

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
        Jhui
      1. JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,241 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Stay Paladin

wait.

MishgulRom
      2. KeiKei Member Posts: 327 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
        Where is the "Go BM and give me your rapiers" option? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: 

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
        ShirszaeAlcinae
      3. AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 5,047 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Bard has much more strategy involved than Runie. Better passive abilities, etc. Who doesn't like an awesome Anthem tick in the middle of a skirmish? 

Overall I liked Bard better than Runie, but Runie has more damage abilities (unless you have a lvl 3 collar which makes Accentato or whatever like 1k plus per jab). Also, no more cleave for you.

My vote is for BM, since I went back to it myself ha.

You hug Aurora compassionately.
      4. FlorentinoFlorentino Member Posts: 516

where's the option for infernal? 

come to the dark side >=O

MishgulIsaiahBorran
      5. ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,352 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Bard

Bard combat is more interesting and harder to master, will probably keep you preoccupied for longer.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
        Jhui
      6. MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,372 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Stay Paladin
        wait

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
        hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
        JovoloPraxidesAlcinae
      7. AerekAerek East Tennessee, USAMember Posts: 1,818 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Stay Paladin
        Jovolo said:

wait.

Mishgul said:
        wait

-- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
        MishgulRom
      8. CynlaelCynlael Member Posts: 3,257 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Why bother changing to either of them, man. You're just gonna go BM afterwards. Make the end destination quicker, instead.

9. GamoneterikGamoneterik Member Posts: 118 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
        Stay Paladin

I like being one of the few skilled Bards. We don't need more competing for teh glorie. But then again I'm Hashani so I don't group, ever, so what use is my combat really. However I will say it's hella fun coding everything that's required to Bard well. But you should wait for knight changes it will be awesome I's reckons.

"To thine own self be true."
      10. CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        Stay Paladin

o.o This is the closest poll i've ever seen in my life.

ShirszaeSultani
      11. CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        Stay Paladin

Lol 44 votes and only a one or two difference I was going to stop it at thirty but might as well let it go till the last day of this promo

12. FendrelFendrel Member Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

You've been posponing this for too long.

Cyla
      13. TerraTerra Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

Bard is mine, f-ers. Stay out!

Kei
      14. KeiKei Member Posts: 327 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
        Terra said:

Bard is mine, f-ers. Stay out!

Wait.... Does that mean if/when Kei converts she'll have to change out of Bard, too? :disappointed: 

15. TerraTerra Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        No. It means Kei and Salad bowl should both convert to appease me!

Kei
      16. KeiKei Member Posts: 327 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent

Working on it, dear. <3

17. CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TNMember Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        Stay Paladin

Annnnd at the end we have bm and bard at a tie

18. ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,264 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Stay Paladin

Caladbolg said:

Annnnd at the end we have bm and bard at a tie

Does that mean you need to wait for Multiclass? :open_mouth: 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Tharvis
      19. MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,372 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Stay Paladin

seriously, wait. Really, really think you should wait.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
        hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
        JovoloRomShirszae
      20. DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,288 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        Stay Paladin

Just hold on a bit longer, you eagle-headed nutsack. You won't regret it, promise.

JovoloRomShirszae
      21. CaoimhaenCaoimhaen TargossasMember Posts: 800 @ - Epic Achaean
        Bladiiiie! Do eet!

22. FlorentinoFlorentino Member Posts: 516

We still have five cities and the tradeskill rework to do, that's not "a bit longer." Seven RL years for ships, remember. Go ahead and switch class.

Sign In to Comment.