Eco-Terrorism

Ok, I am just getting into RP, but this seems like a dynamic that has a lot of room for fun development.  Basically, you believe that nature is so sancrosanct that almost any action is justifiable in its defense so for example "Let's burn all cities to the ground because they pollute nature!"  It's still just a fuzzy idea in my mind and I would like help developing it, if anyone is interested.  NOTE:  It does not have to be "evil" or violent per se it could be boycotting all clothes made with animal fur or shunning people who wear them, or forestals burning down their own forest that has been invaded by Mhaldorian alchemically-modified vegetation, etc. Are there any orders/clans playing with this idea already?  It could be rumored that energy is leaking from the Arcane Kindred's master crystal and they must be shut down in order to prevent damage to wildlife, etc!  The possibilities are endless! 

From yellow to blue to white the dots on the wave form the image. Shape and texture juxtaposed with the sensation they create on the eye and the sentiment it stirs within. Thus the ambiguity of "to feel."

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    agreed, they seem to be annoyed enough at times with the current abilities to damage nature, I doubt this would go down well
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• KyrtonKyrton California
    ^Just to clarify I think you're completely misunderstanding the premise.  Think of the final fantasy series in which many times the "bad guys" had robots and other advanced technology while the nature loving "good guys" came out and whipped their butts with magic.  This would be a similar idea, but more proactive or at least that is one POSSIBILITY, basically people could come up with whatever scenarios they could think of, I just think in terms of rp dynamics when a simulated world begins to reflect the complexities of real world dynamics (ie you have extemist militant environmentalists and other weird things in reality) it becomes more -real- more interesting and dynamic

From yellow to blue to white the dots on the wave form the image. Shape and texture juxtaposed with the sensation they create on the eye and the sentiment it stirs within. Thus the ambiguity of "to feel."

• inb4 delete (extermination + Oakstone) = 15 page rant here.

If you're essentially after what was seen in James Cameron's Avatar, you will need to really flesh out the idea and see if anyone is willing to try it out. Mechanically the game probably won't be able to support such drastic measures. I'm all for hardcore maverick Nature people that shut down all forms of modern civilizations and man made structures, and I believe there were indeed one or two clans surrounding that concept, but with the likes of Eleusis and Oakstone making it a political statement as is…the lack of people wanting to change because it's been known for years it cannot be achieved for a long, long while…I don't know if a Greenpeace hippy let's-tie-ourselves-to-a-tree thing will really work.

All I can say is, there is no harm in trying. If you can put in the hard yards, get the RP going and have people interested, then while there may be nothing IG to come from it, the RP stemming from this newfound community will make it worth fighting for. Maybe talk to any of the Eleusians in game or something.

As a side note, I've found it incredibly difficult to be a vegan forestal! We've got armour and gear made from animal skins, a lot of the food is typical to what would be acquired by your Ranger / Hunter character archetypes, and we're very bloody in some of our rituals (at least…I am with the Order I'm in…but I'm weird). I did live off Aalen bread and Eleusian loaves up to Logosian though since they were more practical than meats and fruits.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• If Eleusis got some skill to grief cities I would be all for it.
  • Achimrst said:
    If Eleusis got some skill to grief cities I would be all for it.
    They're called tanks, you can use them to blow up rooms.
  • Antonius said:
    Achimrst said:
    That's not griefing, we have to kill their soldiers/citizens, sanction, drop a tank, and wait for it to blow. While all Necromancers have to do is walk into the forest, get hit by some lol vines and lol wolves and exterminate. When we can walk into your city and overgrow it with lol vines and lol wolves I will be satisfied with our grief.
  • Achimrst said:
    Antonius said:
    Achimrst said:
    That's not griefing
    Seriously? Have you not read The Ranting Menace after Ashtan raids Targossas?
    Ok, this is partially why I am testing out the concept on the forums.  I know it is bound to be controversial.  The concept was inspired in part by the Restorians ( http://andromeda.wikia.com/wiki/Restorian )

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    The trick would be incorporating this view into the game's existing dynamics and mechanics. Eleusis and associated orgs already embody the Nature vs. Civilization to varying degrees, and there have been several major events where cities' actions have disrupted local ecosystems and Eleusis has gotten involved. Playing an Eleusian character with a measure of zealotry and indignant hatred would be perfectly acceptable, I'd say, and certain Eleusian factions would likely welcome it.

However, you have to be willing to tailor your concept into the game's established paradigms, or you'll run into trouble. Trying to form a splinter faction because Eleusis isn't "hardcore" enough wouldn't go well, and inventing new reasons to hate cities or civilization for which there isn't reasonable evidence, (There's no precedent that Master Crystals are dangerous to the environment, for example) would invite more resistance to your cause than garner sympathy. I think there's plenty of opportunity and support for RP down these lines, you just have to follow the game's lead.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
    edited April 2014
    oh yeah, that is not my intention at all.  I a definitely not trying to disrupt the dynamic of achaea to any great extent, this is more about finding players who would be interested in roleplaying in such scenarios (it wouldn't even have to involve eleusis or larger organizations, though it would be awesome if they were willing to participate!).  This would involve myself and whoever would be interested in roleplaying such scenarios.  It could be as simply as a group of people who refuse to take certain actions because they endanger nature (like the ban on holocaust globes in nature?) but it could be more generalized.  Anyhow, perhaps a controversial title, but really it was just to promote discussion!  I am just "playing with ideas" so I can help find Kyrton's identity and hopefully end up rping in a novel way that would be enjoyable for others and myself and add to the diversity that achaea offers in an interesting way.  Any suggestions of who to talk to, what to do/avoid, etc?  In another thread there was someone who was talking about being the first to rp an "evil druid" ( @aepas ?) and because at the time no one had done it it was interesting, novel, and the existing organizations in game didn't know what to do with it and it led to a bit of craziness (but also a lot of fun for many people) this type of rp helped to redefine achaea and shape it later on.  I think this is when rp is best and perhaps what we should all strive for (if interested in that type of play).  However, many different things have already been done in achaea I just don't know what they are so I don't wish to rehash old lines of exploration (simpsons did it).  Instead, I am looking for a fellow band of interesting characters who perhaps would enjoy doing .. dare I say it?  The stuff of legends!  The stuff that leads to memorable interactions and characters that help redefine who our characters are, how they relate to each other, our goals/what we see as important and maybe over time even the way some cities/organizations/etc work because of the influence we had together.

• It's definitely possible to roleplay a city-hating forestal. There is a group of Eleusians like that already. Alrena will dislike spending time in any city (she spends more time in Mhaldor than any other city combined, not counting Eleusis). Furthermore you can definitely roleplay looking down on the city-dwellers. Direct agression against any but our current enemy is more difficult, as you'd still need the support of the Village to get things going.