Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Server-Side Curing: Working As Intended?

13»

Comments

• ShiroShiro Member Posts: 32 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    How about a config affmessages system to generalize lines to make trigger gathering less of a hassle then. Nice middle ground.
    Ernam
  • SantarSantar Member Posts: 2,382 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Without adding it to GMCP, it could just be made to send server-side echos of "You have gained the paralysis affliction" or "Your paralysis has been cured" along with the respective lines.

• StrataStrata United States of DerpMember Posts: 1,753 @ - Epic Achaean
    Would be too robotic.

• NimNim Member Posts: 2,015 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ernam said:

Pipe handling is something that could be easily added, however anything involving "scenarios" is going to be need to be done on the user end.  This in all likelihood would be very difficult to code in and use, and would also be pretty taxing on the server (each player running an extensive list of 'if' checks on every single status change would add up).

Now that I am capable of quoting things, I would like to point out that it took me forever to realize @Ernam meant in-game pipes as opposed to some crazy method of IO redirection. I was like, what's he even getting at... how would that even work...

And then @Makarios‌ started agreeing with him and it was even more confusing. T_T

ErnamHegua
Sign In to Comment.