Personal Branding

I'm going to a training in the morning called Personal Branding, to learn to sell myself better to future employers. My homework consisted of a list of questions. Selecting three of them...

1) If I was a car, I would be a ...

2) If I was a drink, I would be a ...

3) If I was a dog, I would be a ...

How would you answer these? Include the why if you want.

Comments

• If I was a car I would be one of those Tesla ones.

If I was a drink I would be a chocolate wine.

If I was a dog, I would be a Yorkshire terrier/Shih-tzu mix puppy.

I would be a Tesla car because without electricity I would be dead.
    I would be a chocolate wine because I drink it far too much.
    I would be a Yorkshire terrier/Shih-tzu mix puppy because mine is the cutest ever and we have a lot of fun. Also it makes my man jealous so I get extra love :P
  • 1) If I was a car, I would be a ...Volkswagen Gold Mk2 GTI

2) If I was a drink, I would be a ...Bitter Lemon

3) If I was a dog, I would be a ...Dachshund
    1. If I were a car I would be a...Chrysler PT Cruiser.
    2. If I were a drink I would be...Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.
    3. If I were a dog I would be a...Golden Retriever.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • edited February 2014
    Jesus.  Why don't they just make you take all of the Zimbio quizzes and share your results with potential employers?  Actually, going by what I've heard about HR jackassery, some village of idiots probably does that... Carry on.  Valuable training.  
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Car - Audi A5 with AWD - I'm fairly stylish but I'm outgoing, adventurous and can adapt to any setting
    Drink - Venti Ice Chai Tea Latte - Natural, good but mellow energy, good taste
    Dog - Bulldog - I'm not much of a homebody, I just need to hang out, whether its at a bar, nightclub or even a text mud :P

• Car- Fuel efficient.

Drink - Whiskey.

Dog- Mutt
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Oceana said:
    I'm going to a training in the morning called Personal Branding, to learn to sell myself better to future employers. My homework consisted of a list of questions. Selecting three of them...

1) If I was a car, I would be a ...

2) If I was a drink, I would be a ...

3) If I was a dog, I would be a ...

How would you answer these? Include the why if you want.
    1) If I was a car, I would more than likely be a Honda CRV - a car I'm familiar with, comfortable in, and confident in. However, I think I'd be an Audi A8, as I prefer style a bit more.

2) If I was a drink, I would be a cup of Jasmine Tea - nice and fragrant, with a good taste. Not sweet but nice to be around.

3) If I was a dog, I'd be a Welsh Corgi. And I have a feeling someone's going to say Shiba Inu.

Achilles said:

Drink - Venti Ice Chai Tea Latte - Natural, good but mellow energy, good taste

You are my new favorite person. I must try this.
  • Car- Some sort of dump truck.

Drink-Tonic water

Dog- callahula

I am big, and do a lot of heavy lifting at work. Because thats the fun part of working. Also you wont see me driving on the street very often.

People don't generally like me unless they take the time to get to know me, or meet me in a mixed social setting and not alone.

I am in some ways smarter than my peers, but overall am still a bit of a moron. Especially in social situations. Also I hate crowds and have felt the urge to bite at both relatives and strangers.

I have undressed a god.

• edited February 2014

If I was a car, I would be a mountain bike. - I don't drive and I think that cars are terribly designed

If I was a drink, I would be a Hans Gretel-tini - Das Horn

If I was a dog, I would be a cat - Cats are epic
  • Car - 96 Toyota Celica... pretty fun to drive around but more than anything, it will go hundreds of thousands of miles before it's too tired for another adventure.

Drink - Black Coffee. Let's keep life simple.

Dog - Hard to say... I hope I'd be a Corgi though. Nub legs, so cute!

• Car - Honda Civic... reliable with modest class

Drink - REDBULL HELL YEAH

Dog - Border Collie because I am a quick learner and don't require much instruction.
  • edited February 2014
    How does this help with selling yourself?

:D

(how was this again?)
    CV - Experience - Personality -  Future job(?)

Find examples that you can mention to the employer that points to all 4 topics.

For example, my education is that of automation engineer(CV) which is an education that is versatile in a way that it gives you knowledge about electronics, programming and industrial processes (CV), This has come in handy in my last jobs(Experience) where I've programmed control systems for both land based industry and offshore oil industry, I've enjoyed the jobs because they let me use my creative(Personality) side. In my future job(Why this' good for you) these skills give me a good basis for my future job with you, where I'll be sitting on the other side of the table writing specs for those who do the programming and design of the systems.

And that's how you sell yourself to an employer! They really don't care what kinda drink you think of yourself as.
  • WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    Car - Honda S-2000. Smaller car, but aggressive and is deceptively powerful

Drink - Chocolate milk. Can never just sit and enjoy me, you either drink me all at once or don't pour the glass.

Dog - Mutt. I have no idea who or what I am. I'm just happy to be alive.
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    edited February 2014
    @Rangor After having had the training, I think this is more an exercise to discover your own qualities and values. Who and what am I and how do I come across? And how to distinguish yourself from the other 200 applicants...

For me:
    Car - Citroën Break (stationwagon), practical, comfortable and loads of room. (Oceana would add that it looks a little like a boat).
    Drink - Milk. Natural, healthy, simple, helps you grow and can be used in many recipes.
    Dog - Golden Retriever. Gentle, smart, playful and responsible guide dog.

• Weirdness!
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    I'm a Taurus though!
  • Oceana said:
    I'm a Taurus though!
    I'm an Aquarius.

Doesn't mean I have @Scarlatti's abs, a never ending pitcher of water, and all the ladies wondering what I'm packing underneath my mini skirt.

[2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    edited February 2014
    It is true that milk is one of the reasons my people are the tallest in Europe. And our cheese. Which is made of cow milk.

Edit: Back to the branding though!
  • edited February 2014
    Personal branding exercises like this are a nightmare for us designers. Corporate branding makes me cry because of clients wanting a specific image of themselves, but don't want to be pigeonholed or stereotyped, but not vague either.

The concept of asking about car and food etc is to determine if people answer the questions with what they like VS what they really are and to see if they have a high or low opinion of themselves. I never liked asking clients to describe themselves in this way, but sadly sometimes it does work...
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Kuy said:
    Oceana said:

Drink - Milk. Natural, healthy, simple, helps you grow and can be used in many recipes.

No.

Milk is not nearly as healthy as you think.  Some food for thought:

Did you know that lactose intolerance is the natural state for human beings?  Indeed, after a certain age, human beings are meant to become lactose intolerant.  The loss of lactose intolerance is the breeding of a genetic mutation from past ages where drinking cow's milk had to be done in place of water.

Think about what milk is.  Milk comes from a cow.  Milk is meant to be fed to baby cows.  It is meant to turn a 55 pound calf into a 1500 pound heifer in sixth months.  And you're drinking that.

I love milk, but damnit internet, why did you have to show me these things.

edit: Cold hands make for many spelling errors.
    I still maintain that first person who saw a cow and thought "Hmm, I'm going to tug on those dangly things underneath that beast and drink whatever comes out" was either a genius or a pervert.  In the same vein, imagine having to explain chickens to aliens when they finally arrive..."and hey, you see those birds over there?" *points* "We eat them...and the white stuff that shoots out of their butt"
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • edited February 2014
    car - something cute, small, functional and blue

drink - water 

dog - Terrier (probably West Highland White Terrier)
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Oceana said:
    I'm a Taurus though!

bet you can't guess what I read first.

• @Kuy don't believe everything you read on the internet. Milk is great for you. 

• Car: I'm not a single car, but the abstract evolution pushing cars to use more electronics, including all the amazing possibilities, design considerations, and even problems that entails.

Drink: Are you saying I'm drunk? I don't drink! D:

Dog: Ein. :3